Those pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!! : Swingers Discussion 2202301051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThose pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!!
TOPIC: Those pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 89   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Think your pic looks really good or you are a sex god? Narcissistic personality disorder. Don't like your peas to touch your potatoes or meat, Obsessive compulsive disorder. Like to argue with everyone, smoker, drinker, ED, inhibited female orgasm, and the list goes on...."

This is a gross oversimplification of the DSM.

For NPD, for example, there are 9 criteria, of which you have to meet 5, to be classified as NPD. For OCD, there are six criteria. And so on.

If you are (or were) a mental health professional, you would know these things...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Great post Sophia. While I agree with you I do believe those who show a propensity for violence need to be institutionalized and not on the streets. As in the case of individuals who are continually talking of killing fellow citizens. And talk of cutting people with knives, or hitting them with objects. If this type of communication from them is continual, in fact in individual's case it is daily. Those people have no business walking around to harm others.

All these expensive cost wasting liberty depriving laws do nothing to make the population safer. Violent criminals should get longer full sentences behind bars. Violent nutcases belong in a mental hospital.

Stop locking people up for non violent offenses, and taking their liberties away.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19415 posts)
Party:

No, you are not qualified to demand law. In fact, you like any victim of a crime are the least qualified to make law as the law the victims or repenting demand are over reaching and often times abusive the the whole... Just to justify the guilt the victim feels.

I will not deny that most weapons used in a crime were initially bought for leagal uses. However when you boil your argument down to its base reasonings, it is fear driven.

Fear is the worst reason to make law. It is the leading reason for violence and denying people rights.

Do you know why mos ancient civilizations were repressive to their women? It is because when men went to war, they raped and pillaged. They took the wives and daughters of the defeated and left bastard children in their wake.

Often times, these fatherless children (doesn matter how the child came to be) could not be provided for by the mothers and so the family died without the father. This is why some societies made it a social burden for the younger brothers to not be able to marry as they could take their older brothers wives as their own.

Fear drove men to be repressive. It always does.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7578 posts)
Thank you sophia! Unfortunately, those furthest out on the mental illness spectrum are the same people who think OTHER people are fucked up, possessed, need to be restrained, etc.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I worked as a social worker with the Mentally Ill (MI)population as well as the mentally retarded (MR) and developmentally disabled (DD) [autism] population. also known as MR/DD/MI. There have been a world of changes in the quality of care, early diagnosis, aggressively addressing the disorders for the best quality of life and healing for those disorders that can be healed. A great deal of teaching to parents occurs and well... despite all these efforts, it is a less than perfect system.

One of the largest movements in this field of study is the protection of and the granting of rights to the MR/DD/MI population. The purpose is to let them be in control of their care and lives as much as possible. However, this has its problems when the system works to protect them, allow them as much independence as possible and the parents or guardians are crazy-odd-strange-not normal-abusive-weird-could care less- fill in any other term you want type of parents. There are some that are too controlling, feel too much guilt, anger, etc. The MR/DD/MI population are already altered in what 'normal' people have to process all the stuff they encounter in their daily lives, but when you add messed up parenting to the equation, well, a time bomb can build.

If for fun you ever read the DSM-IV, the diagnostic criteria for MR/DD/MI you would be surprised how much of what we do, feel, and think puts us all in the scale of mental illness. Each one of us could be found in some experts range of low-moderate-high rating for a particular disorder. Think your pic looks really good or you are a sex god? Narcissistic personality disorder. Don't like your peas to touch your potatoes or meat, Obsessive compulsive disorder. Like to argue with everyone, smoker, drinker, ED, inhibited female orgasm, and the list goes on....

The bottom line, mental illness cannot be used to block any person's rights to purchase guns, or anything that allows one to live their life the way they want, as long as they live within the laws. If so, we all subject ourselves to mental health screenings for everything and have access to nothing, jobs, children, cars, guns, and so on.

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
PP, here's the flaw in your thinking: Most of my violent revenge fantasies involve a modern weapon. Since I'm a law-abiding citizen, I should have the right to enjoy my fantasy without the wet blanket effect of thinking I couldn't get such a gun.

Isn't it my god-given right to have whatever fantasy I want? Unimpaired by your liberal gun-limiting scheme?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Robert...incorrect..it is because of my past mis-deeds that I understand and am qualified to speak on the complex and often oversimplified process of how a AR-15 flows from a factory in Illion NY into the hands of mass killers, mentally ill and otherwise and all the steps in between. What people fail to understand is the world is not clearly and cleanly divided in to "criminals" and "law abiding citizens"....those lines are blurry and subjective. Make NO mistake, under current law, 99.9999% of all weapons, regardless of the class, were originally purchased legally, resold legally, and in the vast majority of cases, until the SECOND before the killer pulls the trigger, the owner was (all things being relative) a "law abiding gun owner" As for career criminals, the weapons they use are generally obtained a matter of days, sometimes HOURS before they use it for a crime, and never use it again, thus the term "throw away piece". It end up in a storm drain, sold at a gun show or pawn shop,(which flow BACK to "law abiding gun owners" or passed on to another career criminal. There is a full blown "Black market" but it has little to do with street crime of mass killings, and in terms of weapons you and I may see, is a tiny piece of the puzzle As for the police and military, they are human, but they are also accountable to their authorities, courts and legislative judicial review. The VAST majority of police (even excluding the desk jockeys) go through their entire career and never even unholster their weapons, which renders the claims of "2.5 Million crimes a year" foiled by gun owners, categorically absurd and statistically nonplausible I could go on for days....but you get the idea

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Lol, I say the forum moderators ought to disable the blocks on people blocking others and then speaking about them from behind the blocks.

Yes Fjep, this is directed to you. I have been made aware of you speaking about me from behind the block.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7578 posts)
"Hay, what can I say? I am a writer at heart." Robert said and threw his hands shoulder level. "It's in my nature to write drastically."

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7578 posts)
I seriously hope that somebody in his family is watching and takes notice to get him help, even if they have to go to court to do it. This is why we should be locking up insane people, not denying rights of the rest of the country.

If some family member had sought commitment on Adam 20 children would still be alive.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19415 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 89   End
TOPIC: Those pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!!