Those pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!! : Swingers Discussion 2202301031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThose pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!!
TOPIC: Those pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 89   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Party:

"Robert...Ayn Rand meets Machiavelli...LOL Dude you are ALL over the board on this"

Well, that is what it appears when one stands in the middle, neither on the far left or the far right, but in the gray.

"Sorry to be the one to break the news to you Robert, but about 40% Americans are too stupid and paranoid for your vision to become reality."

This doesn't mean that their votes don't matter. This is a free society, one in which every vote counts. It doesn't matter if they are a mental head case with a paranoia complex, or Steven Hawking.

"These people understand neither accountability nor responsibilty."

The same can be said for the left, in fact I am saying it of all sides.

"The process has been the same and has worked nicely from emancipation to Women's rights to civil rights to gay rights and so it shall be with firearm regulations....The enlightened of Society creates a desired narrative and mandates it until it becomes such orthodoxy, that there is risk of social injunction to oppose it, and it then flows from the mainstream to the middle, until those who oppose it are forced to fake it in order to function in society, and the hard core build bunkers."

And yet you think that you are part of the orthodoxy... You are neither enlightened or part of the majority. What you are is part of the louder minority who play to the heart strings of a simple minded audience.

The only reason that you have this much of the audience is that a growing number of them are apathetic to gun rights. Why? Because a growing number aren't able to afford fire arms.

As more people are forced onto social welfare by losing their good paying jobs and going from college into their career fields which aren't providing a wage that grows fast enough to keep up with inflation/deflation.

Remember that hunting was never a poor mans sport. It was something the middle class father did with his son's and in rare occasions, the daughters. As these middle class jobs are sent to the third world, the number of people who have time to enjoy the sport dwindles until they don't vote based upon the gun issues.

You win only because the conservatives destroyed their own voting blocks.

"Forget the romantic notions of democracy, they are to a large part, illusion, and if we were to pander to the wishes of the great anti intellect American plurality, the very interwebs we are now communicating on, would probably have been dumped around 1980 as a wasteful government subsidy."

Then that is our fate. Freedom comes at the risk of sanity and self destruction. Only when one is free to commit a willful act of self termination, can one call themselves truly free.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7447 posts)
Robert...Ayn Rand meets Machiavelli...LOL Dude you are ALL over the board on this Sorry to be the one to break the news to you Robert, but about 40% Americans are too stupid and paranoid for your vision to become reality. These people understand neither accountability nor responsibilty. The process has been the same and has worked nicely from emancipation to Women's rights to civil rights to gay rights and so it shall be with firearm regulations....The enlightened of Society creates a desired narrative and mandates it until it becomes such orthodoxy, that there is risk of social injunction to oppose it, and it then flows from the mainstream to the middle, until those who oppose it are forced to fake it in order to function in society, and the hard core build bunkers. Forget the romantic notions of democracy, they are to a large part, illusion, and if we were to pander to the wishes of the great anti intellect American plurality, the very interwebs we are now communicating on, would probably have been dumped around 1980 as a wasteful government subsidy.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Party:

Humanity is one of the few species which fear everything, yet know that not everything is out to kill us.

Every one of us seeks to control everything, all for personal gain. May you hide this personal gain behind altruism or under the flag of selfishness. The outcome is the same. This is why I seek a balanced approach, one which doesn't take away another's false sense of security, but holds them accountable to inform the government that they no longer possess the deadly weapon they sold/gifted to another.

If there is one emotion that I know best, it is fear. I know how to inflict it and I know what it feels like. That is why I strive to exist in the thin gray line between where most do not exist as most are like a pendulum, swinging from one extreme to the other.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7447 posts)
WOW BS, what a well constructed well thought out articulate retort. Come on, the truth, you either cut and pasted that, or you had help....no WAY you came up with such a brilliant work of word smithing all by yourself! (The above is sarcasm, I'm mocking you)

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Robert.. apparently you are one of those people who suffer from the misconception that laws are designed to eliminate the act which they prohibit. You also mistake the maintenance of a civilization with "control" and pragmatism with "Fear" Make NO mistake, there is NO ONE or no entity more bent on "control" than those who believe and desire to possess any and all classes of waepons with impunity.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
pp you really don't have a clue of what you are talking about....BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Party:

A ban is one method of control, control is derived from fear.

I do not know if it is your age or your past that blinds you to the fact that as we speak, you can buy a 3d printer for the same cost as a AR-15 and build most of the parts for a AR-15, buy the parts you aren't able to make and use it to commit as many murders as there were in sandy hook.

This is with modern day tech. Ten years from now, you should expect every piece to be as easy to make as hitting print.

The single greatest failing of the last three generations (mine, yours and the one before you) is that we keep making laws for the here and now. The here and now is past, we need laws which are forward thinking, seeing the problems which are ahead and dodging left or right, jumping over or diving under them.

Bans are nothing more than throwing more coal into the engine and steaming right on ahead over the cliff. It is time to either build a better human, or like Rome, collapse so that in three generations, a new civilization can arise and do our job for us.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7447 posts)
"No law will keep those who want to kill from killing and as soon as one understands that, we may be able to find a real solution to this problem" Sophiasays69...Everyone already understands that, and NO law can, or is designed to END the crime it prohibits. What laws are designed to do is give WE THE PEOPLE the ability to redress these crimes when they are committed, and create entanglements for those on the bubble to yes, prevent and discourage them from committing crimes. Again, this is not Batman's Gotham City, where "bad guys" have a theme for their life of crime and all dress alike, and the good citizens never so much as Jaywalk. There is a huge segment in between who are honest but corruptible, and yes, we can prevent the crimes they potentially commit. The BIGGEST lie being told by the NRA cult, gun lobby, and fringe right media at the moment is "Nothing that has been proposed would have prevented the massacre at Sandy hook" ....this is a damnable lie. Young Mr Lanza tried to buy guns, and was denied by current law. Plan b was to take his mothers "Adaptive combat rifle" which, unless his mother was indeed a closet criminal, never would have been available in the presence of an assault weapons ban.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Robert...it is not fear or guilt driven by any means, it is in fact, purely pragmatic in terms of public policy. FEAR is the basis of the gun lobby's agenda, not mine. My view is based on fist hand up close and person working knowledge of how firearms flow to manufacturer, to dealer, to citizen, to straw buyer, to criminal, and ironically, back to the citizen. Since we are foolish enough not to have gun registration and title in America (yet) I have no evidence to support an exact figure, but based on my experience in the matters, i would put the probability that unless you purchased your handgun or rifle of shotgun adapted for combat and assault, at 70% that it at one time was either owned by a criminal, or used in a crime. Still...the VAST majority of people in America will live their lives from cradle to grave and never be personally affected by with gun violence, a fact the NRA cult does NOT want you to consider. (Unless it is one of these times when they make the absurd claims that THEY are the once responsible for that) Just as you have a better chance of winning the lottery than being killed in a plane crash, shall we do away with aviation safety regulations? Granted..Airline safety regulations will not prevent all plane crashes, just as Gun regulations will not prevent all gun violence....but this arguement is nonsense, and is an argument against ALL laws..."If Child molesting is outlawed, only outlaws will molest children"

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
No once again you are wrong about me. I am just sitting back enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   31 to 40 of 89   End
TOPIC: Those pesky Ultra Liberal bias gun grabbers at FOX NEWS !!!