W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710941
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... More 
Start   941 to 950 of 1691   End
User Details are only visible to members.
" I think Carter was a horrendous President..."

Let's see, if you were age 3 to 7 when Carter was Prez, you must have read about him. What history was that? and what was horrendous about his presidency?

Introspection tells you that you complain almost as much about Repubs as about Dems? Even if that's so, you're complaining almost as much about the bad guys as you do about the good guys. What's funny about that scenario?

When you learn to distinguish the good from the bad -- not the same as short term vs long term profits -- you'll enjoy life, not just the exploitation of it.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
It's what I find most frustrating of all.

I complain about Republicans almost as much as I do Democrats, but not only do I get little credit for it, my complaints about Republicans are simply parroted back to me as if I'm somehow making their point about how Republicans suck.

that I will state that most politicians of both parties are in it for themselves, care little about the actual success of anything they push for and instead only care for the political success (i.e. them getting re-elected, or it reflecting well on their party, no matter how it actually pans out), and the person will reply in such a way where they act like I'm making their point for them about how corrupt Republicans are, always ignoring the other side of the coin.

A (highly) simplified version of how it usually goes is: Me: Most politicians, Reps and Dems alike, suck Miscreant: I agree with you VA. Reps suck.

Dallas TX
Username hidden
(20201 posts)
Exactly VA. There is a few in here that are obsessed with vilifying one party or the other. They provide little to no substance, they post drivel simply to get a rise out of someone, anyone. While a cry for attention, it kills the desire to actually discuss anything at all. I posted about it several times, even have a thread about it. It's just frustrating. I've blocked most of those who have no ability to discuss anything in an intelligent fashion. Some of them I'm convinced are just senile old man, some suffering from dementia, some are just blind party followers without any understanding why they are supporting the said party. Regardless of the reason, I have zero desire to read their low IQ cries for attention. And will not engage anyone else in such stupidity.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17038 posts)
The problem with what you describe is that we're not all going agree on which Presidents are fuckups and which ones aren't. I think Carter was a horrendous President, but I have no issues with things named for him.

As usual, I bend over backwards to be fair, and you use it for another "Republicans suck" jab. You are simply incapable of doing otherwise. It's absolutely boring to attempt to debate with someone like that. Let me know if you ever say anything other than one of your 25 or so variants of "Republicans suck".

Dallas TX
Username hidden
(20201 posts)
Admirable people and entities tend to get more and better things named for them. Consider that sports venues are often named after successful corporations. There's no Solyndra Stadium, or Enron Arena ...

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
If they fuck up, according to VB, they still should have streets and etc named for them. Nixon Street should lead to the dump. Dubya Avenue could lead to a correctional institution. etc.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
That is exactly the point VA it isnt about Obama. It is about appropraite bahaviour and there is a time and a place for everything. And naming streets and schools after a sitting president before he leaves office is inappropriate. My point is what if? What if his presidency turns out to be aweful and they totally fuck up? What then?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I don't wish for such a thing, Lucky. There should be (*after* he leaves office) Barack Obama schools, boulevards, etc. There should also be Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and yes, Richard Nixon schools, boulevards, etc. Like them or not, they were all Presidents, and whether you like what they did or not, they are undeniably important people.

I feel like I need to bend over backwards to the point of reverse somersaults to make this clear that this all has nothing to do with Obama.... why... oh why... do I need to keep doing that.

Dallas TX
Username hidden
(20201 posts)
What would be really cool is if Obama were to leave office in discrace. Impeachment and or some scandle that renders his Presidency impotant. Then all of those schools and road would have the name changed. After all it seems that dems in the white house seem to have some sort of scandle that follows them. Either personal or official.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I am not aware of a specific one, but naming things after Obama began in the weeks after he took office, so obviously SOME people have been pushing for it. I was surprised to find myself crossing Barack Obama Parkway in Orlando only about a year after he came into office.

I would object just as strongly if the election had gone the other way and I found myself crossing Mitt Romney Parkway next year too.

Dallas TX
Username hidden
(20201 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... More 
Start   941 to 950 of 1691   End
TOPIC: W T F