Voter Suppression, Republican Style : Swingers Discussion 210809101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsVoter Suppression, Republican Style
TOPIC: Voter Suppression, Republican Style
Created by: TheGhost_and_MrsMuir
Original Starting post for this thread:
Once again, as they're coming in too fast to fully dig in to most of these, but you should know about them, so here's our quick round-up, for now, of the latest...

• Maricopa County, AZ Gives Wrong Election Date to Hispanic Voters. Again.: The largest county in AZ, the one with Phoenix in it, admitted last week that materials for Hispanic voters had incorrectly given the date of the November 6 election as November 8. They said it was a small error that didn't affect a lot of voters. This week, a spokesperson for the Maricopa County Elections Department admits that they did it again: "Yvonne Reed confirms to ABC15 that bookmarks distributed by the elections department incorrectly listed the date of the general election in Spanish as November 8. The flip side of the bookmark correctly lists the date in English as November 6. Reed tells ABC15 the bookmarks were distributed at the three election counters throughout Maricopa County and that the department has no way of knowing exactly how many people received the bookmarks."

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well whether I agree or not doesn't matter in this case. If SCOTUS believed it was a states rights issue they would have kicked it back. I personally am kinda in the middle on the rights issue. I don't think marriage is either the state or the feds business.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Have there been any challenges of states allowing gay marriage to the Supreme Court?

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
I think it should be a state issue. I like States Rights.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16826 posts)
Welllll VAB I think we can all accurately guess what the outcome of those cases will be. Outside of a few extreme on either side, IMO, it is pretty much a non issue. Most people I know on both sides believe that SCOTUS should strike down those laws.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Well, we have the DOMA/Prop 8 SCOTUS cases.....

It's fun to watch people give all the Democrats who voted for it - and Clinton who openly agreed with it - a complete pass on it and throw the entire thing on the backs of Republicans.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
What? Robber Barons is no longer interesting? LMAO!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
That would be nice. It would be even better if we could have a good debate with out getting of topic.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
We need something interesting in politics to talk about here now.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
VaB. Yep that is what they are saying. I have also heard them claim that the people are unable to get a state ID because they lack transportation. Well if the left can go pick them up and take them to vote then why can they not pick them up and take them to get their ID from the state.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
While some opponents of it make the argument that voter fraud is rare and thus the whole scheme is a ruse to keep the poor and minorities (i.e. Democrats) away from the polls as some of them apparently do not have photo IDs, I'm not sure how that argument holds up once photo IDs are free.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
TOPIC: Voter Suppression, Republican Style