Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone
TOPIC: Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone
Created by: 38specials The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 401   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Looking back I think I should have went to law school. I have a real passion for the constitution. (not a ton money there either lol)"

Tell that to my divorce attorney. :-b

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Debjack.

"Seems I stepped on Atowns toes." Maybe a little, looks like it is both ways though. Anyway; What's your point? There will never be a total ban on guns, yes they will continue to make stricter laws on how to obtain them. Never a ban. And yes, I agree that the laws we have now are obviously not working. So why don't YOU do something to change it? I'm a registered Republican, though I don't believe in everything they do. Do you honestly think Lynn Swann would have made a better govenor? I don't, the man could play football, but what experience does he really have in politics? He made it because of his name. I don't care if you post long posts, that is your choice. I don't see why you feel the need to belittle or call people names because they don't agree with you. Do you have a Napolean complex? Do you still carry your guns with you everywhere you go? What's been taken away? Just because it says a "Gun Free Zone", does that really stop you? And exactly what free speech has been taken away from you? You can still protest, you still come here and make your comments and anywhere else for that matter. Wasn't it you that was talking about the piss christ? Did you not say how you felt? Did you not say what you would do to him if you ever came face to face? You have your political ideas, doesn't make them 100% right.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
dejack,

That whole 72 virgins was mistranslated. It really says "72 virginians to beat the holy crap out of them"

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
atown,

I understand how you feel I really do. I still deal with emotional issues from things that have happened. The only reason law abiding people can sleep at night in this country is because there are big burly men in uniform willing to do violence on our behalf.

Oh and i did apply for the PA state police myself when i got out of the service, was rejected to. I prefer my comfy office now.

Sorry that you're going through the stuff you are. I hope you can work through it.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
dejback

You may have seen me post something about "having my own glock" referring to the gun the kid used.

When i was in the military I qualifed on all the standard small arms M-9 to mp-5. I never saw a glock until i bought one about 10 years ago.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Curious,

Think about this, there are about 11 million illegal aliens in this country the govt can't round up and ship out. How do you think they'll round up 200,000,000 firearms?

Another thing... that was a gun free zone.... the only person that didn't obey the law was the criminal. I'll keep my guns thanks

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
was interested in that i just read in the democratic debate tonight when asked, 5 of 8 candidates states that they have had a handgun in their home. did not see which 5 it was...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Perfect--That is why I respect you, you stick to your convictions. Though I don't agree with everything you said there, I respect it. I just don't respect your methods at times of sticking to your convictions and how you present things at times. But you are right, you are who you are.

As for knowing my limitations, I guess I do. The incident turned my life upside down because I let it. If I could do it over I would and change a lot that happened that night, month, year. I applied with the Pa State Police after I graduated from college and during the final stage of the interview process was told I would never be hired. I guess my psychological interview held more than I thought. It was not my fate to do that job and I have come to accept that.

When it comes to my family, there is nothing I won't do for them. Can I honestly say that I would definitly risk my life for another stranger? Don't know! Doing that am I protecting my family, will I be around to protect them? Who knows, I guess I would know if I ever face that situation. Though not something I hope for, plan for or ever want to have to decide.

Since you feel so strongly about this, why didn't you follow a different carreer path? Since you seem to have this inate feeling of helping others. How come you never took a path to be a law enforcement officer? Not being sarcastic either, I'm truly curious.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
The problem is the mad man. The mad man would have found other ways to kill not as many perhaps but the man with the sword is king with no guns around. Think about that . Anyone on the front row of the first class room that kid entered would have not had much chance. But If i had had a few seconds then yes i could have done something. College and high schools are not the same. No I don't think that high school students should have guns should the teachers be allowed to carry yes. College is much different because they are adults. Should 18 yo freshman be allowed to carry no. Should 23 yo be allowed yes. Colleges are so open and you can't have a guard at every door. This shooting was over in 9 mins. And all the cops were able to do was make him shoot him self. Which was his plan. I think if anyone had shot back he would have done the same thing then. Crazy people are the problem they will kill with poison or swords or explosives or even cars or planes. Do not take away the right to defend us from those people. Guns are tools not good or bad just a tool. People are good and bad. Crime is down overall we are going in the right direction. Sure events like that monday will always be with us but those are the days we need to be able to defend ourselves for those 9 mins the most. Think about how long 9 mins really is and what you could do with it. I could run a mile ride ride 4 on my bike. it is 3 average pop songs. It is a long time and that is the best the police can do. I think the police did well with what they had to work with at tech. We have first aid classes to keep us alive til help can arrive. A gun might have done the same. I can draw and fire twice at 7 yards center mass in about 1.7 sec with shots coming ever .2 sec after that. With practice most people can do that. I have seen people do a lot better than that. Sure that is on the range and you know you are gonna shoot. but even it it is 5 sec that is faster than 9 mins. patrick

Highland Springs VA
Username hidden
(141 posts)
Curious, Guns are illegal in Britain, but they still had over 40 deaths due to guns last year. Getting rid of guns will only hurt legal gun owners. Criminals would love for guns to be outlawed. It gives them better odds. Criminals don't buy guns legally. They get them off of the streets. We cannot go to to a place where guns were never invented. We cannot destroy all guns. Guns are here and they are here to stay. Criminals should face harder time and expensive fines for having stolen, non registered or otherwise illegal guns. Make things safer for the law abiding gun owners. Do what Nevada, Missouri and other states are doing, broaden the Castle Doctrine. Make it where criminals and their families cannot profit from being shot by the victim, expand your personal area from just your home and make it include your car and the immediate area around your person and your family. These laws are being passed in states like Missouri, Nevada, Tennessee, Oregon and Arizona. Thank our Representatives for observing our rights and making sure that we are a little safer, but able to protect ourselves without having a lawsuit hanging over our heads.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 401   End
TOPIC: Virginia Tech - How can 21 Kids be dead in a Gun Free Zone