Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone
TOPIC: Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 401   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A University of Colorado student was arrested after making comments that classmates deemed sympathetic toward the gunman blamed for killing 32 students and himself at Virginia Tech , authorities said.

During a class discussion of Monday's massacre at Virginia Tech, the student "made comments about understanding how someone could kill 32 people," university police Cmdr. Brad Wiesley said.

Several witnesses told investigators the student said he was "angry about all kinds of things from the fluorescent light bulbs to the unpainted walls, and it made him angry enough to kill people," according to a police report. Witnesses "said they were afraid of him and afraid to come to class with him," Wiesley said.

The student, identified by police as Max Karson of Denver, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of interfering with staff, faculty or students of an education institution. He had a court appearance set for Wednesday afternoon.

His father, Michael Karson, told the Camera newspaper that the comments may have been misinterpreted and questioned whether his son's free speech rights had been violated.

ah, now the "fun" begins....

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
The military doesn't use fully automatic small arms anymore. Their weapons are three point burst.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Perfect, After what happened in VA, TN lawmakers passed a bill in the House today to allow people with carry permits on city and state properties (city and state parks, arenas, etc.) They are also talking about allowing permit holders to carry in restaraunts that serve alcohol (not bars). Also the state Senate is to vote on an Emergency Powers bill saying that in an emergency that no local state or federal agency can take your guns or prevent you from buying one during said emergency.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
"You have gang members in Universities out there? Nice. lol"

Something interesting here. One of the largest selling books I have is the "48 laws of power". Bought by thugs and gang members. And yes you can tell who and that they are. It's also one of the books that is stolen most often.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
No comparison. Boot camp is an amazing disciplinary event.

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
Mrs. Simm mine didn't pack his boots either!

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
We currently have 3 boys in college....and I have to agree with you elc.... I don't think I would trust any of them with a gun. I can't even trust one of them to remember to pack snow boots when one of them goes to college in Colorado!! He wears flip flops in 30 degree weather ....ACK!!!! No gun for him.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"there are millions of young men and women who attend our colleges who are emotionally mature and responsible enough..".

I find that an interesting statement. It certainly matches nothing I've ever witnessed first hand. Mature and responsible in that age group is an acute minority.

I still want to know what our institutions are doing post-9-11 regarding contingency plans over any type of terrorism. And if your kids are going to college it is a reasonable question, even before this event occurred.

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
Oh excuse me - and you have such a solid argument based on hocus pocus.... and do you still believe in using leaches to treat aliments too? Some of the best hospitals in the country use leaches, they use maggots too.

7/7/2004 Maggots and leeches: Good medicine By Rita Rubin, USA TODAY Two medical devices recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration seem more likely to appear on Fear Factor than ER.

Calling them "devices" is a stretch. But just like stimulators and stents, prostheses and pacemakers, leeches and maggots are now classified as FDA-approved medical devices — the first live animals to earn that distinction.

No question, the thought of getting up close and personal with leeches or maggots is enough to make most healthy people feel ill. But patients who have been treated with these "devices," as well as their doctors, credit them with restoring health to tissue when high-tech medicine could not.

Although a French firm's leeches were approved only last week and a California doctor's maggots were cleared in January, the creatures have long medical track records.

Companies that were already selling leeches before the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act became law in 1976 were grandfathered in and did not need FDA approval. The FDA only recently decided to regulate maggots, says internist Ronald Sherman, who earned the agency's permission in January to continue supplying the caterpillar-like fly larvae.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
OH and when you lose a finger and get it sown back on a LEACH comes in handy.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 401   End
TOPIC: Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone