Vermont wants out of the USA : Swingers Discussion 80387101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsVermont wants out of the USA
TOPIC: Vermont wants out of the USA
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
That's right, Vermont has a succession movement and according to a "poll" about 13% of residents agree with the movement's position. When I first heard about this story I thought, "This is fantastic! finally we have found a home for people like Rosie, E_R, Danny Glover, and the rest of the Anti-American "Americans". Hey this may not be a bad idea. Let's let the political LEFT have their own country, kind of like draining the the puss from a sore. Let them do it their way, and let's see how long they can sustain themselves. I tell ya it would be funny as hell, the day they come back begging to be let back in after their economy goes bust. To quote Don King "Only In America", but maybe not for much longer.............

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 61   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LOL good old vermont Funny 3 to 2 vote and temporary 30 days. BRATTLEBORO, Vermont (Reuters) - A Vermont town that is gaining national attention for brash displays of nudity -- from teens in the buff to naked elderly people -- awoke on Wednesday to an emergency ban on nakedness in most public places.

ADVERTISEMENT Officials in Brattleboro voted 3 to 2 on Tuesday night for a temporary 30-day ordinance prohibiting people from going about in the nude.

Public nudity made headlines last summer when the weather grew hot and a couple of dozen teens took to holding hula hoop contests, riding bikes and parading past stores wearing only their birthday suits. The disrobing has resumed this summer.

But many locals say it has gone too far. Some cite a case in which a senior citizen from Arizona strolled through the center of town wearing only a waist pack and sandals.

"We've received quite a number of complaints on this," Assistant Town Manager Barbara Sondag said. "This was brought up last summer ... and kind of died down. Then a couple of incidents again this summer have got the issue to resurface."

Vermont has a live-and-let-live tradition, allowing skinny-dipping and nude sunbathing. Brattleboro, the first permanent English settlement in the state in 1724, is home to a community of writers, artists and musicians as well as transplanted entrepreneurs from Boston and New York.

Although skinny-dipping and nude sunbathing will stay legal in the state, doing the "full monty" in the middle of this town has now become taboo. A violation can cost $100.

The topic is hotly debated at Harold & Son's Barbershop, where Heather Birmingham, 30, cuts and colors hair.

"(Nudity) does rub some people the wrong way," she said.

"Some people say 'to each his own'. But some of the older people say 'be respectful'."

She disagrees with the ban. "This whole town is about peace and about being your own person. So if it is, then why isn't nudity accepted?"

Caleb Morris, 15, said he wasn't surprised by the town's tough response because outsiders could find the nudity offensive, but he added that Vermont has always been unique.

"It's a lot more free-spirited than some other states. We don't have a lot of laws banning things here."

The ban covers nudity in the main part of town and near schools and churches and is part of a broader anti-nudity proposal that is likely to be decided next month. Breast feeding in public will still be allowed.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Ok... How many of you have actually been to VT and met the "Trustifundians"? (Rich kids, mostly White, who wear dreads and smoke waaaaay to much pot, and love to speak on "the struggle".)

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
Angel,

I could not agree with you more about stats. You are correct that depending on which study, web site, budget report etc, you look at the dollar amount return to each state government and each states private business sector is different.

As Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) responded when asked about different degrees of lies: "There are lies, worse lies and then statistics."

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
i am right with you on that Sen. i love how it is reported that the "new poll" says X or Y with "authority" and then you see that it was 1000 people were polled. they never mention the number of people polled with as much vigor as the results of the poll!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
My understanding is the current population in Vermont is approximately 609,000 people. 13 percent of that is approximately 79,000 people. 79,000 is not a big number and I question how that 13 percent was decided on. When polls are conducted sampling seems to range around 200 to 600 people. Polls are not as "scientific" as pollsters claim.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Wow angle,

I hate to agree with you BUT.... When states really lost their rights was after the south lost the civil war (NEXT TIME BUILD A FUCKING CANNON FACTORY BEFORE YOU START A WAR). Constitutionally speaking the only rolls the federal govt is obligated to undertake is 1. defending our shores and borders (here that idiot politicos BORDERS) 2. maintain a common currency 3. regulate interstate commerece. That's it. Anything else is extra-constitutional and arguably illegal.

Angle and we weren't the United states until after 7-4-1776. Any presidents before that were NOT presidents.... they were subordinates to the english crown.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
P,

it's belarus (white russia)

:-P

vermont has the best skiing on the east coast, i will keep it!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Damn guys, be nice! My wife is Canadian - lol!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
well having great syrup was not good enough for them we let'em have ben and jerry's...damned nazi canadians anyways...let'em go i say no good beachfront property anyway

Port Orchard WA
Username hidden
(89 posts)
so how was your shift at mcdonalds... sell lots of combo meals and upgrades today?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 61   End
TOPIC: Vermont wants out of the USA