W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 1523   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We hand out whoosh awards to people who miss the point. Some people have closets full of 'em.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
umm wut?

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(1669 posts)
Whoosh.

Upgraded to only a half-whoosh for your recognition that this episode ends with a lowest common denominator thingy.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
I wouldn't want either of these women at my Commencement speech. Snooki is just the lowest common denominator and Rice... Well, her hands are tied to torture and the oil industry. Both are bottom feeders, at the least until the commencement speech, Snooki hadn't tortured anyone against their will.

On the subject of torture, use something like Sodium thiopental or other drugs and be done with it. The judge who oversaw the 2012 Aurora shooting case authorized the use of drugs to get the "truth", so if it is good enough for our own citizens, it is good enough to be used on our enemies.

FYI, you get about the same amount of truth from Sodium Thiopental as you do torturing people... Only difference is that you do not get the thrill of beating the shit out of someone.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(7230 posts)
I saw that. Those poor kids.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
Weeks of protest by student and faculty have led former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice to back out of her commencement speech she was scheduled to give at Rutgers University.

“Commencement should be a time of joyous celebration for the graduates and their families,” her statement said. “Rutgers’ invitation to me to speak has become a distraction for the university community at this very special time.”

Snooki was invited to speak - and paid $32,000 for her time - and her speech went on without a peep.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18746 posts)
"As Fun pointed out, "

There's a sucker born every minute ....

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
As for Reagan's contributions to the end of the Cold War....

As Fun pointed out, Reagan's greatest talent was his charm. He made a lot of people proud to be American again after a long slide downward which began after the moon landings concluded. This probably had little to do with inspiring Warsaw Pact peoples to rise up against their governments, because for the most part they were barred from hearing him.

The people most responsible for the end of the Cold War were Brezhnev and Gorbachev. Not through their reforms, but from their inept handling of the economy of the USSR, which brought the whole thing crashing down.

I ignored the contributions of Andropov and Chernenko, since all they did was take a few deep breaths and then die.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18746 posts)
Truman is a great example of how time changes our opinions. Silver just pointed out that while GWB is now near 50% "approval" that he is still a liability. He won't be forever.

I am one of those "conservatives" (I hate calling myself that) who thinks that Truman was a damn good president.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18746 posts)
"All I can say is there is a reason we were putting personal computers in everybody's homes, and the Russians weren't, and Reagan led that reason"

The reason is the difference between a centrally-planned economic system and free enterprise, which Reagan certainly supported but hardly invented. Our government can do things to help provide things conducive to free enterprise growth (e.g., funding the precursor to the Internet), or hurt it, but by and large an awful lot of our economy is gonna happen or not, sooner or later, regardless of government.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 1523   End
TOPIC: W T F