Voter Suppression, Republican Style : Swingers Discussion 2108091011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsVoter Suppression, Republican Style
TOPIC: Voter Suppression, Republican Style
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 38   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well it is about time to have this. I don't understand the problem with having to show an ID to vote.You have to show an ID to cash a check so why not when you vote.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
MY PC JUST DONE A SWITHAROO ON ME.Iwas on the death panel post and it flip me to this post without me knowing it.gggrrrrdamit.......BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
I had a couisn die in the 70s.they took him to the hospital and put him on life support and said he could not live without it.the family said to take him off of it.they said no.two weeks later they said that his stay was more then he was worth.they took him off then siezed his property and sold it off to pay for his bill.we learn later they done it so they could sieze his land.....BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Yeah, well it's up to us whether or not that persists, isn't it? I broke from my usual habit of not answering.

I was enjoying that discussion too. As I said, I don't think we disagree on all that much, and it's a very unpalatable mix of money, politics, morals and health. Nobody likes to make decisions like that.

Don't let your distaste for the person telling the story ruin the point of it......

Rush Limbaugh once told a story of his maternal grandmother having a severe stroke many years ago. His mother was told by the doctors that there was no hope for her mother and only life support systems kept her alive, and that it was a family decision when and if they should "pull the plug". They went home that night and his mother asked him what she should do. He said he didn't know. It was a very rough evening while they struggled with this question, as part of them held out some hope, while at the same time they wanted her pain to end. In the early hours of the morning, his grandmother died on her own. He said that the weight lifted from them from having to make that decision was the greatest relief of their lives.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
Actually VB, I was kinda enjoying our little discussion in Death Panels but it suddenly became a "whoa is me" thread for you know who.

Too bad. It coulda been a good one.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2787 posts)
So this topic has re-emerged... since there were so many voter-ID-related threads, I just took the most recent one and bumped it.

Virginia law will require all voters to have photo IDs beginning next year.

Gov. Bob McDonnell signed a bill Tuesday that his fellow Republicans said was a safeguard against voter fraud. Democrats bitterly denounced the legislation as a Jim Crow-era tactic to suppress the votes of the elderly, minorities and the underprivileged.

The legislation provides for a free valid ID with the bearer's photo to any registered voter who lacks one.

Along with signing the legislation, McDonnell issued an executive order directing the State Board of Elections to start a public education program to tell voters about the new requirement before the 2014 congressional and U.S. Senate elections.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
Is it possible that immigrating Russian Tea Party Raccoons are a special form of dumbed-down American history citizens?

How could they have failed immigration and naturalization education and oaths and still be considered American citizens?

Would a modern world Russian immigrant know nothing about the Russian Revolution in realtion to the American and French Revolutions?

Is it possible that a naturalized Russian immigrant has never seen a century of American movies, including Birth of a Nation and Doctor Zhivago?

How could such a miscreation result in American citizenship?

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
"My impression is that Americans have become so dumbed-down by modern media misrepresentations that they no longer understand the reason for the American Revolution and the creation of the Constitution of the United States of America."

You mean like not knowing that the Tea Party the righties named their 'movement' after was a protest against corporate greed and abuse first and the British Govt second?

Or the fact that most of our founders were Deists, NOT Christians?

Or that our most fiercely independent founder was most adamantly FOR free education provided to all by the state? (He formed the University of Virginia to accomplish this).

Or that so many of the meme's that we are force-fed about our past are blatant lies and mistruths?

I could literally go on for hours...

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
I wonder how many Americans in this modern world comprehend the breadth and depth of the American and French Revolutions, which occurred almost simultaneously in another era of this cosmos?

My impression is that Americans have become so dumbed-down by modern media misrepresentations that they no longer understand the reason for the American Revolution and the creation of the Constitution of the United States of America.

The Republic-con Party specializes in reducing the capability of human intelligence to the level of scavenging Tea Party raccoons living under the bus.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Awe still making excuses for a failed campaign and presidency..LMAO I cant wait til next week....7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 38   End
TOPIC: Voter Suppression, Republican Style