Vet charged in sniper killing : Swingers Discussion 2164671081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsVet charged in sniper killing
TOPIC: Vet charged in sniper killing
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   81 to 90 of 97   End
User Details are only visible to members.
As a gun toting "liberal," this story further strengthens my opinion that there should be some sort of mental health screening for people wanting to possess guns. Or if you're already a (registered) gun owner and you develop mental health issues, your guns are taken away.

In no way do I want guns banned, but I do want too see a little tweaking when it comes to purchasing/possession requirements. Gun ownership is our right, but I think there's also certain limitations on who can/should be able to legally purchase/possess them and that list extends beyond convicts.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
Nk

I actually employ a vet. He has ptsd and it manifests as anger. I lost him last season because of personal issues but he's told me he's 'straightened out' now and I'll be hiring him back first thing in the spring.

He called today to see if there was work and wound up telling me that he respects me more than he did many of his CO's. I expect it's the reason he works so hard. He's also never ever displayed any anger towards me. I consider him one of my best and brightest employees.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Yeah, just what we need, more GOOD GUYS with guns.... Priceless.

Sed, us 'turds' keep posting these things in the hopeless expectation that repetition will actually teach you neo-clowns something useful. After a while it's just fun mocking you.

Haven't you figured that out yet?

:)

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
The weekend homicides of ex-Navy SEAL and “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle and a friend in Texas have stoked fresh concerns among mental-health experts and veteran advocates that the crime’s PTSD theme will further stigmatize and dampen an already-soggy job market for men and women home from war.

“What worries me about this story is it will frighten potential employers away from hiring veterans who have been in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said Dr. Harry Croft, a San Antonio-based psychiatrist who has talked with more than 7,000 veterans diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

“The myth is all of them have PTSD — not true, only 20 percent. Another myth is that all of them who have a severe case of it — not true; it goes from very mild to severe. The third myth is that everybody with PTSD is aggressive, unreliable, or trouble in the workplace, and none of that is (true) either. It scares me,” Croft said.

The unemployment rate for post-9/11 veterans was 11.7 percent in January compared to 9.1 percent in January 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Younger female veterans grappled with a 17.1 percent unemployment rate last month — virtually unchanged from one year ago — while the unemployment rate for younger male veterans was 10.5 percent in January, which marked an increase from 7.7 percent during the same month in 2012.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
""How come he was allowed on a gun range in the first place with his mental health history?"

I guess nobody noticed the scarlet 'M' on his forehead.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17380 posts)
Aw Fj, don't get all rezzy on me...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
"I don't go to gun ranges."

"That's where all the crazies hang out."

Well you don't, so not all of them hangout there.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19545 posts)
I don't go to gun ranges.

That's where all the crazies hang out.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
"How come he was allowed on a gun range in the first place with his mental health history?"

Are you banned from gun ranges?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19545 posts)
Sounds to me like the man was distraught from Obama's policy of killing innocent people. Clearly we should ban libtard politicians.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19545 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   81 to 90 of 97   End
TOPIC: Vet charged in sniper killing