Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Tolerance
TOPIC: Tolerance
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   101 to 110 of 115   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In reply to Perma's last comment.

I disagree with you that being Gay is Ok. It is not normal and shouldn't be taught to our children as being normal.

I personaly don't care what they do behind closed doors. However, when they openly display it like they are showing off some medal they won at the county fair I think they have gone to far.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
gawd! You guys always love to draw lines between libs n cons....LMAO

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
*L* Oh, wait a minute....in France you'll see alot more of that ROF

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
" At the same time, I do have to the right to make comments to them about how I believe they should stop, even so much as in using derogatory comments with out worrying about offending them."

I'm wondering how one uses a derogatory comment towards another without offending them?

Unless someone is doing something blatantly illegal, why would it be any of your business anyway?

Tolerance doesn't mean you have to agree with something. It doesn't mean you have to adopt it, accept it or support it. But why bother voicing YOUR opinion in disagreement and creating a scene. Sounds like a battle not worth fighting.

You don't like seeing two men holding hands and kissing in public? Neither do I, but you know something? Too freakin bad. That's life, there are plenty of different notions about relationships to go around. Who said yours was the best for everyone? You don't like you kids seeing it? Get over it. It's a part of life and your kids are going to see plenty of things in glaring public view that you don't like. If it's illegal, then fine, report it, call the cops, complain to the big wigs, make a citzens arrest....or , as someone once said in another thread....Move to France or shut the fuck up. LMAO

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Well then you have to feel they have the right to say you are a breeder and you disgust me right back then. That's all there is really to it. Its pretty simple..

However I would never conduct myself that way. I would never want my children to belittle or demean another human being because of a difference or prejudice. I would certainly never allow then to see me conduct myself in that manner towards another human being as I wouldn't do that anyway. I hope my children never have to witness that kind of ignorance or even experience it because I wouldn't do that to another person out of respect for them. I would hope to be lucky enough to recieve the same respect in return. So far I have.

I will share a story from the other night with you because its very relevant on how my children are brought up to be tollerant. I have four kids of varrying ages so some have different more in depth understandings than others..

My four year old knows Aunt J and Aunt S ( lebian couple ). She knows they are together in away but doesn't quite have the connection. My six year old however knows they love each other and are a couple like myself and my husband. She just assumed they were married, in love people get married. The other night the couple was babysitting for us for a few hours during that time a conversation of marriage came up. My 6 year old say Aunt J and Aunt S your not married yet... What are you waiting for. My four year old says they can't get married there is no boy. My children aren't confused the understand love and understand that it takes a mommy and daddy to have a baby. They are begining to understand that some people love people and just won't be able to have kids.

Together these woman have raise 7 well round hetero sexual kids.

My children will never treat another human being as any less then anyone else if I have my way about it. I see nothing wrong with homosexuality just as I see nothing wrong with swinging.

So I guess its all how you look at the world. Gays will help slow the overcrowding though.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Perma wrote: Personally I think neither of you have the right to tell the other their way of life is wrong. ------------------------------------------------ So I just have to accept the fact that they are doing something I believe is wrong?? Sit by and tolerate it with out being able to do anything about it?

I believe that no one has "The Right NOT to be Offended". By this I mean, I don't have the right to stop someone from doing something that offends me. In the same light, they don't have the right, to stop me from doing something that offends them.

For example: Standing in Line for a ride at an amusement park with my family(Children) There are two gay men Holding hands and occasionly kissing(not making out) I know I can't make them stop(Although, I would love to). Again, I don't have "The Right NOT to be Offended". At the same time, I do have to the right to make comments to them about how I believe they should stop, even so much as in using derogatory comments with out worrying about offending them. Again, No one has "The Right NOT to be Offended". It's not a given right.

I hope you see where I'm going with this, I am rushing to type this becaus I have a Meeting in a few minutes.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
How is it your right to tell someone else they are living their life wrong. How do you know that they are wrong.

They think "breeders" are icky. Do you believe they have the right to tell you so ?

If they answer to the above question is yes then by all means tell them...

Personally I think neither of you have the right to tell the other their way of life is wrong.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Well I have to be tolerant of them to. Would I say someone couldn't attend a meet and greet based on a certain criteria no I wouldn't. I don't have to that's my right. Everyone has diferences in what they think is appealing and they don't match mine so I leave it open for anyone to attend. Do I have an issue with a group that doesn't allow anyone to attend. Not really I just choose to not go. Do I think its right no but others do and that is theirs to decided not mine.

There are many groups like that all around. The republican committee definately wouldn't let a democrate be a member or vice versa to the other side. The mooses wouldn't let in the elks.. There are many of these private groups.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Perma wrote: I do not think there would be anything wrong with holding your lovers hand in a line at the movie theater an issue requardless of the sex of the partners.

I am open minded and tolerant of others. Even those whom I do not agree with. They have the right to disagree doesn't make them right though. ------------------------------------------------------------- Ok, I see two gay guys in line at the movie theater and they are holding hands. I know I can't make them stop, but I don't agree with what they are doing. So, do I have the right to let them know I don't agree? I feel if I must be tolerant of them, then they have to be tolerant of me voicing my opinion that what they are doing is wrong.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
Perma wrote: With everyone being different why shouldn't we be tolerant.. We have blondes..brunettes..red heads.. pink..blue..purple.. green..rainbow hair colors.... we have green..blue.. grey.. yellowish..hazel eyes... small frames..large frames....middle frames... heavy weights and light weights and the average... -----------------------------------------------------

Ok, perfect example is many of the new Clubs/Party Groups in the swinging scene will only accept members to their club/party if they pass a certain criteria as far as their looks go and their ages go. Isn't that intolerance?

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   101 to 110 of 115   End
TOPIC: Tolerance