Vermont wants out of the USA : Swingers Discussion 803871051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsVermont wants out of the USA
TOPIC: Vermont wants out of the USA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 61   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Actually CA is one of the largest SUBSTIDIZED economies in the world. If CA broke off from the United States (or for that matter any other state) it would lose a large part of it's working economy i.e., tech industries that receive grants or subsidies from the U.S. government for research and development or future commodities. You also must factor in the military bases, seaports, defense contracts and federal civilian positions that provide jobs and maintain it's harbors and airfields. The National Guard, currently funded by federal laws and monies would need to be disbanded or become another debt the state.

California has the richest, yet most subsidized farmers in the United States. Those subsidies would be gone and California farmers would be exposed for the slave laborers they are. Almost anything grown in California can be grown or produced in other parts of the United States. These losses are only an example of the damage any state would suffer if it separated.

It is not the United States that needs any one state but each state that brings something to the table and each state that needs the other 49. Succession is nothing more then the individuals believing the universe revolves, or should revolve around their point of view of world. What the United States represents is an ideal, and that ideal still remains strong today regardless of any fringe or small group of far right nut cases, or the far left sky is falling theorist.

In the movie Field of Dreams, James Earl Jones makes a speech using Baseball as an analogy that sums up the greatness of America. "The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come."

In my opinion the comment was not about baseball but a metaphor about America itself. “America, this country, it is a part of our past, our heritage. America, with all it's flaws and faults, reminds us of all of men’s untapped potential, diversity as well as it's goodness, past, present and future....and it will be good again. People will come to America, Angel, e_and_r and other detractors....oh yes, people will most definitely come.”

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I said and i quote... I used pittsburgh as a reference point. Elk county is 110 miles north of pittsburgh. SR 219 is the major north/south corridor through it. LOOK IT UP. Secondly I live in cranberry township which is in butler county before i moved to florida. I worked at gateway center accross the street from PNC park. 4 gateway center, flood 17 to be exact. You said in another posted you qualifed on the m15 when you were on submarines in the navy. You're a poser you can't keep your bullshit striaght.

Angle I have not desire to fight anyone, it's bad for business... however you insist on coming to florida to have some sort of fist fight enjoy yourself. the beachs here are ok but if you fuck with the wrong person here you'll just end up with a bullet in you.

You need some serious help man, you think you're some kind of internet tough guy. what's sad is some of your posts are logical, those must be when the lithium kicks in or the crack wear off... seek some help.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I used pittsburgh as a reference point. I was raised in elk county. I was hunting deer when i was 12, small game when i was 8 and shooting since i was 4.

I fail to see how i've been anything but polite you're the one insistant on some sort of duel. You're one tough guy angle i'm scared out of my armani LOL. the ones that talk to most and brag about their prowess are the ones that fall the fastest. Just like you qualified on an m-15 in the navy right duche bag poser.

The economy of htis country is far greater than CA go ahead take vermont with you you won't be missed and in a year with no federal funding, no trading agreements you'll be begging to come back. but again the issue of sucession was settled in the civil war.

And the ENTIRE reason for the start of the civil war was SC wanted to sell cotton to england, the central govt said "no you're not allowed to do that you have to sell it to us for a cheaper price". and that's how the civil war started.

By the way the south was right, but they should've considered having a cannon factory before they started a war.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
three reasons to leave pay.

1. corner office on the intercoastal water way, complete with window and leather chair.

2. 150,000 dollar pay raise.

3. not having to live in snow and double my income... PRICELESS.

I love PA, am considering moving back next year.... more money.

Getting me to defend florida contributions to the United states isn't going to happen, i don't like this state all that much. I'm a PA boy, more notably Pittsburgh until the day i die.

It isn't one state you'd have to deal with it's the other 49 unless you count out alaska and hawaii.

But whatever you say angle you know everything, just ask you.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
agnle,

I lived in PA most of my life, just moved to florida 2 years ago, People there just want to go to work, pay their taxes and mind their business... you'd never get pennsylvanians to united with california. Dont have much in common. And if your commies did sucede from the usa we'd take back the military hardware, it's property of the united states.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
angle,

1. as of right now CA is the 7th largest economy in the world.

2. You'd have to trade with the United States if you left, so we could tax "exports" and you could tax imports and we wouldn't have to provide all those welfare scum benefits anymore, and don't forget we could stop sending social security and federal funds.

3. I'm pretty sure the civil war settled the sucession issue. The civil war was NOT fought over slavery it was over commerce. Lincoln didn't emancipate the slaves until half way threw the war.

4. If california "left" the republic we might have to have another war but i doubt it refere to #2. If vermont leaves i think ti would be a big yawn, crickets anyone.

Either way who cares no one is actually going to do it.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I don't think Cali would ever do that, nor do I really think Vermont would either. Most people, and by most I mean the Majority of Americans, are proud to be Americans. Most Americans understand that being an American means being one when times are bad as well as when they are good. So the entire movement is silly and is something that's probably run by a hand full of college professors with too much time on their hands. Gotta love "Higher Education". At the end of the Day that dirty evil ole American Flag will still fly high in Vermont.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Ca. however also knows what feeds them. 5th in the world for a reason. Hollywood and nothing much else. First 8.4 earthquake will sort them out.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Ceya Bye now Go already. Pedophiles are already moving there by the droves they can have it. Oh and Ca. yeah well that is a "hole" other story.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
well... if vermont wants out that's the business of vermonters. I couldn't care less. Take new hampshire and Mass with them and throw in Conn. It would be no great economic loss.... for the rest of us.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 61   End
TOPIC: Vermont wants out of the USA