UNITY - '08 : Swingers Discussion 79313
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsUNITY - '08
TOPIC: UNITY - '08
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
The Unity '08 effort, led by a group of veteran political strategists from both parties, was inspired by the idea that both parties are dominated by their most extreme elements and a majority of Americans are looking for a centrist approach.

"The political system is at a point where the train has left the track," said Doug Bailey, a consultant on President Gerald Ford 's 1976 campaign and founder of the Hotline political newsletter.

"There is no common ground and there is no capacity to seek common ground," said Bailey, a co-founder of the group along with Hamilton Jordan and Gerald Rafshoon, advisers to former President Jimmy Carter .

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
the only elected office worse than dog catcher is "presdeint of the homeowners association" which is an election I "won" just last week. Honest to god I would've rather had a root canal. Who said the draft is dead.

I should've done an LBJ. "i will not seek and i will not accept your nomination for president of the pineapple village homeowners association".

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Ya know after reading the title of this thread, I'm reminded of that Rick James Skit on the Chapelle show. The part where Rick James punches Charlee Murphy on his forehead and leaves an imprint of his ring. The ring said "UNITY". I hope this political experiment doesn't follow the same track..........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
People really elect "Dog Catchers"? Boy I wonder what those campaigns are like? Must be the only campaign where the "WINNER" breaks down and cries, not out of job but rather bitter regret............

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Scotty, your chances are better ;-)

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
I'd go for a third party that had a chance. I'm more of a libertarian than a republican. But the libertairians have as much chance of fielding viable candidates and I do of getting elected to dog catcher.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
yes, very sad but true. it has almost gotten to the point where i don't even enjoy the politics anymore because it really isn't politics anymore, it is smoke and mirrors, then spin, then a new news cycle. maybe it was always this way but for the lack of the 24/7 coverage we just didn't know it.

i have lost my stomach for it quite frankly which is sad because i wonder if it won't be true that the moderate independent thinkers will tune out to the leave the extremes of both parties yelling at each other.

we shall see.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy at this point I am afraid there is no compromise. Both sides are guilty of political suicide. But there is no real party to replace them with vigor. The Bull Moose party Would be the only thing that could even mount an attack. I am in agreement with the idea of multible parties. We have them but none of them even put up a fight. With the repubs going in to a flat tax mode which I believe was taken from the Libertarian party there is no change from the status quo. A change is not in the cards for 08, 12, or even 16. They are following the money. Power has a habit of doing it we are a greedy species. Secular progressives and far right are at war at this point and I am hoping it will not spill into the streets. With Teachers teaching children to have sex and use drugs freely and intolerance towards God we are morally moving down a dangerous path. And the far right preaching hatred toward race and any other religion we have an absolute war of morality and this will divide this country farther and farther down that path. You are correct we need to unite and fight together. Our state motto is "United we stand Divided we fall" I am afraid we are divided.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
It seems that the group has considered over 40 candidates which may have included a bloomberg/hagel "ticket"

certainly bloomberg has the money to finance a start up campaign this late in the game.

would make it one of the most interesting elections in a long long time

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
The Unity '08 effort, led by a group of veteran political strategists from both parties, was inspired by the idea that both parties are dominated by their most extreme elements and a majority of Americans are looking for a centrist approach.

"The political system is at a point where the train has left the track," said Doug Bailey, a consultant on President Gerald Ford 's 1976 campaign and founder of the Hotline political newsletter.

"There is no common ground and there is no capacity to seek common ground," said Bailey, a co-founder of the group along with Hamilton Jordan and Gerald Rafshoon, advisers to former President Jimmy Carter .

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: UNITY - '08