Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone : Swingers Discussion 772291031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsVirginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone
TOPIC: Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 401   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Though that is bad on their part, for not taking care of the "one" item that will save their life. It's also a good thing, never had a reason to pull prior to that. "

"It's not a GOOD thing.........It means they haven't practiced with their weapon in a LONG time.

I really don't think you know much about this subject."

You see Perfect, this is what I mean by single minded thought. And how you have the I'm right everyone else is wrong mentality. I should have remembered that EVERYTHING has to be spelled out for you. I should have emphasized the bad part more than I did. Yes, it is bad that he didn't pull it out to practice with, as well as keeping it clean and kissing it goodnight.

The good thing is he never had to pull it out to SHOOT someone. Never had to use the weapon in an escalated situation, unlike you. God forbid someone have a weapon and never have to point it at someone. What good would it be.

I guess your screen name means more than I thought it did. Guess it signifies how you view yourself.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
I'd say the odds of it are very low! I would hope that anyone in this kind of situation who was armed would do the right things and make the right decisions, but none of us can be sure of this. I'm still sticking to my thought that gun control would not have made a difference in this situation. If Cho couldn't have gotten a gun he would have built a bomb, or used some other means to do what he was planning to do. Instead of people taking off on the issue of gun control how about putting some of that energy into the mental illness that seems to be taking over so many people.......Why the fuck are people so crazy?

Perfect, you do know me, I have my own gun. I know how to shoot it, load it, admittedly I don't clean it myself, he does it for me but I know how. Neither of us carry we have friends who do but we don't feel the need. We are by no means anti-gun. I just can't imagine who you'd trust to protect your kids in this way.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
I don't know Perfect, Cho could have been taken out and lives saved, or the death toll could have been even higher, it's hard to say what could have happened if....

If...there would happen to be an adult at any school armed, that person would have to be highly trained (requiring higher pay) and what a can of worms that would open up. Like who is doing the hiring..Have you ever met your school's security guard? Ours is a dip IMO, probably an 8 buck an hour rent a cop who couldn't get a job elsewhere. I'd rather see the lunch lady packin!

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
I wonder if having someone armed at my children's school at this point would make me feel better or worse? The amount of threats and school closings recently is very frightening. Lots of twisted thinking people out there.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
"I hate "what if." Anti gun idiots use them all too often to place a discussion into an unwinnable scenario. No one can honestly answer that one, Atown, until that exact situation is actually faced. Too many variables for a frank and honest discussion."

Debjack--Perfect is the one who brought up the "what if" question, not me. I just expanded on his question and my answer from earlier. And you also supported a point I've been trying to make when all this Va Tech discussion came about. NO ONE knows what they would do in any given situation. All of you have been saying you would have dropped him in his tracks if you were there. None of you faced Cho, though you all have the answer. And too many variables for a frank and honest discussion. There are no frank and honest "discussions" here, it's all I'm right your wrong. This is what Anti gun idiots use to present their case. Us pro gun fanatics never use what if questions. Or the, I'm smarter, you're a dumbass. I have bigger balls then all of you because I carry a 38, so big in fact I can't get my pants on! You, ha, you don't have what it takes to carry so you are less of a man than I am. That's the frank and honest discussion. I would much rather see you say; In the simple scenario you present I'm not sure what I would do.

"Question is you're opposed on principle to torture.... would you want me to ask him nicely to tell me were she is or would you prefer me to be say a bit more aggressive in my questioning?"

Wrong person to ask that one. I say do what needs to be done, except rip out his tongue. I have no sympathy for a known terrorist. Terrorists are cowards, they prey non suspecting civilians who may have political ideas, but aren't putting them into practice. And let me say this, I also wish one of you guys were at Va Tech and could have dropped Cho. The point I'm trying to make is not every setting is suitable for what YOU desire.

"Now tell me where in your scenario that the outcome is any worse than if I wasn't there."

Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I never said it was worse in your scenario. Single minded thinking is good for you, not everyone. And though I may/may not agree with your methods or actions of a specific situation. That innocent individual that you shot by mistake has loved ones. They are the ones who are affected and the situation is worse. If I was faced with shooting my wife, daughter or son. I don't think it would be an easy decision to make. Emotions are a funny thing, could you really look into the eyes of your wife and pull the trigger? I don't think I could. It's much easier to dropped someone you have no ties to then someone you supposedly love. All for the survival of strangers.

"Cops are actually very poor marksmen in the grand scheme of things. And before everyone jumps me.... i grew up in a house full of cops and firemen, love them to death but for the most part they can't shoot."

That is your view, I have an opposite view of that. In the heat of the moment and all hell has broken loose. Very few people are trained with nerves of steel. Even SEALS and Rangers have confusion. Ask Pat Tillman.

"I agree with Scott (again). Many cops aren't very proficient with a firearm. Hell, I've seen bullets corroded to the cylinder walls in police revolvers because they had been in there so long."

Though that is bad on their part, for not taking care of the "one" item that will save their life. It's also a good thing, never had a reason to pull prior to that. My brother in law has been a police officer his entire career. He is now retired. He has only had to pull his weapon, in an escalated situation once. And Yes, he ended up shooting the assailant and killing him. Some officers never have to pull theirs, ever. Some of you here have doubled that and you're just an average civilian. That I find interesting, and no I'm not condemning. Just find that to be interesting.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Oh and did anyone see the yahoo news today that japan has enacted stricter gun laws? The mayor of nagasaki was gunned down a week or two ago and there has been some gang shootings to boot.... Japan is pretty much a GUN FREE nation... so how did that happen?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
ER,

Cops are actually very poor marksmen in the grand scheme of things. And i don't know the circumstances behind what happend.

But there was a story about a year ago in the time hailing this off-duty cop as a hero because he shot dead an armed robber in some corner store. at first glance this is a good thing, until you find out that the officer discharged his firearm 16 times hitting said armed robber 3 times..... my question is where did the other 13 bullets go and who are they IN?

And before everyone jumps me.... i grew up in a house full of cops and firemen, love them to death but for the most part they can't shoot.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
"I wonder what the rest of the details are........ What would have happened if they didn't have guns?"

You didn't tell us how it could have turned out any worse for the officers. They're dead and still they had guns.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Curley " Victim of circumstance" But not knowing exactly what happened and where he more than likely had the upper hand and ambushed these officers. We shall see.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Two armed New York troopers were shot today pusuing an armed criminal. I wonder why the fact that they had guns didn't allow things to turn out better for them?

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 401   End
TOPIC: Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone