Voter nullification : Swingers Discussion 219552
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsVoter nullification
TOPIC: Voter nullification
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
I hear a lot of republicans cry that the liberals want a dictatorship. Yet I never see the left appoint people to positions of power which were held by persons who were elected to power. Case in point Michigan and how the republicans have overridden the peoples vote by law which allows the state governor to appoint leaders who dictate to the city (community).

Case in point, one such appointee sold a large building worth several millions (eight digits) for a few hundred thousand. The metal pipes in the building alone were worth more than what the building was sold for.

This appointee then tried to form a business deal with the person he sold the building to, so to make personal wealth for himself not the city.

So who are the real dictators? The left who are trying to protect the vote, or the right who are trying to push through laws to restrict or nullify the vote when they don't like who is voted into power?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Party:

I once read a publication about the conservative ideals and how it killed the more liberal northeran businessman with the rape and pillage of companies.

This happened after the interstate high way system gave the southerner access to the entire US.

What I also think is now happening is that the conservative ideals spread itself too thinly and now control even less.

If this would be a war (which it is a war for the soul of the US) the conservative ideals forgot sung zu's lesson about being strong everywhere...

"16. The spot where we intend to fight must not be made known; for then the enemy will have to prepare against a possible attack at several different points; and his forces being thus distributed in many directions, the numbers we shall have to face at any given point will be proportionately few."

"17. For should the enemy strengthen his van, he will weaken his rear; should he strengthen his rear, he will weaken his van; should he strengthen his left, he will weaken his right; should he strengthen his right, he will weaken his left. If he sends reinforcements everywhere, he will everywhere be weak."

Over time the conservatives have over played their hand, raped and pillaged too many businesses and exploited too many workers. The ones who remain the loudest are the eldest and they are dying off.

Sadly and thankfully my generation will pay the greatest cost of our fathers arrogance and ignorance to the truth of humanity... We are strongest when united and at our best when we are united under a common cause which prospers us all.

We lost this unity when we lost the ideal of prospering everyone. Sure the wealth of the top was less when all could rise, but because all rose, the businessman willing to work hard was almost always assured to prosper. Today this isn't true, not because he didn't work hard enough, but because other businessmen have sucked too much of the wealth of the common man and broken his spirits to work for anything more than survival.

We see this in our media as we no longer dream of what could be, but lament about waking from this nightmare for it is only the nightmare we know to be reality and the dream anything better than the nightmare.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
I can "almost" feel their pain. Voter suppression is in fact, the only means the GOP has at this point to remain a viable party. Be it by trying to punch through voter ID and then closing DMVs in Democratic areas, Gerrymandering, intimidation at the polling place, whatever it takes. Quite simply, the numbers no longer work for the republicans and it's gets worse for them every election cycle. They have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections and Clinton and Obama have both not only put into play, but won states the republicans should be able to take for granted. The Republicans would have to retake states that should be theirs, long before they cut into any blue or even purple states. I have no sympathy, because they have no one to blame but themselves. Since the Southern strategy which essentially created the modern GOP on a bed of racism, they owned the vote of the white permanent underclass for two generations and they thought it would last forever. The internet, integration on the south and Mountain west and the 24 hour news cycle changed all that. The media blitz, the information super highway and the rise of minorities in public institutions has taken a bite out of the GOP base both along generational, gender and economic lines. Bad fro republicans, good for America

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
I hear a lot of republicans cry that the liberals want a dictatorship. Yet I never see the left appoint people to positions of power which were held by persons who were elected to power. Case in point Michigan and how the republicans have overridden the peoples vote by law which allows the state governor to appoint leaders who dictate to the city (community).

Case in point, one such appointee sold a large building worth several millions (eight digits) for a few hundred thousand. The metal pipes in the building alone were worth more than what the building was sold for.

This appointee then tried to form a business deal with the person he sold the building to, so to make personal wealth for himself not the city.

So who are the real dictators? The left who are trying to protect the vote, or the right who are trying to push through laws to restrict or nullify the vote when they don't like who is voted into power?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Voter nullification