Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Ukraine
TOPIC: Ukraine
« Prev  1 ...  19  20  21  22  23  24 
231 to 233 of 233
User Details are only visible to members.
NATO is not the UN, Ukraine is not a member of NATO. Any one of the 5 permanent members of the UN Security council can veto any action voted on by the council. Russia is one of the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council.

An attack against any NATO nation is considered an attack against all NATO members. Since Ukraine is not a NATO member, military action by NATO is, for the moment, out.

Economic sanctions against Russia have been discussed. The issue is: does Russia need cash from the sale of their gas and oil to Europe worse than Europe needs their gas and oil?

Putin called the 1991 breakup of the Soviet Union "the geopolitical catastrophe of the 20th century." Perhaps Putin is composing the 21st Century version of "Back in the USSR".

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
If NATO is to the UN, then the response will be the same. Call the Americans, they like war.

I say, turn to the Germans, they on e liked war too, and almost conquered Europe.

There is too much in the way of bad blood between the US and Russia, (nuclear armed nations) for our nations to battle it out, much less the only outcome would be a US defeat. Why? Because the Russians are in their back yard and we are globe hopping to pick a fight in a nation that we didn't give two fucks about last month.

Let the Russians remove the mask that we have seen for the last 20 years. It's back and we cannot win the next Cold War. They have resources we do not. They do not mind drinking polluted water, they always have... We won't stand for our life expectancy to drop to 70 years of age... Just to dick measure with a bully.

It isn't our back yard, the other NATO nations won't match us solider for soldier and the people of Ukraine aren't willing to trade their lives and that of their children for independence. Stay the fuck out.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
OK look what happens when I'm gone for a week. I have a lot of catching up to do on news, so forgive (and feel free to correct) me if I've got something wrong here.

Since the government of Ukraine turfed the President and replaced him with a new one, Russia has invaded the Crimean peninsula under the guise of protecting Russian interests contained therein. Putin sought and received approval from the Russian Federal Council (akin to the 'Senate') to do pretty much whatever he wants in Ukraine, including an all-out invasion.

Ukraine has no chance of successfully defending itself from Russia and has appealed to NATO for help. How does NATO answer this call?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28793 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  19  20  21  22  23  24 
231 to 233 of 233
TOPIC: Ukraine
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.