Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 1973   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yeah, but Democrats need people like that to swell their appeal.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1314 posts)
OK, another WTF topic. Strange how this one didn't make national news:

A man, trying to leave his dog at an animal shelter refused to show identification. He apparently became disorderly. The police were summoned and there was an altercation ending with the man being fataly shot by the police.

So, you don't have to show an ID to vote, and you can leave a baby at a hospital, no questions asked, no ID required, but try and leave a dog that you presumably can no longer care for at a shelter without ID and you end up dead.

wtvy.c om/home/headlines/Dothan-Animal-Shelter-Shooting-287135311.html

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
FWIW the welfare fraud went on for something like 8 years before they were caught.

I didn't catch something in my first post about the welfare frauds- I wrote "owning a yacht in." I meant to indicate where the yacht was but I couldn't remember whether it was in FL or MN. I'm not sure about FL boat registrations, but here a boat the size of the one they had requires a state issued title like a motor vehicle.

Seems odd that neither state caught that they owned a yacht- unless it was registered to one of the businesses they owned. They apparently owned a few businesses- including a television station in the Bahamas as I recall. I wonder if that station broadcast the story?

Their home in MN is well over both the mean and median values for homes here.

Anyway, they were convicted last year, he was just sentenced and because he has spent about 280 days in jail so far, he will be out soon. I'm assuming restitution has been paid by seizure of assets, but I'm not sure.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
My language was almost exactly as written below. Even briefer. I just said "Should people with $4,000 rims on their cars be made to sell them to buy health insurance?"

To call such a statement racist requires the accuser to make the conclusion on their own that only certain races tend to practice the "ridiculous rims" social trend. While statistically this is probably true, I didn't say it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21963 posts)
Today it's food stamps with the latest smartphone @ $150+ a month for one phone and a $250+ cable bill and music download subscriptions.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1729 posts)
I could only see that train of thought as racist if the body of its verbiage was girthy and essay like.

Username hidden
(4685 posts)
Don't get me started in 1981 Impalas with $4,000 rims.

I one time mused aloud if people who don't have health insurance but do have $4,000 rims should be made to sell their rims before they get any subsidies, but was widely accused of making a racist statement.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21963 posts)
The 1996 law changed cash aid from a federal program to a series of state (and in some cases) county specific programs. So other than some broad guidelines, programs vary.

But in every jurisdiction I know assets are taken into account, including the value of personal property like jewelry and automobiles. So you can't have a $17,000 car. But you could have $15,000 rims on a $2,000 car, since they go by blue book.

I would have to look up the restrictions, but in my neck of the woods it is something like a $5000 car and a grand or so in the bank. You can own a house, but I believe there are restrictions on the value.

Food stamps have much less stringent rules.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17997 posts)
I seem to recall that certain states base eligibility on income alone, or exclude certain assets such as a primary residence or 401k from consideration, no?

I know that's the case for food stamps. I remember the guy who won the lottery a couple years before and while still having lots of loot, they has no income and thus qualified.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21963 posts)
I would bet some version of that happens in every state.

There are tons of restrictions in the states that I know of. They can check bank accounts, loans, pretty much everything you own they can find. So it would take serious fraud on the part of the applicant, probably with some kind of cooperation with someone in the office.

They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17997 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 1973   End
TOPIC: W T F