Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF : Swingers Discussion 74009
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWalter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF
Created by: JNMforPGHFUN The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 82   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks SandN. I saw the copy of the Legion Magazine you just mentioned and didn't find the info I was looking for. There are a group of veterans traveling around up here (I stopped by to listen to what one of them had to say last night briefly). They are well and truly pissed off at what pork barrell projects were added to the bill. I also listened to their viewpoint on how we treat our veterans, and if even half of what they are saying is true, I'm ashamed of the entire system. S

PS - SandN, I just tried to Google to get info, and again didn't get what I was looking for. Any ideas?

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
"Of the VA budget, how much, in percentage, goes to the VA hospitals and outpatient facilities, and how much goes elsewhere? S" -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Legion magazine which did an article on the large increase and the budget itself is vague. All I can find is 10 t0 15 percent administrative with 85 to 90 percent for care and new facilities.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
SandJ,

The reason Veteran's groups are pissed is President Bush submitted a new VA budget to congress. Congress added numerous "pork barrel" projects that did NOT raise the projected/requested monies, but will syphon off millions of dollars from that budget. My understanding is Bush will now veto the proposed budget in response to these "pork barrel" projects.

Personally, I think "pork barrel" should be outlawed. Two many politcians "scratching" each others backs.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
SandN, interesting numbers. One of the veteran's groups in New England is protesting the current VA budget plans, stating that included in the budget for this year and next, there are other expenses, not just money for the VA hospitals. I'm not really clear on their viewpoint.

Of the VA budget, how much, in percentage, goes to the VA hospitals and outpatient facilities, and how much goes elsewhere? S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Hmmm 1+1=.....can't seem to figure it out. St Pete you are an accountant could you help me with this.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Under Clinton the VA budget over an 8 year period increased approximately 1.3 billion. Under President Bush the VA Budget has increased approximately 58 billion just in the last three years.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Also notice that this paragraph states that the VA budget had increased about 50% in the last 8 years. The article is dated 2004. That means gentlemen that 4 of those 8 years was on Clinton's watch.....just to beat anyone to the punch of bashing Clinton as decreasing VA funding.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
One would hope so. However, as a disabled veteran, the proposed 2009 decrease and frozen for 2010 and beyond concerns me, especially since I believe VA funding is already severely lacking. From military dot com article in 2004:

"It all boils down to dollars, or lack of them. The Portland VA, like every VA facility, is caught in a funding crisis with no end in sight. Funding for the VA has increased every year, Internet myths aside. But the dollars have not kept up with the number of veterans seeking health care. While VA funding has increased about 50 percent in the last eight years, the number of veterans applying for benefits has increased nearly 150 percent in the same time frame."

This is distrubing

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Just a question

Anyone seen Pres Bush's budget for the Veterans Admin? My understanding is that the 2007 & 2008 budgets call for a slight funding increase, a decrease for 2009 and funding frozen at 2009 levels for 2010 onward. I did pull up a couple of news articles which supported this dated around January this year. Anyone else heard same, similar or different in Bush's budgets?

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
That's true. My view is that it isn't an easy problem to solve. Some problems, not having been discussed and worked on for so many years, are not only complex but take far longer to fix. Personally, I felt the firings were only done so that people could claim that "something" was done. I'd like to see a whole new "plan of action" being drawn up, one that makes sure that the Vets are a number one priority when they return home. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 82   End
TOPIC: Walter Reed facility is rodent infested!! WTF