Trolls : Swingers Discussion 219573
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTrolls
TOPIC: Trolls
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
It seems to me that about 80% of them over the years have had a definate left bias.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 234   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Wall Street Journal, with a total average circulation of 2.1 million over six months ending in March, retains its spot as the country’s most widely circulated weekday newspaper, followed by USA Today at 1.8 million and The New York Times at 916,911.

According to Ad Age, the 10th-largest weekday paper in the report - the Chicago Sun-Times – with a 419,407 average Mon. - Fri. circulation includes 168,299 copies attributed to branded editions. In the report a year ago, the Chicago Sun-Times ranked 17th with average weekday circulation of 268,803.

In Georgia, according to new audit figures, The Savannah Morning News is reporting Mon.-Fri. circulation at 41,713 for the period ending March 31, 2011, compared to 41,649 in March 2010.

But mostly numbers are lower across the board. In Georgia, the AJC reports total average circulation for Mon.-Fri. at 183,415 for the period ending March 31, 2011, compared to average circulation of 196,201 for March 31, 2010.

The Augusta Chronicle reports Mon.-Fri. circulation at 59,144, compared to 61,784 last year. The Marietta Daily Journal reports a Mon.-Fri. circulation of 16,139 compared to 16,166 last year. Weekday circulation at the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer is 34,147, compared to 35,670 in March 2010.

Nationally, the Washington Post reports Mon.-Fri. circulation at 550,821, compared to 578,482 in March 2010. Weekday circulation at the New York Times dipped from 951,063 to 916,911.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
To answer your questions without belaboring them, yes, I understand how AP works, and no, I don't care to retract what I said about AJC.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I'm actually shocked that you didn't say it depends on what the definition of 'is' is.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
"I'm pretty much done on this topic; will move on to another when I get some time. "

That's sounds familiar, and we all know what that means.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
Does this mean you're retracting your statement that AJC has a national circulation???

LMAO!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
"Also, it's not as if the Atlanta Journal is only some local newspaper. Its reporting goes out to all the outlets of its parent Cox Media network, one of the largest media distribution channels in the country. Pretty damn mainstream. "

And it goes out on the AP wire...........like 1000s of other stories every day, most of which are also not picked up by the MSM.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
"A couple of other quick points: the story was in fact picked up by AP, a national outlet, and by MSNBC on its website, a link to which i provided earlier. Maybe others."

Again........Do you know how the AP works?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
Get your head out of your ass. Guns were THE issue of the week. Every network carried SOMETHING about shooting on their evening news every night.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
"The problem is how you define MSM"

To do that you have to define the relevant media market. For someone running for city council the mainstream media is very different than for someone running for the US Senate or President. 

Without commercials, a half hour of major-network national news actually boils down to something like 23 minutes. It's just laughable to say that Brian Williams shows "bias" merely because he might not allocate precious airtime to tell the entire nation that a housewife in rural Georgia shot an intruder. How dare those biased MSM networks ignore this critical story in order to cover such fluff items that day as the jobs report, Iran agreeing to nuclear talks, Congress' passage of Sandy relief, and the Justice Department reaching a billion dollar settlement on the Deepwater Horizon spill. (Insert Perf's righteously indignant hurrumphs here; the guffaws you hear are mine). 

A couple of other quick points: the story was in fact picked up by AP, a national outlet, and by MSNBC on its website, a link to which i provided earlier. Maybe others.

Also, it's not as if the Atlanta Journal is only some local newspaper. Its reporting goes out to all the outlets of its parent Cox Media network, one of the largest media distribution channels in the country. Pretty damn mainstream. 

That's about it. I continue to find it funny that someone with such an obvious bias would allege bias against the media in this way. But it's an irony invisible to the eyes of a biased beholder and YMMV.

I'm pretty much done on this topic; will move on to another when I get some time. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"If your thread had asked "Should this be a national story?" it would have been different. "

In YOUR mind. To me, and according to most definitions I've seen the MSM is a National distribution

"The story clearly was covered by the MSM in the local and state media market."

Again, I don't think local media markets constitute the MSM.

" The AJC also has national circulation,"

Really???????????? "MSM are those media disseminated via the largest distribution channels, which therefore represent what the majority..."

"and AP"

Do you know how the AP works? It doesn't seem that you do.

"and MSNBC both are national and picked it up. "

Where did MSNBC pick it up? I can't remember. I think it was on their website or blog.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 234   End
TOPIC: Trolls