W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710121
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 1543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sexy that is how most all of as Bobbie sais learned our trades, That is why again like Bobbie sais our generation made some decent money from busting our balls to get a step up at a time. But then again Bobbie Idles the OWS type, ya know the ones aint never had their hands on anything other than a fucking devise texting and shit. I do not have any pitty on his kind, My dad taught us from a very young age that in life if you want something you work for it, He always also did say don't ever let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do. Here is another example Bobbie my bro in law has a 7th grade education, Like most all oilfield workers started at the very bottom, Ended up with ExxonMobll for way over 20 years retired them and is now a contracted drilling consultant making over 350.000 a year, But I know he is a damn slave working them long hours huh?

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4883 posts)
Excuse, me, Mr. RDY, but since I'm a Physicist, I am somewhat stung by that whack at Engineers. I sold newspapers and magazines starting at 8 years old, picked strawberries at 2c/quart, then worked on golf courses all thru high school and college, in a sheet metal shop, went to college, then worked in plant after plant, shiftwork until I was 30, then, ah well, enough of that shit. Just wanted to show you that Engineers learn from a lot more sources than books, but they have to get their asses out and into the action to do so. And I admit, one doesn't have to be a Bobbie to think he knows it all.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(886 posts)
Jesus Christ, my sons when they were 6 and 9 never has as many excuses as this little boy has. I guess it's just hopeless and somebody else can pick him up when he fall flat on his face. Wonder which generation he'll blame then.

Mickey you're absolutely right, I've never met an engineer that knew more then someone in the field. Engineers don't know anything that's not in a book.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
Well I know this isn't an inspiring thought but: In a few billion years this will all be a big ball of ice and it won't matter what any of us did.

Live, die and have as much fun as possible in the middle.

Feel free to quote that lol

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2129 posts)
LOL, well, Rdy, so much for some good advice.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(886 posts)
Robert you say oilfield jobs leave people without skills? Proves just how much you do not know about the work force. Damn near every big money earner in the oilfield started at the bottom with zero EXP. But learned as the go, Hate to break it to you, but the very few college guys and gals in my field do not last very long in my field, for the simple fact that with all the high dollar education they have, They have zero on hands field Exp. So you keep pushing your schooling and make your pitiful wage while I still with zero college and not even high school diploma, Make a very good living. Please just admit the fact you will not work hard or ever over 40 hours a week, hence never have shit.

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4883 posts)
Three things to keep in mind. First: It is never an error to explain ones reasonings, as it explains the problem more closely.

Second, job posting sites which are as general as the ones you have posted, will always advertise a lower than industry wage. It is how all wages become depressed, and these sites are targeted at the sonographers who's grades were not in the top 5-10% of the class.

Third, sonography vs truck driver. Which form of employment holds skills which can be taken into another related or unrelated field?

I have most every 101 to 120 class out if the way. While this should have been done years ago, I had no one to direct me in how to use college to my advantage. I had to be my own teacher.

After my college is complete, and should I not find a job, I can return to college and continue my medical studies to widen my sonography skills. Further with a background in sonography, I could enter into the R&D for advancing sonography.

Finally, as I advance and gain knowledge, I will be enabled to better understand how medical books are written, perhaps I would begin to write and sell my own.

What can a truck driver do? Sit with a steering wheel, eating fast food and bathing in public sinks between gas stations? You pay for your own rooming, food, and more often, maintenance on the trucks. Not to mention the many fines dot will issue against you.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
Bobbie, can you realize how short sighted your thinking is. Now I realized all the options we gave you were jobs we all knew you would not consider, but you fell into the trap of defending yourself and justifying it with wild speculation. Obviously since you claim to be a writer, you give yourself pause to dream up stories of who, what, when, where and why that have nothing to do with reality, but I gota tell you your reality is not shared by 99% of America and if you continue to dwell on your reality and not look for other options then I feel you will continue to fail and blame others.

So here's a test for you and do some research into your chosen field. There is a website call indeed dot com. It's a jobs search engine. I took the liberty of looking through it looking for jobs in the Wilkes-Barre area. when I searched the job title sonographer it showed only 3 jobs available for people to apply for. Then I expanded my search and posted no location for sonographer and this site only showed 962 opening nationwide. There are other job search websites you can go to and search and I'm sure they'll show pretty much the same results. My point is with only 3 positions in the Wilkes-Barre area today, I don't see to much upward mobility you claim is possible. I hope you're right. My research also finds jobs in your field to average around $18.00 an hour and although it OK and that only works out to around $37K a year for someone with at least 1 year of experience. So sit back and figure out your options, like what will your education do for you if there is no upward mobility. Are you content sitting around waiting for a Dr. to order a sonogram.

You need to do some research dealing with today realities and look ahead instead of making up fiction to advance you thought process. Good luck dealing with the career job searches.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
Chest thumping is I impressive when the suggestions you offer others are go nowhere jobs like trick driver, oil rig operations and other jobs which leave the person without skills.

What the both of you have done is advertise jobs of success for your children and of ruin for everyone else. If this is not a clear indication of how you see other people, nothing else is. I will not quit college, to appease your arrogance. If you think my path is wrong, then provide one which holds a future should I become disabled. Every job you and the other conservatives here have suggested would leave me in poverty.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
Sexy:

I know, and I'll bet there are thousands and thousands of parents throughout the US that have sent their kids to college and paid for it without the help of the government. Granted, there are thousands and thousands that applied for loans, scholarships and grants for college and they went to college and are now paying off their loans and are productive members of society. Funny how past generations created a society that gives everyone and I mean everyone the chance to make a better life for him/herself in todays America. The only difference is how each individual goes about living the life you want to lead.

My oldest grand daughter will be 17 in July and although she can't officially be in contact with colleges for the sport she wants to participate in, but until then she already has interest from at least 4 colleges that have unofficially made an effort to be contact her for scholarships.

Did we allow life to get a little to simple for the current generations and try to give them more then we were given, but I bet that was said by others when we were growing up. But what we did was to take what we were given and tried to improve society, life and family in spite of all the so called idiots who were selfish and greedy.

Wonder what Bobbies world will come down to, will it help improve his life or will they just bitch and moan that the last 200 generations FUCKED Him from the minute he drew his first breath. He has a great propensity of blaming others for his failures, wonder what happens when his generation has no one else to blame but themselves. But then again we won't be here to see that and I know my family and others like us will not let his world be a measure of personal growth and success.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 1543   End
TOPIC: W T F