W T F : Swingers Discussion 208347101021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... More 
Start   1021 to 1030 of 1533   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I wasn't aware we were only talking about meeting people in the forums. I was talking about travelling to meet people in general. We've met a number of people in the forums and all those experiences have gone well. In a month or so I get to meet M after years of chatting online. I'm certainly not worried about her being a wall flower or anything other than exactly how she is when we speak via here or facebook.

I'm just lucky I guess... I haven't had any bad experiences travelling to meet anyone. i don't really care if it's not others cup of tea.. just a preference like all the others.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
We don't worry about the chemistry, when meeting people from the forums. We aren't meeting them for that reason. If there is chemistry, that is just a bonus.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Well, to each their own. Like I said - tagged onto an existing trip for another purpose, cool - but I cannot imagine us (or one of us) traveling for meeting people from the fora. Sorry if that seems disappointing for many of you.

Here's my problem - I find people in person practically never match my expectation of them that I've developed from knowing them online. So what I find interesting about people I've come to know on here almost never materializes when I actually meet them - bold people turn out to be shy. Interesting people turn into wallflowers. Articulate well-measured people turn into loudmouths. Or, from the other side - they don't find me/us interesting in person. This used to happen all the damn time.

This is part of the reason we want to meet people as soon as reasonably possible after first contact on SLS. Long development from online chatting is likely to lead to such a thing. We want to get to know the in-person i.e. "real" person.

I'm sorry if this sentiment is not well-received by many here. It's part of why we resist coming to gatherings people from the fora organize. After years of "knowing" you all on here, I am pretty sure that in person, we wouldn't "know" each other at all. Obviously, other people have had more positive experiences than us, but it's just not something we care to invest in any more.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
" Plus you get to see new places."

Exactly... even if there is no chemistry it's always fun to see new places.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
I love to travel and meet people, from the forums. It is great, to meet people, you have been bullshitting with, for years sometimes. Plus you get to see new places.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
It's not something we do often but we have.... most recently my jaunt to Jersey.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
Fuck!

LOL

Really? You guys travel distances like that just to meet people from SLS?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
"we absolutely never travel long distance to meet new people, and we discourage others from coming to us."

Duly noted!

:p

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
With kids grown up we're still finding ourselves by far more interested in other activities besides swing related stuff. I don't know why, not sure why it's just becoming less and less important for us, come to think of it, it wasn't all that important to us at any point, but for the past few years, we're just not interested. If it happens organically it will. For instance, when we ventured out to NOLA, or SA in the past year, we had fun just hanging out with like-minded other swingers. No pressure, just enjoyable company with lots of laughter. It happened organically in NOLA and it was fantastic. But we just lost interest in making it happen, scheduling wise, or going to clubs specifically to hook up. Shuffling our schedules etc... I applaud the people who are able to do it as much as they want to, we don't have the interest nor the desire.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
VA remember we still have kids at home that require childcare. We are lucky to get to do something swing related once a month. So a lot of the time the scheduling issue is on our side.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17531 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... More 
Start   1021 to 1030 of 1533   End
TOPIC: W T F