This is what small government and slashing spending looks like : Swingers Discussion 220293
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThis is what small government and slashing spending looks like
TOPIC: This is what small government and slashing spending looks like
Created by: PartyPerks847
Original Starting post for this thread:
htt p://news.yahoo.c om/blogs/ticket/sequestration-cuts-threaten-york-fleet-week-165236963--politics.html Next time be careful what you wish for. the bad news, the bulk of the cuts have not kicked in yet
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Party:

"Last I knew Robert, the military was voluntary. 20 year retirement, a lock on either college or a house after, and food, clothing and shelter for your entire family are virtually non existent in the private sector and for that matter, the rest of the public sector. Over worked and underpaid? Please..."

1) Military service might be voluntary going in... But few are able to willfully leave those that they shed blood with.

2) retirement? Most service members never stay in long enough to retire. They are either thrown out on medical, disciplinary issues or simply not retained.

Take Loring Air Force Base Maine for an example.

in the 80s on a SAC base, you could be dishonorably discharged because your wife missed a medical appointment set up and forced upon you by the military. (if she was pregnant, it was mandated by the USAF that she attend medical appointments set up by the base. If she missed them, it was almost always an article 15.)

Park on the wrong side of the street? Get a fine for doing this while on base? Hell, in -10 degree weather, you start the car and go back inside the house and you get a ticket for that too. Guess who you are before before the end of the day or are woken up to stand before? If not your immediate supperior officer (O-rank, not enlisted) Then higher.

Today SAC is gone. But the military still has a high turn over rate, namely because military life is harsh on both the family and the soldier.

In no other form of employment, can you find one where by you can be on vacation and forced to return at your own expense within twelve hours. (sometimes this is impossible and you are held accountable for failing to obey orders. article 15)

This says nothing of how people expect soldiers to turn war off. To go from being able to kill like many on these forums claim they can, to being regular joe civilian.

I haven't even started on the family issues that the military creates, the missed birthdays, the missed time with the family, because you are trianing 12 hours a day.

I was in FL visiting a friend of mine who was serving in the active duty. she took two weeks off on leave. She and I planned this for the better part of a year. Guess how many of those days she had to spend doing things for the Air force? Every single one of them. Five to six hours of her leave blown for odds and ends that her superiors threw upon her despite being on leave.

She didn't get that leave back, she lost it.

So yes, the soldier is over worked, under paid and under appreciated.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6891 posts)
Last I knew Robert, the military was voluntary. 20 year retirement, a lock on either college or a house after, and food, clothing and shelter for your entire family are virtually non existent in the private sector and for that matter, the rest of the public sector. Over worked and underpaid? Please...

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

"I know this Robert, and you need to make up your mind. Are those who malinger in the enlisted military because they get store bought shoes for the first time in their lives victims, or are they part of the problem?"

1) I need to do nothing.

2) They are neither. They are people, trying to get by day after day with the skills they have or that another gives them.

They are under paid, over worked and under appreciated. (no. throwing money at the VA and a hand full of other agencies isn't appreciating what they do for us, it is handing money to the homeless man following you in hope that he/she leaves you be and you do not have to see them anymore.)

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6891 posts)
I know this Robert, and you need to make up your mind. Are those who malinger in the enlisted military because they get store bought shoes for the first time in their lives victims, or are they part of the problem?

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

You are about 30 years slow to the party. At around the 1970s/1980s the entire social welfare program was hijacked by corporate america, so to maximize their profits.

A military has always and always will be the single largest social welfare program for any nation. This is why the nations with the largest GDPs will always have the larger military.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6891 posts)
Robert...I was a single father for 4 years between marriages, and paid $160 a week (in 1980s dollars) for child care, I did not collect food stamps, was not on medicare and paid for my kids medical bills myself. I know this is not a popular point of view, but unless someone can explain to me what a women and her kids sitting in taxpayer paid housing, eating taxpayer paid food, wearing commissary bought taxpayer paid cloths has to do with national defense, I will continue to believe that unfortunately, the enlisted military has become the biggest social welfare program in the federal budget

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

While those sexy toys aren't needed, they do lead to better civilian tech. So every research job must be put to a new research job. (instead of researching tanks, research nano-tube cables for a space elevator.)

Sadly the most likely use for the nano-tube tech we have (full scale production) is in weapon production.

The extra E9s and officers can go, but if you cut the Support for private snuffy's kids and their mother, the government gets to pay for them vie the other social welfare we have. Just because you would like to smack the horny E-3 around for wanting ass before you and I march him/her off to more useless war, doesn't mean we can kick their children to the gutter.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6891 posts)
Robert...I could find plenty to cut from the bloated pentagon budget, but that is a bit much. The waste in defense spending is not found in the nuts and bolts and time tested weapons systems, it is found in "sexy" trillion dollar weapons systems slated to replace functional systems that don't need replacing, E-9s malingering in the enlisted ranks when the ceased to perform any useful function but sucking the government teet years ago, O-4s hiding under the radar in the army air force and marines who will never advance until the retire and get bumped to O-5s just to get rid of them, and hillbilly dependents who get food, housing and sustenance for herself and her 5 kids from my tax dollars all for doing nothing but getting knocked up by some horny E-3 That's a start...cut that, and I just paid for 1000 charter schools and vaccinated a half million kids

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Yea that would show'em WOW what an idea LMFAO

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I say dock the entire navy with the exception of the Ohio class subs.

Ground the air force.

Disband 90% I the army and 75% of the marines.

Sell the surface fleets and tanks (other military equipment for the army) to our allies and close our foreign bases. When the world needs us, tell the that there is a for sale line and do your own dirty work, this egale is taking the next two decades off.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6891 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: This is what small government and slashing spending looks like