Too Young to Be a Soldier : Swingers Discussion 97540101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsToo Young to Be a Soldier
TOPIC: Too Young to Be a Soldier
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
A Canadian accused of killing a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan should not be tried as a war criminal because he was a child soldier for al Qaeda, too young to voluntarily join its forces, his military defense lawyer told a U.S. war court on Monday.

Navy Lt. William Kuebler asked a military judge to throw out the charges against Canadian defendant Omar Khadr, who was shot and captured at age 15 in a firefight at a suspected al Qaeda compound in Afghanistan in 2002.

"He is a victim of al Qaeda, not a member of al Qaeda," Kuebler said.

Khadr is the Toronto-born son of an alleged al Qaeda financier. He is accused of throwing a grenade that killed U.S. Army Sgt. 1st Class Christopher Speer in the firefight and planting roadside bombs intended to kill other U.S. or coalition soldiers in Afghanistan.

Khadr is charged in the Guantanamo war court with murder, attempted murder, conspiring with al Qaeda, providing material support for terrorism and spying by conducting surveillance of U.S. military convoys in Afghanistan. He faces life in prison if convicted.

But a U.S. Department of Justice attorney, arguing for the prosecution, said that if Congress intended to exclude juveniles from the Guantanamo war court, it would have explicitly written that, because lawmakers knew Khadr could face charges. Instead, Congress wrote the law using the term "person," which legally refers to "anyone born alive," Justice Department attorney Andy Oldham said.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
kill the punk, we had the same thing in Viet Nam and all wars, you shoot at me you die...period

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Island,

You mistake a willingness to defend ones self with hatred. I no more hate the muslim filth than i hate the drug addict that breaks into my house to rob me. I'd simply kill either one and sleep well the next night.

It's more of a personality detachment disorder than hatred. Guess that's why i was such an effective soldier. Just do what needs done and move on to the next task... that could be calling in an air strike on a tank regiment or painting the under side of rocks. Either task once assigned needed to be finished in the most expidious manner possible. I take no satisfaction in either.

If there was a position of "executionioner in chief " i would accept the job if offered I'd simply carry it out in the best way possible.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Scotty you went from executioner in chief to -- no moral problem with genocide. I just don't have that much hate in me. We're kind of laid back down here in the Keys. I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Jack,

It is well known my opinion of islam in general and islamic terrorist in particular.

IT is also well know that i have no moral or ethical problems with genocide perpatrated on muslim coutries. Either covertly introduced or through overt direct action.

A few well placed nuclear bombs would have the desired effect, that effect being;

1) If you set off a small nuke we'll set off a big one (ie you blow up 50 city blocks in NYC we'll wipe mecca off the map;

2) They would know we mean business, this (take options off the table craps pisses me off);

3) a few mushroom clouds over a few cities in the middle east would definately get their attention and let them know we mean business; and,

4) war is an ugly business but if you're going to engage in it do it to win it, win it fast and get home.

But yes Island I have no problem with the mass extermination of muslims. And before you say it... no I'm not a jew and am not an observent christian. It's simple that not all muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are muslims.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Island

When we execute a terrorist shit ball... we're going to give him a sterilzed needle full of drugs that:

1) put him to sleep; 2) imoblize him; and, 3) stop his heart from beating.

he never feels a thing other than the prick of the needle. What did nick berg feel when they cut off his head with a machete?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Scotty "You just kill alot of fanatics eventually they'll get the point."

We just disagree. Maybe its the part about "eventually". How long is that?

Did you live in Isreal? They've been killing fanatics for a long time. They also imprisoned a lot of them. I don't pretend to have all the answers but the executions you describe puts us in the same category as terrorists. I just don't agree that will have the results were all looking for.

We've killed a lot of them in Iraq - thats not worked out well.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
ISland,

I disagree. The same rationale was used for the japanese in WW2. "you can't beat fanatics"... well liberals were wrong then and they're wrong now. You just kill alot of fanatics eventually they'll get the point... hell it might take a few well aimed nuclear bombs and a borderline genocide but eventually they turn into gentle little lambs that will want to sell us cars and cd players. Island I've lived int he middle east. Have you? Not all muslims are radical, they just need to stand up. You help them stand up by killing the fuckers that cause the problems either covertly or overtly.

You end terrorism by making it exspensive. they blow up a building... we blow up a holy city. They kill 3000 americans...we kill 300k muslims. eventually i promise you they will get the point, because the majority that doesn't want to be killed for the actions of a few will kill the few

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Scotty -- We do disagree only in outcome. i don't want to see more of them.

If I thought it would work I'd take the first swing or two. It does work for that individual terrorist -- they obviously can't do harm again. But your thinking western not muslim. These folks like to die. They thinks its cool. Even facing east. There going to paradise with 40 virgins.

Afterwards they're viewed as a martyr for the "holy" cause and that helps recruit more martyrs -- more terrorists. We've had three prisoners in Guantanamo confess to being Osama Bin Laden in hopes of being executed. It might make us feel good but a good old fashion trial and a dark forgotten cell for the rest of there lives -- results in less martyr/hero/nutcases.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Island,

You want to lock them up and I want to kill them.

We simply disagree. Personally I'd like to see terrorists hung upside down in a public square and have a baseball bat next to them with a sign that says "for public use, releave your tension". To me the next best thing is execution. And I mean a real execution like General John "Black Jack" Pershing used on muslim terrorist in the PI before WW1. He rounded up 10 head terrorist slime, dipped bullets in pigs lard and shot 8 of them infront of a firing squad, then buried them upside down facing east. He let 2 go to tell all their buddies.

There wasn't another major terrorist attack in the PI until the 1990s.

Sometimes you have to do ugly things to destroy what wants to destroy you. I don't believe locking up terrorist slime is an answer... I think killing them is... if that makes me like red china... so be it... were do i sign up for the job of executioneer in chief?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
"Clinton did not do anything. That was a trend in his Presidency" Evidence?.......9-11

"What kills me about this mess is that liberal groups keep screaming that the detainees Constitutional Rights are being violated."

Continued attempt to undermine the commander in Chief, and find "anything" they can to discredit the sitting President Of The United States Of America.

Again too young to be a soldier? but old enough to be tried as a criminal? I do question this policy. The tribunals in my opinion are a compromise and an attempt to appease democrats.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: Too Young to Be a Soldier