Unemployment 7 point 8 percent - And Other Metrics : Swingers Discussion 2098091051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsUnemployment 7 point 8 percent - And Other Metrics
TOPIC: Unemployment 7 point 8 percent - And Other Metrics
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 76   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"The rich lost more money during the recession than anyone. The average income of the top 1% dropped 37% during the recession. The Forbes 400 alone lost $200 billion from 2008 to 2010."

And the market has recovered that and then some. Who are you kidding? My investments are doing great (well, most of them), my portfolio is in the black and has been for some time.

Pretty DAMN impressive recovery if you ask me. If YOU didn't recover, I would suggest you review your investment strategy....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3584 posts)
Unemployment Rate Goes Down In Seven Swing States

USA Today notes that the jobless rate also declined in Ohio in September, another key swing state for the presidential election. The jobless rate declined to 7 percent from 7.2 percent.

Labor market developments, such as jobless rates, are expected to impact the pool of undecided voters in these states as they decide whether they will vote to re-elect President Obama, or if they will vote for Republican challenger Mitt Romney. Stephen Hess, a presidential historian at the Washington-based Brookings Institution, stated:

“The economy is the most important thing in the election and the most important thing that voters care about.” {poster's note: at least it WAS until Obama beat Romney over his head with the bloody stump of THAT plan last week}

Hess, who served in the administrations of Dwight Eisenhower and Richard Nixon, stated that Romney’s campaign staff “are probably hoping against hope there won’t be any more good news.”

{Indeed....}

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3584 posts)
"How ignorant can someone get? "

As ignorant as you want to be, if you don't register the reality of 4 years of Republican insistence on prolonging the misery for most Americans.

They weren't very subtle about it: Make Obama Fail is Job #1 !

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Don't forget the members of Congress who are of the "party of the poor" have grown very rich the last four years. Faster and higher than any segment of the population. And DC is now the hub of America's fastest growing new millionaires cities.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
"How ignorant can someone get? "

I don't know. You surprise me every day...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
How ignorant can someone get? ------------------------------------------

See chimera66.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
How ignorant can someone get?

The rich lost more money during the recession than anyone. The average income of the top 1% dropped 37% during the recession. The Forbes 400 alone lost $200 billion from 2008 to 2010.

The lowest 20% dropped 1.6%.

Yes, they're still rich (well, a lot of them). If you think the Forbes 400 is interested in losing an average of FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS EACH just to "put you in your place", then I cannot help you.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19465 posts)
"Republicans DO NOT LIKE, etc..."

Of course. The captains of industry and the moneyed interests discovered a long time ago that nothing keeps labor in line like a good recession now and then. Those with wealth can ride it out, but they know that those less fortunate can not.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(564 posts)
Funny little man.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
Those damn non-patriotic pin heads!

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(2104 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 76   End
TOPIC: Unemployment 7 point 8 percent - And Other Metrics