W T F : Swingers Discussion 2083471022
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 1543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I won't disagree with you at all there, Frank. Everyone is different with respect to what will work for them. My Dad quit on Jan. 1, 1973, a New Years resolution he made a few days after he found out I was coming along.

He just stopped. He was apparently a cranky asshole for about 6 weeks and that was that.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
Granted many people are different, I stopped smoking in 5 days. But I had some help from people in my office. 2 of us came down with one of those terrible colds and smoking just made us miserable and we just didn't smoke. We decided to quit and we kinda goated each other into not smoking. After the 5 days we pretty much were cured and just like sexy said the rest was up to our own convictions and perseverance to keep from smoking. That was over 30 years ago and the best thing I ever did. I know you'll all jump on that everyone is different and maybe they can't stop in 5 days. But my motivation was to stop and I did it and I'm better off for doing it and have saved a fortune.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
Robbie, are you stoned again? You're not even coming close to making sense. To answer your question, tho, I was a smoker from 15 to 50. At 48 I became aware that smoking was REALLY bad. I took me two agonizing years to stop. I did it by forcing myself to run every morning for five miles. It just takes personal initiative and perseverance.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(868 posts)
Vabeach:

Liberals are as unhelpful to smokers, because we have time them if the harmful effects for the last 50 years. They haven't listened, so now they can do it on their own.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7345 posts)
See my previous comment re: "boarders"

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
Me thinks sexy is a smoker.

Anyway, smoking is a addiction to a vice, being a child who fought their way to the boarder, just to find a better life, wasnt a choice to become addicted to a harmful chemical.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7345 posts)
I'm surprised that more liberals don't rally behind smokers, as cigarette taxes are very regressive. Most smokers are in the lower income brackets and spend a substantial amount of their income making themselves less healthy and costing the rest of us a lot of money.

I never buy cigarettes so I need to ask someone else or google it every time I want to know what they cost. My brother smokes a carton a week, which is about $85 in Ontario where he lives. So he spends about $4,400 a year on smokes while bitching that he can't afford even a cheapo car. He's probably blown $70k on smokes through his life so far plus untold money on alcohol and pot.

All this aside - obviously this $23 billion nonsense isn't going to stick. If it did every tobacco company would be bankrupt in a week. Juries are fucking stupid, composed mostly of stupid people . The lawyers do this on purpose to stack juries with mushy easily influenced minds incapable of seeing through bullshit.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
By George, there is hope for the Professor! Tax the smokers! Keep that money for their health care coverage when they get cancer. We could also tax those who want to take care of all those kids Obama is allowing to border jump, too. They could pay about $150,000 per kid, the estimated cost to naturalize them, and pay for their schools, and their meds. Oh and lets tax all those who want to pay the freight of those ladies who get pregnant with yet more kids, with no father for support. Seems fair to pay for what you support? Right?

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(868 posts)
Even I must give on this issue, we have know that smoke kills for well over a hundred years. We have known that smoking tobacco is addictive, and while I dislike the tobacco companies, I am unable to support large or small suits for anyone under the age of fifty.

Inhaling anything can become addictive, the chemical change itself can be addictive to some... We cannot ban cooking in the back yard and inhaling that smoke too, can we? What about the O2 depletion one feels when chocked? For a time, kids were becoming addicted to that feeling.

This all said, I think we need to seriously consider a national health care tax on smoking. So to pay for the damage smoking will do to the poor (we pay for it anyway, might as well force the addicted to pay for the damage they do to themselves and others)

The only real capitalist argument against this tax, could be that if we price smoking tobacco too high, the addicted will turn to smoking other things. To which I would reply that an addict will do what an addict will do. Oh and a second tax for rehab centers. Yep, all forms of vice should come with a tax for the rehab centers we need, thanks to the addictive nature vice holds upon us.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7345 posts)
Maybe it could be true that anybody taking up smoking today could be thanked for improving the intelligence level of our Gene Pool.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(868 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 1543   End
TOPIC: W T F