Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 1880   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I knew it could not last long.

Too bad.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(227 posts)
I've never noticed him being out of his fantasy world.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
Robert is back in his little fucked up fantasy world - again. Or is it, - still?

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1170 posts)
Justus:

The the executive orders are not going around congress. The power of the executive branch is to be the executor of the law. This is a broad sweeping power that presidents past, have used to disband the entire justice sustem (law 101, according to my friend and prosecutor for the county).

All Obama has done is decide how best to implement the laws, while congress debates new law.

Because we have laws governing how a person may become a citizen, or to stay here in the US on a legal status, and because we have laws governing the prosecution of illegal immigrants, the president is empowered to mix and choose which parts are to apply and to which type of illegal immigrant they apply to.

This is why Obama hasn't given anyone broad sweeping amnesty, but rather a path to clear the books of past wrongs and citizenship, while filtering out the major criminals who's wrongs cannot be forgiven. (For example, Violent crime)

What you believe to be his powers under times of war, deal with the military, and in truth, are more limited than his powers to govern us all.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
I thought the Executive action was only used if we were actually at war on American soil? Doesn't the constitution mention that? And also that no POTUS can go around congress for anything, 3 branches of Government right? just saying.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5131 posts)
Sexy I was replying to your post about amnesty. All the a,b,3,4,5 you listed have all ready been affected when Reagan gave the original amnesty law in the 80's that what it has to do with your post. And as far as the constitution explain to me what this president has done that others of both parties. That's the problem with this country to many people towing the party line. Maybe you might want to study up on the constitution because if you think the men that wrote it wrote it with the thought of how this country has been run by both parties then you need to keep studying it.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(111 posts)
Further, oba's authority comes from his elected position of president, as the executive or executivor of the US government. Until challenged by the courts, or congress, any executive order he makes, holds the full authority of law.

This is both a built in protection to the constitution, and the means of destroying it, should the congress become an ineffective body. So go ahead, vote for a congress which will do nothing, which will shut down the government time and te again. So long as the position of president of the US exist, we have a government.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Sexy:

Show me the rule which prevents Obama from doing something? Governing any body is too complex for a mother may I rule. That is why businesses have ever increasing sets of regulations. They once held unlimited power and abused it, so they lost it. If you do not like what Obama has don't, then stop voting for conservatives who secretly like what Obama does and yet-publicly denounces him.

Power to do something is always taken away, not given.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
What does any of that have to do with my post hoping that we learn to follow our proven rule book. I look at our Constitution as our National Standing Operating Procedure. We have procedure to change it by following the rules for changing it, but not by Executive Decree. I don't care if Bush, Reagan, or Obama used executive orders to achieve the result desired. Unless deemed an emergency, it was wrong.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1170 posts)
@Sexy I understand where you are coming from, but Reagan did it back in the 80's. Though it went through congress I understand. My point is does it make it right if a bunch of idiots agree with a wrong decision? That's what the constitution has been reduced to. We are not going against the constitution if we get enough people to back our wrong decision. Also in this stage in Bush2 presidency he had invoked the executive privilege more than our current president. The country has been reduced to political games not electing people to run the country. That goes for both sides of the aisle.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(111 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 1880   End
TOPIC: W T F