W T F : Swingers Discussion 208347
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
Created by: looking_for_you_to_
Original Starting post for this thread:
What the Fugg happend to the WTF thread Now ?????

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 1586   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'd give an average American $100 if they get 75% correctly.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16420 posts)
Toomuch:

Spending cannot go down. You have X population you must take care of, short of killing the population... so to lower the cost of police, and other services... The government must continue to provide the services to a ever decreasing population which is spread too thinly to effectively distribute the resources to.

My own city has this problem to some extent. We have the city of hazleton, then we have the smaller areas around us that our school district and emergency services attend to. Those areas do not pay enough taxes to cover the cost of running the buses and other services out to, but because they are technically within Hazleton's sphere of influence... We are obligated to tend to their needs.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7423 posts)
You forgot to mention how in the early 70's the automakers were building shitty cars and it allowed foreign competitors come in and steal a huge chunk of the market. Consider Detroit was the home of most of that industry at the time. Tax revenue dropped but spending didn't, taxes increased, people left. The death spiral.

I'm not sure I'm buying the race war thing but I don't know enough about it to argue either way.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2265 posts)
Most people that spend their time trying to insult other intelligence are usually dumber than a box of rocks.

If they are so smart then they would dazzle with intelligence, but they always fail to rise to the occasion.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19314 posts)
Why do some idiots worry so much about other people. It must be a libtard thing.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19314 posts)
I will give Mikey $100 if he can get a 75% on the test that Sed took!

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(509 posts)
"Steve please tell me who fucked up and bankrupted Detroit other than the Unions AKA Liberal politicians. Please do."

I explained this once, we had a back and forth and you couldn't even bother to remember we had the conversation? Mind like a steel trap.

For those who actually care....2 major reasons and lot's of others as well.

1.) Racism. Detroit was a victim of it's own success. May African Americans moved to Detroit because of the lure of good jobs. Once here and making money they decided they wanted to live in a nicer and nicer neighborhoods and who could blame them. Well the while people apparently because once they finally plowed through the red lining and bought a house in a nicer neighborhood many many houses went up for sale, like the next day. Pretty soon the neighborhood flipped to mostly black and this repeated over and over through most of the city and most of the near suburbs like Southfield.

The city has lost over 60% of its residents since 1950 from this process and the one below. Basically the only people left are people that cannot afford to leave and 'liberals' living in neighborhoods such as Rosedale Park, where I grew up, (Funny thing my liberal parents and their liberal friends didn't all freak, sell and abandon the city when our neighborhood integrated.).

I am sure you feel like right, he is full of shit. I am not, lived here my whole life and saw it happen little by little.

2.) Detroit's population peaked in 1950 at just under 2 million. At that point the city was fully populated and at the time factories were built as multi-story buildings. New plants were designed a single floor very sprawling factories and there was no room in Detroit so those plants moved to the suburbs, with their jobs and eventually their employees and families. Why did people follow the factories? Because the metro area is a huge sprawling mess which can take you 90 minutes to traverse without traffic. If your business moves across town or out to the suburbs there is a high likelihood you move to avoid a horrible rush hour commute. Also, no mass transit due to the auto companies buying it all up back in the day and dismantling it to force people here to buy cars.

Now you want to blame politiciand for some of this sure, there is fault there, both at the city level but also at the state level.

At the city level the biggest thing that is causing bankruptcy is the horrible credit default swap deal what Kirkpatric signed. You could write 12 diaries on that alone. Horrible decision, but why are banks in the US allowed to do this to cities? Detroit isn't the only one there are many.

At the state level the state reneged on several promises including a reduction of income tax rates for the city of Detroit with a promise of revenue sharing which they didnt fulfill. This alone cost the city about a billion dollars

bridgemi com/2013/03/handshake-deal-with-state-haunts-detroit/

It is a very complicated set of circumstances that has brought us to this place, and to just shout something stupid like 'it's the unions' shows you have zero understanding of how Detroit has gotten to where it is.

Steve

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(509 posts)
Honestly it is too much work to translate what Z tries to say and its still open to interpretation so if its longer than two sentences I skip it.

I don't know about sex but I don't see how he has time to work.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2265 posts)
ZZ at it again. There are 50 post on page and ZZ has 26 of them.

Where do they find the time to have SEX? That's right they DON'T.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(485 posts)
Yup

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4920 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 1586   End
TOPIC: W T F