Top Va Republican urges court to keep anti-sodomy laws on books : Swingers Discussion 219838
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTop Va Republican urges court to keep anti-sodomy laws on books
TOPIC: Top Va Republican urges court to keep anti-sodomy laws on books
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Outdoors...I don't, just explaining to him that if he chose to in the great FREE State of VA, we the locals claim to believe GUB MENT should stay out of people's personal lives, up until 3 weeks ago, he could have been prosecuted for it

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
sodomy includes oral .

Dyer IN

Username hidden
(450 posts)
PP: How do you know VB has had his wife anally?

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I thought right wingers wanted small government? Yet another example of why it's absolutely asinine for a swinger to support conservative pols.

Dyer IN

Username hidden
(450 posts)
Vabeach,,,and you really should stop lying and or or become better informed... because this issue DOES apply to adults,,,,as I have explained to you on multiple occasions...no law is in practice VOIDED by a court decision, unless and until; 1. A state proactively removes it from the books in compliance (VA never did in this case or 2. It is tested by litigation within the State, and the law is overturned, which is this case happened THREE WEEKS AGO. So yes, in spite of your spurious defense of a State you attempt to taut as the land of the free, you could have been prosecuted for having anal sex with your wife.....this should hopefuolly end your confusion

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
"The issue is the severity of the crime. Statutory rape is a misdemeanor. Sodomy is a felony. They want the guy to spend more time in jail than would be required by statutory rape. That being said, the Cooch (I can't spell his name, and this nickname is, well, just great) is on record as late as 2009 supporting the law because of his anti-gay views."

Fair enough. So statutory intercourse rape is a different severity than statutory anything else rape. I suppose the anti-gay angle would be that by definition ALL same-sex statutory rape would be a felony, whereas not all "straight" statutory rape is. Virginia could resolve this by setting the age of consent to 18 across the board, or removing distinctions between the different "types" of statutory rape.

I just wish the reporting on this was clear and honest and people would stop painting this as a law that pertains to adults. It's simply not true. The language of the law still applies to adults, but that part of the law was voided by Lawrence v Texas.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17613 posts)
Slightly off topic, but I'm reminded of a high profile case in Oregon (years ago) in which a woman accused her husband of raping her. The case had all the indicators of rape, but they were married.

Eventually, I believe she dropped the charges, and the case evaporated. But in the meantime, Indiana (where I lived) rushed to create a law denying a woman the right to accuse her husband of rape. Like, it can't happen, because they're married.

I'm guessing this was a Republican thing, almost universally.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Va beach,,,yes we HAVE been over this before, and you were wrong then and you are wrong now. The TEST case involved a minor, (albeit that term is ambiguous in VA, although not as ambiguous as it is in West vgirgina and oddly , New Hampture) but the STATUTE in question is not an age of consent issue, it is an issue of what consenting adults can and can not do in the privacy of their own home. Keep in mind this is also the State where a woman is forced to consent to be raped with a foreign object in order to be allowed have a legal medical procedure. Ahh yes,,, those freedom loving Republicans

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Yes indeed, this is that "free state' one frequent poster loves to taut, where you can be prosecuted for having anal sex with your spouse in the privacy of your own home. The thing about republicans is, they value "individual freedom" so much, that they support it very sparingly and very selectively. SO glad I live in one of those intrusive fascist Liberal nanny states where I can do whatever I choose in my own bedroom

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
some people fear the truth,and denie reality...............BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: Top Va Republican urges court to keep anti-sodomy laws on books