Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF : Swingers Discussion 740091021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWalter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 82   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You can't educate those unwilling when their not being reasonable. And yes, I'm referring to you specifically. You want to place blame on the democrats who have had control of congress for two months. You desire for them to fix everything you perceive as wrong for decades in a matter of 8 weeks. You sir are being extremely unreasonable. What did your republicans do to fix Walter Reed for the last 3-4 years??? Nothing....there could have been emergency legislation submitted and passed, special appropriations submitted and passed but that didn't happen since Bush took the country to war. Prior to war we were at peace with plenty of excess capacity available. Now that excess capacity in the last 3 years has turned around to a deficit in care long term.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
There's another thing to be said here. These administrators of Walter Reed who have been fired.

The administrators (generals) of Walter Reed as well as VA long term care facilities had/have an OBLIGATION to report to their superiors the conditions and needs of their facilities.

Without knowing all the facts, I can make one or two assumptions.

One assumption: They DID NOT report their conditions and needs and therefore should be dismissed.

Two: If the DID report accurately their conditions and needs, the current administration (including Rumsfeld) and congress ignored the reports and higher heads need to roll.

As I said, this current Sec of Defense Gates, seems to be really pissed and we will have to see how and if it's taken care of......I am hopeful that it is and it's OK with me if Bush gets credit for fixing it. It's the veterans I care about.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

"I think it's totally legitimate to ask what the new congress is doing/planning to do in response to the above. "

ABSOLUTELY correct....... It IS legitmate to ASK what the new congress IS "PLANNING" to do in response to this problem. But that is NOT what you posted and you know it. You got back to placing "Blame" on a congress back in control for 2 months.

I've got a BIGGER and MORE legitimate right to ask what the LAST congress and the one's before it controlled by republicans for 12+ years DID about it.....not PLANNING, but DID about it and the answer........not a damn thing!

THIS President, his administration and the last 6 years of republican controlled congress had an OBLIGATION in the planning for a run up to war to PLAN, PROVIDE (fund) long term care for the veterans. Period!

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Maybe they were investigating and didnt want to dirty the waters for the press? Maybe they to were embarressed by this story and wanted to get the whole story before commenting on it. What ever the reason no need to through a hissy fit with me. I am not happy about it either but I have a son in harms way so I guess I have a reason to worry, but not get pissed because I dont agree with your assesment. Smile it is contagious...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
And St. Pete is right, most of the posters here have tried to stress that this is an ongoing problem, and ALL admins have abdicated their responsibility. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
He is the White House Press Secretary. He is the voice of the White House. I don't give a rat's ass who was in "charge" of the problem - if that were the case, then he refers the press to Gates. The day the first article was published, he was beseiged, and since the White House gets their copy of these papers and magazines long before the public sees them, the WH admin was quite aware of the article. Even if the statement were nothing more than glad-handing, you still make the statement. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Perfect

"What extactly has the new congress done for vets? Did I miss the passage of a resolution condemning the conditions at Walter Reed? Is there some kind of proposed legislation to improve the VA? "

I'll follow your tack on many issues and answer a question with a question:

What extactly has the old 12+year old congress done for vets? Did I miss the passage of a resolution condemning the conditions at Walter Reed? Is there some kind of proposed legislation to improve the VA?

Everyone posting here lib and conserv alike has gotten away from blaming one party for this huge problem and specifically placed the responsibility on both parties from LBJ onward. Now you're dragging it back to a new 2 month old congress should have fixed it. It's simply unrealistic for a new 2 month old congress to fix the problems compounded over 30-40 years.

That being said, it's out in the open now....let's see if it gets fixed.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect, I'm sure Congress will act. For right now, however, they have no comment at this time right SandJ...jk lol

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky, Tony Snow, when this subject was brought up repeatedly, said "The adminstration will have no comment at this time".

Maybe it was because it was in the hands of Mr.Gates and he is charged with handling the situation.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Perfect, I'm sure Congress will act. For right now, however, I'm glad the entire problem came to light. This is something every person in America, whether they serve in Congress or not, should be outraged about. When a man or woman follows their country's call to war, they should be treated like heros when they return, wounded or not. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 82   End
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF