W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 1529   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ok, the next time you want dentist work done, go talk to a garbage truck operator.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7232 posts)
"I can return to college..."

I know a lot of thirty to forty year olds that keep going back to college because they can't find jobs. They have degrees, and insist on nothing less than twenty dollars an hour, but have no experience in any work whatsoever. So, good luck with that.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1841 posts)
VAB, I can't agree with you more on the value of getting to the area where the problem is, and talking with and getting advice from the guys who work that job I every day. And another thing I agree with: Mutual respect brings about a rapport that enables positive conversation devoted to solutions rather than playing a blame game. Worked for me, too.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(838 posts)
Whatever you say Robert.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4832 posts)
Justus:

Now take that greenhorn, and make him disabled before be has any skills. What does he do to survive and provide for his family?

If I become disabled after my college, I can return to college and grab the research and development, or even enter into sales of said technology. Which is also an area that I can enter into for employment with my skills.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7232 posts)
I'm probably going to regret this, but....

Your statement that engineers don't know anything that's not in a book is a pervasive opinion among employees in the field and is beyond idiotic. It is a major barrier when it comes to solving problems, as field employees and their scientific colleagues can accomplish great things when they work together and respect what the other brings to the table. "Usually" applies to everything I'm about to say.

What those in the field bring to the table: Practical experience and loads of observational data.

What those in the field do NOT bring to the table: An understanding of WHY things work the way they do and an appreciation for the fact that changing results means that SOMETHING changed in the conditions. Generally, their reasons are based on fucking with stuff until something works, and then when it does they conclude that what they did last is what fixed it. "Everything was exactly the same - sometimes it just doesn't work." they'll say. "NO. If the result changed, SOMETHING changed in the conditions. It could be something you don't know about, or don't think is important, or is beyond your control, but SOMETHING is different." They scoff at this and their refusal to accept it causes great problems with the problem-solving. They think they understand the reasons for what happens, but most of the time, they don't.

What scientific support brings to the table: Scientific approach to problem-solving and a strong understanding of the science behind the process involved.

What scientific support does NOT bring to the table: Practical experience and an understanding of the value that a lot of observations from field staff can provide. I fully appreciate this problem and I worked hard to overcome it.

When I worked my last plant job, I would make sure I would get out into the plant itself for 1/2 a day a week, talk with the staff about problems they had, and watch what they do, and sometimes do it myself. There is great value is learning what the field staff do, both in terms of gaining an appreciation for the problems they face but also to make them feel like I am accessible as a resource to add to their team when they do have problems. It took a long time for them to eventually begin to come to me with questions about what they were doing. I was really happy it eventually happened, because the communication between field and scientific support was near-zero when I came in (other than each just simply telling the other what to do).

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18758 posts)
Sexy that is how most all of as Bobbie sais learned our trades, That is why again like Bobbie sais our generation made some decent money from busting our balls to get a step up at a time. But then again Bobbie Idles the OWS type, ya know the ones aint never had their hands on anything other than a fucking devise texting and shit. I do not have any pitty on his kind, My dad taught us from a very young age that in life if you want something you work for it, He always also did say don't ever let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do. Here is another example Bobbie my bro in law has a 7th grade education, Like most all oilfield workers started at the very bottom, Ended up with ExxonMobll for way over 20 years retired them and is now a contracted drilling consultant making over 350.000 a year, But I know he is a damn slave working them long hours huh?

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4832 posts)
Excuse, me, Mr. RDY, but since I'm a Physicist, I am somewhat stung by that whack at Engineers. I sold newspapers and magazines starting at 8 years old, picked strawberries at 2c/quart, then worked on golf courses all thru high school and college, in a sheet metal shop, went to college, then worked in plant after plant, shiftwork until I was 30, then, ah well, enough of that shit. Just wanted to show you that Engineers learn from a lot more sources than books, but they have to get their asses out and into the action to do so. And I admit, one doesn't have to be a Bobbie to think he knows it all.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(838 posts)
Jesus Christ, my sons when they were 6 and 9 never has as many excuses as this little boy has. I guess it's just hopeless and somebody else can pick him up when he fall flat on his face. Wonder which generation he'll blame then.

Mickey you're absolutely right, I've never met an engineer that knew more then someone in the field. Engineers don't know anything that's not in a book.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1125 posts)
Well I know this isn't an inspiring thought but: In a few billion years this will all be a big ball of ice and it won't matter what any of us did.

Live, die and have as much fun as possible in the middle.

Feel free to quote that lol

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1700 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 1529   End
TOPIC: W T F