Tolerance : Swingers Discussion 765051051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTolerance
TOPIC: Tolerance
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   51 to 60 of 115   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"But isn't that what the Liberals and Queers have been doing for decades now?? Shoving it down our throats that they are normal and should be accepted as such?????????? "

I haven't seen that. The only time I ever hear that is when idiots like you complain about it.

Rochester NY

Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Hppy Wrote - you voice your opinion but stop short of shoving it down someone else's throat because your values are YOURS and they work for you. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ But isn't that what the Liberals and Queers have been doing for decades now?? Shoving it down our throats that they are normal and should be accepted as such??????????

Yankton SD

Username hidden
(168 posts)
sheessss...that's what I've been saying all along. Tolerance is NOT acceptance. And there is a difference between tolerating something in public (choosing your battles wisely) and NOT tolerating certain behaviors in the home. I do not "tolerate" anything in my home. My house, my rules, take a hike if you don't like. Someone else's home, environment, or public? I give wide berth within the law, as I expect also.

As far as children, you teach them and guide them the best you can, and you can only do that if you arm yourself with correct information and solid values, then you pray. Even under what we, as parents, perceive as the best possible circumstances, those children are going to grow into adults with their OWN set of values and mores. You may even find that what you thought were your best efforts, talents and ethics, are totally tossed to the four winds as your growing children determine what's most important to them.

What I have found, however, is that the more a person tends to force their particular brand of values on another, the more insecure that person (the ..um...enforcer *L*) tends to be about their own standing in life. If you have strong values and grounding, you tend to not feel the need to pontificate as much, you voice your opinion but stop short of shoving it down someone else's throat because your values are YOURS and they work for you. Most people who aren't grounded are constantly seeking validation through situations they feel a need to address even though it's not a violation of the law...maybe a mere violation of your own belief system, or more likely, a violation of your own comfort level, which is subjective.

You said that your God would not accept gays. I find that a little odd since the knowlege I have of God is quite different. The God I know may hate what you do, but also remembers that you are HUMAN with FLAWS and always a work in progress, therefore, loves you no less.

Even Jesus walked with those that were cast out of society...the whores, the tax men, the liars and thieves, the murderers and abusers, the lawyers and judges. The aim was to teach through example , guide through love and check your pride at the door. About the only time I remember total INtolerance on Jesus' part was in the Temple, which was His Father's House.

Now, come over to MY house and I'll teach you a little tolerance. *EG* We'll see how long you can tolerate a spanking from me....until you beg to follow like a puppy in heat *L*

Palm Beach Gardens FL

Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Just because you tolerate something doesn't mean you are agreeing and have given your approval. Its simply means you won't fight somes right to find their own path in life. Even if it isn't right for you. Tolerating something in your home is an entirely different matter than the world. There are many thing I won't tolerate under my roof but will tolerate it if in someone else's home. If I can't then its simple I can just leave. Its all in the handling of yourself that makes you tolerant or not.

Tolerating something doesn't mean accepting it into your life. It doesn't mean you must open your home to it and allow those who live different inside. It just means you don't fight their right to be different from you.

You do not have to help it. You do not have to do it. You do not have to say its the right thing for you or anyone else but you realize for some reason beyond your understanding it just is for some.

Things I do not aprove or agree with wouldn't be part of my home. I wouldn't expose my children to it if I had the power and the only place to control that is in my home. That makes me unaccepting but tolerant.

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Simbaxxx,

As I said I like your insight and find myself agreeing with a large part of your posts. I think the poster was trying to point out that many on the Far Left who claim to be Liberal, and thus must be openminded and tolerant, are implying tolerance is acceptance. As you have pointed out that is incorrect.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"I see many liberals are always preaching we should learn Tolerance. Learn to accecpt everything and anything as being normal."

Accept???? Just because you choose to tolerate something DOES NOT mean you agree with it. If you agreed with it....then there would be nothing to tolerate. Tolerance is only the act of allowance.....allowing others to be and do different from what you believe is good for yourself. What makes "you" think "you" know what is good for others? If someone wants to live the possible hardships of being gay.... that isn't my decision ....I'm not their "mommy"... they are adults and must make their own decisions on how to live their life and benefit .....or face repercussions .....of whatever decisions they may make.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"EVERYBODY draws a line somewhere as to what they will tolerate in others so NOBODY in totally tolerant. I do find it amazing that many who claim to be so tolerant are critical of those who draw their line in at a different place." ---------------------------------------------------------------- "I concur we all have levels of tolerance and where that tolerance ends. I also find it amusing that those who claim to be the most tolerant or often times, in reality, the least tolerant. "

So so true.

Rochester NY

Username hidden
(10343 posts)
EVERYBODY draws a line somewhere as to what they will tolerate in others so NOBODY in totally tolerant. I do find it amazing that many who claim to be so tolerant are critical of those who draw their line in at a different place. ---------------------------------------------------------------- I concur we all have levels of tolerance and where that tolerance ends. I also find it amusing that those who claim to be the most tolerant or often times, in reality, the least tolerant.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
38 I do not see the relevance of this when discussing tolerance of others lifestyles.

I haven't earned any enemies. Noone has me backed in a corner and I have nothing to fight about. I have nothing to defend.

My responses are all as they pertain to gay people and or how other law abiding citizens live their lives its not my business. If it works for them more power to them.

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Yes but you still think Americans should just passively support the agenda of Gee Dubya et. al., and you have repeatedly decried anyone who has expressed strong disapproval of the current administration. You seem to think that anyone that doesn't agree with your choice of elected leaders and their ridiculous policies are cowards and traitors. You *still* support the war in Iraq that was declared on fallacious charges of WMDs, and you are in favor of escalating that conflict, sending *more* troops into harms way, all because the elected leaders you support tell you that is what is necessary, even though they've repeatedly demonstrated their incompetence to you over and over again.

The record of your persona is well document on the pages of the SLS political forum. You are a goose-stepping yes! man that would get down on all fours, grease up your hind end for them and quack like a duck should your political idealougues in elected office tell you that's what's necessary to save yourself from the "ever growing terrorist threat®" ...

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   51 to 60 of 115   End
TOPIC: Tolerance