WAR CZAR : Swingers Discussion 76995101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsWAR CZAR
TOPIC: WAR CZAR
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
The White House wants to appoint a high-profile overseer to manage the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but has had trouble finding someone to take the job, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday. At least three retired four-star generals approached by the White House in recent weeks have turned down the position, the report said. The war "czar" would report directly to President George W. Bush and national security adviser Stephen Hadley and would have authority to issue directions to the Pentagon and the State Department, the newspaper said.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
more gun control is not disarming..

uh when is a white house statement NOT spin is the better question.

and oh i am good at this and most things, just ask me!!

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
anti gun sentiment?

i could care less about guns. ask my opinion and i would tell you i think more gun control is better. oh wait, you can't have a different opinion in these threads. im a cowardly pussy.. fuck

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
my "gun comment" was in response to your similar NON relevent comment..

You also have NO idea how long it should take for the surge to show results, but based on your vast military strategic knowlege you know that it's been too long.

i have to say after reading your posts on here for almost a year i truly believe you identity is sean hannity.

war is the ultimate conflict??? zzzzzzzz great point, haha. cmon man, go deeper than those type of "salute the flag" comments. how about recognizing that the ultimate conflict deserves ultimate consideration and that opinions that the war is not going well and that the goals are not being met and that maybe the plan of this adminstration is not worth the sacrifice and loss of additional pers and resources are not evidence of cowardice..

walk away with your tail between your legs... more brilliance from you. let me guess you have won every fight you have ever been in too.

it is not and has never been the point whether we have more militarty power and whether we could win a pure military conflict in iraq, it is much more complex than your fight hard or walk away a pussy analysis..but after reading your posts for almost a year i would not expect you to understand that.

not all opinions are created equal indeed mr perfect..

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
i had that same "spinning" feeling when i heard mr. snow...

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I for one am willing to give them that time originally stated, that is the September date. I do have a problem in that press conferences did show Tony Snow answering questioning and down playing the importance of that September report and essentially announcing a back peddling by the President on that September deadline, which gave me that old feeling and thoughts of "stay the course" we've heard for over 3 years.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Dzzy,

The two interviews that General Casey has given this past week, one to MSNBC and one to CNN, indicate that the report will reflect that the efforts in Iraq as a result of not only our surge but by the Iraqi's themselves are ahead of what the on ground leadership were hoping for.

We will have to see come this Sunday, but the media and certain politicians, as well as some forum posters, seem to be jumping the gun in claiming "failure, failure". The Congress agreed to give the administration and it's military leadership through September to show progress and get the Iraqi's to take more accountability and responsibility. This is only mid July, it seems some are declaring failure now. That seems to demonstrate that they either know nothing about military strategy or that they are actually rooting for our failure, and the current Iraqi leaderships failure, in Iraq.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
correct as usual sen,

and my post was based upon reports that the initial report due 7/15 was going to indicate that none of the asserted goals were being met...

nothing more, nothing less.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Actually the last of 21,500 troops ARRIVED 3 weeks ago, 25 June, and are just beginning their mission in the surge. The very last part of the surge 600 Special Forces Personnel just arrived 4 July. This is all part of the weekly updates that General David H. Petraeus has been sending back and General Casey has been providing Congress. None of it is classified.

When the surge was first approved it was agreed that an initial interim report by Gen Petraeus be provided on July 15, once all troops were in place. The second written report is supposed to be on Sept 15th and it is that report that is the one that is supposed to reflect what, if any, progress the surge has provided.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
also, i know because you KNOW soooo much about GUNS that your knowledge is all powerful..........bowing before the gun master...

opinions about war and the use of human assets can be had by those who have not fought. or u don't get that...ah, i know the answer.

let me guess it's your opinion that everything is going great..BRILLIANT

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
perfect,

i would appreciate it if u would NOT take that "i know all" tone that u usually save for other posts. i indeed know that the initial forces from the "surge" became operational within a fews weeks after intitial approval and that the last remnants became operation a few weeks ago. my posts are generally informative and researched, thanx.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: WAR CZAR