Tolerance : Swingers Discussion 76505101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTolerance
TOPIC: Tolerance
Created by: CPL4PARTY
Original Starting post for this thread:
Quote from another thread "I feel this is America. Noone should be discriminated against for anything."

"I think people need to stop selectively targeting what is different and discriminating." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see many liberals are always preaching we should learn Tolerance. Learn to accecpt everything and anything as being normal.

Tell, me why should I be tolerant of something that I truly believe is wrong?

What do you think? Is Tolerance being shoved down our throats? Or is it good for us to just tolerate things we feel are wrong?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 115   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yes it doesn't matter what they put on the fiat currency. The only thing it has had backing it up *since* we came off the gold standard is the imaginary concept of some supreme being anyway. It's bound to hyperinflate at some point, probably in the next 50 years, at which point not even God himself will be able to save us.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
OK History Lesson

from the US Treasury Website:

"The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States *coins* largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the *Civil War*."

Odnutz, it was the 1950's the "motto" was changed from E. Pluribus Unum to In God We Trust for the reason you stated and appeared on "paper money". The phrase In God We Trust has been on coins and at least one note before that. See quote from Treasury Dept above and from Wekipedia:

" "In God We Trust" is the current national motto of the United States. It was declared as such by an act of Congress in 1956, displacing the existing national motto, E Pluribus Unum. " quote continued:

" In 1956, the Cold War was in full swing, and the anti-Communist suspicion of the McCarthy era was at its height. Partly in reaction to Communism (which was commonly associated with atheism), the 84th Congress passed a joint resolution to replace the existing motto with "In God we Trust." According to United States Code, Title 36, Section 302, the new motto officially displaced the original 180 year-old national motto "E Pluribus Unum" (Out of Many, One) when President Eisenhower signed the resolution into law on 30 July 1956. [1]

Despite longstanding controversy and recent legal opposition to the current motto, the most common place it appears in daily life is on the money of the United States. The first United States coin to bear this motto was the 1864 two-cent piece. It first appeared on U.S. currency on the back of Florida National Bank Notes in 1863. However it wasn't until 1957 that the motto was permanently adopted for use on United States currency. "

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
In our Creator we trust, maybe that shoould be it. After all according to our forefathers that is where our rights come from not our government...Declaration of independance.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"How 'tolerant' is one that can't bear to hear 'under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance? "

I really could care less about this subject, but didn't the original rendition of the pledge not have those words in it?

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
wnt2 - YOu see it as a dodge, I see it as truth.

So, I answer Perfects Question about moving to Jordon. I would not complain about it, nor be offended by it. I would realise that is that Countries beliefs and accept that. Not accept Islam as my religion, so don't get that confused.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
Good point Perfect!! Going off on another tangent, but still to do with Tolerance. Why should our Government Department Offices have signs in Spanish. I mean if you are here legaly, shouldn't you know how to read English. To become a US citizen, you have to pass a reading and writing test. If you passed, why do you need the signs.

I am with that one senator that tried to pass a law making English the Official language of the US.

If you move to any other country you think they are going to bend over backwards to make you feel like you were back in the US?

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
wnt2 - I doubt my Mother would have moved to this Country in 1958 if it had a Muslim Heritage. She would have stayed in Italy.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
The reason the founding fathers put "God" on the coin etc. had little to do with religion, and everything to do with controlling people.

Religion, like politics, is a mind-fuck.

People are afraid of the unknown so they deal with their fear by believing in a god. Opportunist governments seize upon this belief and irrational fears to use against the people and force them to kowtow to government control.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Well.... I have had fun but I have to catch a flight to Panama for the weekend.... Have fun debating this one and see you back on Monday... Ciao!

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Again, which God? and who is we??

How stupid is it to say "we have freedom of religion" then declare that everyone trusts in the same God? It's exclusive. Not all Americans believe in the Judeo-Christian God. Some don't even trust in God at all.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 115   End
TOPIC: Tolerance