Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 2008   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A poll has shown that substantial numbers of Muslims in the Middle East and North Africa believe that the attack on Charles Hebido in France was not, in fact, conducted by Muslims, but instead by "shape-shifting Jews" as part of a plot to make it look like Muslims are violent.

Many people were of the opinion that Jews had staged the series of deadly terror incidents to make Muslims look bad, though some added further ideas.

“One person told me that they weren’t just regular Jews that were doing this but in fact but a race of magical shape-shifting Jews that were master manipulators that could be everywhere at the same time,” a pollster said.

The belief that Jews have supernatural abilities to carry out their wicked plans is not uncommon in the Middle East. In 2013 during a speech to religious students, Mehdi Taeb, who headed a think tank and was considered close to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, said that Jews are powerful sorcerers who have used their abilities to attack Iran. He noted that while “the Jews” had yet to unleash their full powers, their abilities were negated after they tried to use magic to interfere with the Iranian elections of 2008 and 2009.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22145 posts)
It's not hard to reconcile when a liberal sees things as you just described. I don't see many describe it that way, however.

You're definitely more tolerant of charter schools than I would have guessed, and definitely more than many liberal-leaning people I know and read. They tend to view charter schools as the intrusion of corporate interests into what they feel should be government-only and/or a threat to their union structures.

For instance, my brother is a public high school teacher. He thinks that private schools of all kinds should be outlawed. He shit a brick when we sent our kids to private schools.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22145 posts)
Why is that so hard to reconcile? Charter schools have their uses. And they are still public schools.

I have a dear friend who works in a charter school. She does good work.

But let's not think that charter schools are a panacea. They can cherry pick their attendees, and usually have much lower rates of disabled students, which cost tons of money.

And the difference in performance overall is not that impressive.

But in some situations, for some students, they are excellent.

And we should encourage educational excellence.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18070 posts)
Some liberals are going to have a hard time reconciling this....

Bill Gates gave an interview extolling the virtues of philanthropy and how the wealthy can help the poor.

(Liberals applaud. VA does too.)

He then used the example of charter schools to make his point. He pointed out how charter schools often accomplish more with less money than public schools and are "having incredible success getting students into four-year colleges".

(Liberals don't know what to do now. How can they tear him a new one while also holding him up as a model for philanthropy?)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22145 posts)
Yeah, but Democrats need people like that to swell their appeal.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1333 posts)
Yeah, but Democrats need people like that to swell their appeal.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1333 posts)
OK, another WTF topic. Strange how this one didn't make national news:

A man, trying to leave his dog at an animal shelter refused to show identification. He apparently became disorderly. The police were summoned and there was an altercation ending with the man being fataly shot by the police.

So, you don't have to show an ID to vote, and you can leave a baby at a hospital, no questions asked, no ID required, but try and leave a dog that you presumably can no longer care for at a shelter without ID and you end up dead.

wtvy.c om/home/headlines/Dothan-Animal-Shelter-Shooting-287135311.html

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4852 posts)
FWIW the welfare fraud went on for something like 8 years before they were caught.

I didn't catch something in my first post about the welfare frauds- I wrote "owning a yacht in." I meant to indicate where the yacht was but I couldn't remember whether it was in FL or MN. I'm not sure about FL boat registrations, but here a boat the size of the one they had requires a state issued title like a motor vehicle.

Seems odd that neither state caught that they owned a yacht- unless it was registered to one of the businesses they owned. They apparently owned a few businesses- including a television station in the Bahamas as I recall. I wonder if that station broadcast the story?

Their home in MN is well over both the mean and median values for homes here.

Anyway, they were convicted last year, he was just sentenced and because he has spent about 280 days in jail so far, he will be out soon. I'm assuming restitution has been paid by seizure of assets, but I'm not sure.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4852 posts)
My language was almost exactly as written below. Even briefer. I just said "Should people with $4,000 rims on their cars be made to sell them to buy health insurance?"

To call such a statement racist requires the accuser to make the conclusion on their own that only certain races tend to practice the "ridiculous rims" social trend. While statistically this is probably true, I didn't say it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22145 posts)
Today it's food stamps with the latest smartphone @ $150+ a month for one phone and a $250+ cable bill and music download subscriptions.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1729 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 2008   End
TOPIC: W T F