US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia : Swingers Discussion 228137
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsUS gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia
TOPIC: US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
MELBOURNE, Australia -- Furious at the killing of an Australian college baseball player in Oklahoma, a senior figure in the victim's home country blamed the “gun culture” of United States for the death, saying it was “corrupting the world."

“The U.S. has chosen the pathway of illogical policy with regard to guns," Australia’s former deputy prime minister Tim Fischer said Friday. "They cannot expect not to have any criticism of it worldwide.”

“I am angry because it is corrupting the world, this gun culture of the United States.”

His remarks came as the family of slain catcher Christopher Lane struggled to understand why three teens killed him, apparently telling cops they were bored.

Fischer said the lack of gun control in the U.S. had led to a massacre “each and every year since 1996” - in contrast to Australia, which has restrictions on firearms ownership.

He said the majority of illegally obtained guns used in crimes in Australia and Mexico had come from the U.S.

He added that he was not against guns, and kept weapons at his rural home, but added: "I am in favor of firearms sensible regulations to have the best of both worlds.

He also said Australians should “think twice” before visiting the U.S.

"I’m not using the word boycott but I do say Australians should think twice and take into acct the risk of going to the USA in the circumstances that unfold there," saying visitors would be "15 times more likely to be shot dead than if they stayed in Australia, per capita."

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 201   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Guess who tells democrats to stop messing with guns? Oh, that is right, I do. Guns are to democrats; what anti-abortion and contraception is to republicans.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Hollow points are designed not to make it througha human target , but guess who wants to ban those !!!

Danbury CT
Username hidden
(67 posts)
Ok, then a pistol, with short rounds. I still favor the knife idea, hid behind a blind spot, lights out and then strike. Granted no matter what form of deadly force you use, if you kill one of the homes occupants, your fucked.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
<strong>you are right about that god, That is more deadly than a bullet.</strong>

<strong>Mickey.</strong>

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5003 posts)
I can assure you that a 12 gauge slug will go right through a person. It can also go completely through a wall behind that person after going right through the person.

Buckshot will too.

Not to get too technical or anything...

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Fun:

No problem, although I do agree with Reagan on the poor choice of using a AK47/other machine gun for home defense... I would not take the option from a person, only demand that they be accountable for all shots fired.

Miss the intended target and hit a noncombatant or bystander, go to prison. Miss the intended target and hit property, pay heavy fines and become subject to law suits.

This is why choosing your weapons is important. Buck shot, with a wide spread is better for home defense... A single slug is best for limiting the damage to the intended target. Know what and who you are shooting at, with the sensable home defense weapon,before youshoot and you will not have to fear.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Robert, I had almost forgotten about that Reagan quote. Thanks for reminding us of it.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
<strong>well said perf and i 100% agree, Thats what we do but just very few times a year, and believe me we were raised to neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr try to handle any kind of gun including an air gun while buzzing on alcohol, and that is something we instill in our kids. But we do enjoy it when we do have a get together and all have a cpl beers, Does not hurt anything. Our duck season was slow first split, but in the last 2 weeks we bagged over 200 birds, now getting ready to make a few rag hunts for geese.</strong>

<strong>Mickey.</strong>

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5003 posts)
You'll need to *refresh my mout...I mean memory*

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
YOu made it go BANG! too. ;-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17149 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 201   End
TOPIC: US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia