Tolerance : Swingers Discussion 765051091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTolerance
TOPIC: Tolerance
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   91 to 100 of 115   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I just do not understand. Maybe I am just niave or even just weak. I can't see what gain we have in teaching children intolerance of others. I can't see what helps the future by teaching children hate and disrespect. Wonder if that was what Hitlers parents tought around the breakfast table? Do you think homosexuality is a contagious disease? I just totally do not see this picture being anything helpful to anyone. I also do not see teaching your child its ok to go and degrade someone because you don't agree the right way. I hope it works for you.

I would gladly meet anyone in the middle. Even a republican 8-)

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I hear you on all counts. But you are far more likely to encounter rage from others rather than the cessation of the behavior you're trying to stop, if even for a moment. Along with that, I imagine your blood pressure must be in the triple digits quite often. Envision, for a moment, you're voicing in no uncertain terms your outrage to some gay couple smooching in the seats in front of you and begin to engage in a royal broil in front of your kids. You blow a gasket and stroke out,. You die. You're kids are left fatherless (I'm assuming you're a guy *L*). What have you proven? Better to move yourself and your kids from the seats, theater, whatever, complain to management (who will ultimately shrug their shoulders and say "so what?"), then go sit with your kids and explain to them the facts of life as you see it.

Save yourself. *L*

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Happy wrote - If you choose to show your intolerance openly toward those you disapprove of because you feel it affects your children, you will be constantly battling with those you don't even know and may never see again. It will happen in check out lines, in theaters, at weddings, where ever you go. Sounds like a whole lot of energy being wasted on people who aren't apt to listen to your mumblings anyway.

**** My Reply - I don't for a second think they will change their way of thinking, but if I get them to stop what they are doing at that moment then I have accomplished what I set out to do. In all actuality I don't come accross it as often as you probably believe I do.

Happy Wrote - Just remember that no one appointed you the moral compass of others, other than your own family.

**** My Reply - That's another problem with this country, and the world - I am not in charge. LOL That's a just a joke.

Happy Wrote - As for the possibility of your own children coming home with such an announcement, I'm happy to hear that you wouldn't turn them out. I certainly would agree with you assertion to not entertain their partners along with their own visits. It's interesting that you are so self assured that it would never happen, however. Since, no matter what we do as parents, our children grow up to be their own person, regardless of what our own views might be sometimes. I would love to have your power of perception into someone elses future.

**** My Reply - What can I say, I have talents LOL

Happy Wrote - As far as the comment about moving to France...LOL...that was a paraphrase of your OWN comment in another thread in which you stated that others should "Move to France where you can complain all you want, until then shut the fuck up".

**** My Reply - Yes I know it was in Ref. the comment I made on the Sentors that are giving away our Country.

Happy Wrote - I guess it is clear, then, that you have zero tolerance for nearly anything with which you personally disagree.

**** My Reply - I have more Tolerance then you would think, but as each year passes and the Liberals keep pushing and slowly passing their agenda, my Tolerance gets less and less.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
Sen, I think there are alot of tolerant people who are intolerant of intolerant people. LMAO....or, even tolerant ones ;-)

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
If you choose to show your intolerance openly toward those you disapprove of because you feel it affects your children, you will be constantly battling with those you don't even know and may never see again. It will happen in check out lines, in theaters, at weddings, where ever you go. Sounds like a whole lot of energy being wasted on people who aren't apt to listen to your mumblings anyway.

I would think you'd be better off choosing you battles more wisely and instead teaching your children the values and morals you uphold. It's a waste of time to attempt to constantly correct those who don't agree with your views on morality. Join a lobby group, join a religious sect, join whomever can provide legislative relief to your objections and teach your kids the same. Just remember that no one appointed you the moral compass of others, other than your own family.

As for the possibility of your own children coming home with such an announcement, I'm happy to hear that you wouldn't turn them out. I certainly would agree with you assertion to not entertain their partners along with their own visits. It's interesting that you are so self assured that it would never happen, however. Since, no matter what we do as parents, our children grow up to be their own person, regardless of what our own views might be sometimes. I would love to have your power of perception into someone elses future.

As far as the comment about moving to France...LOL...that was a paraphrase of your OWN comment in another thread in which you stated that others should "Move to France where you can complain all you want, until then shut the fuck up".

I guess it is clear, then, that you have zero tolerance for nearly anything with which you personally disagree.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
My son, 26 years of age, does alot of things I find intolerant or do not condone, but I still love him, support his decisions and provided advice when he asks.

You can tell someone you love, or even friends you like, that you don't condone or tolerate certain behavior or beliefs and yet still love them, or care for them as friends. I don't see the disconnect when you do.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Happy wrote - You have the power to teach your children that it's not "normal" if you so choose. Do it. But my question would then be, what happens if and when YOUR children come home some day and announce that they are gay? Will you be tolerant of thier choice even though you ocompletely disagree? Or will you dis-own them like some do?

**** My Reply - I would still love them, but they would know how deeply they have disappointed me and that I will never accept that part of their lives. If they want to come over and visit, they would have to do it alone with out their gay lover or what ever. However, I have no fear what so ever of that ever happening with my children. So it's a moot point to make.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
I am intolerant of those who claim to be tolerant but demonstrate they are not.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Happy wrote - I'm wondering how one uses a derogatory comment towards another without offending them?

**** My Reply - I meant that I had no concern about offending them as they had none for offending me by doing what they were doing. If you noticed I said "without worrying about offending them" I am not concerned if they get offended by my comments.

Happy Wrote - Unless someone is doing something blatantly illegal, why would it be any of your business anyway?

****My Reply - Because it affects my Children and the way I'm am rasing them.

Happy wrote - Tolerance doesn't mean you have to agree with something. It doesn't mean you have to adopt it, accept it or support it. But why bother voicing YOUR opinion in disagreement and creating a scene. Sounds like a battle not worth fighting.

**** My Reply - Well, I believe it is them that have created the scene as you say, so it sounds like the perfect battle to fight.

Happy Wrote - You don't like seeing two men holding hands and kissing in public? Neither do I, but you know something? Too freakin bad. That's life, there are plenty of different notions about relationships to go around. Who said yours was the best for everyone? You don't like you kids seeing it? Get over it. It's a part of life and your kids are going to see plenty of things in glaring public view that you don't like.

**** My reply - I won't get over it, I will never teach my kids to just accept it as normal. I know I can't shelter them from all the bad in the world, but I will bring them up to have the same values as myself and if I do a good job of it, they won't just accept it as normal either.

Happy Wrote - ...Move to France or shut the fuck up.

**** My Reply - I see you noticed just what first came to mind when I read that in your next post. As for leaving this country because things are going in the wrong direction, I would rather ship all the liberals and Progressives to some Island so they can all hold hands and sing Kubi ya(Or how ever you spell that) before I even consider leaving.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
You have the power to teach your children that it's not "normal" if you so choose. Do it. But my question would then be, what happens if and when YOUR children come home some day and announce that they are gay? Will you be tolerant of thier choice even though you ocompletely disagree? Or will you dis-own them like some do?

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   91 to 100 of 115   End
TOPIC: Tolerance