Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... More 
Start   941 to 950 of 1973   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mills College is bowing to requests by a BGLT group to discourage use of gender-specific pronouns such as "he" and "she," in the belief that such pronouns have the effect of defining people by their gender instead of as individuals.

The irony is that Mills College only accepts women students.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(11631 posts)
I'm trying to think of the last thing he said that didn't make me I'll and I can't. So it's nice to see him say something which didn't.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21968 posts)
What are you applauding? That he finds assault wrong? Did you think he was in favor of that sort of thing?

Explain why his being against this behavior is shocking to you?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
Holy Shit I'm applauding Al Sharpton. I don't know if that means I should buy a lottery ticket or if the sky is falling. I'm removing some of the commentary in the article which is really directed at things he *didn't* say. I don't like backhanded compliments, and this isn't one.

Aside: Some have questioned whether or not this "knockout game" is a real phenomenon or just the next moral panic. I don't exactly know, but whatever.

Rev. Al Sharpton condemned “knockout” attacks Saturday.

“This kind of behavior is deplorable and must be condemned by all us,” he said at his weekly National Action Network meeting in Harlem. “We would not be silent if it was the other way around. We cannot be silent or in any way reluctant to confront it when it is coming from our own community.”

On Monday, Sharpton and other leaders plan to discuss a “next move.”

“Kids are randomly knocking out people [from] another race — some specifically going at Jewish people,” he said. “This kind of insane thuggery — there is nothing cute about that. There is no game play about knocking somebody out, and it is not a game. It is an assault and is bias, and it is wrong.”

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21968 posts)
Godwin's Law...

You lose...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18001 posts)
Kinda hard to decide what's what when our President is percieved by 60% of the nation as an incompetent distorter of truth, who asks firsthow anything at all can be usefull to him politically, and whois willing to employ gestapo tactics to force people to do his bidding. If you think I'm over the top, just look at his record. Once a Presidentlooses the trust of his nation, he is doomed, and we will all be hurt.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1314 posts)
You just don't know, or refuse to acknowledge, how these things work...

On the other hand, the White House is saying that the report is "misleading."

Interesting choice of words...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18001 posts)
If he did just 200 interviews that's 1,000,000 households.

Is that enough to change it?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18079 posts)
from the NY post

"

Interviews with some 60,000 household go into each month’s jobless number, which currently stands at 7.3 percent. Since this is considered a scientific poll, each one of the households interviewed represents 5,000 homes in the US.

Buckmon, it turns out, was a very ambitious employee. He conducted three times as many household interviews as his peers, my source said.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18079 posts)
Fair points.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21968 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... More 
Start   941 to 950 of 1973   End
TOPIC: W T F