Things you can say or do if you're a liberal : Swingers Discussion 2144911061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThings you can say or do if you're a liberal
TOPIC: Things you can say or do if you're a liberal
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 110   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Well, that's a shock... "

It shouldn't be. In my lifetime we've gone from taking guns to school for demonstrations to suspending 6 year old kids for making a gun with their finger.

Liberals suck. Good hearts, bad brains.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17153 posts)
"I blame the liberals and what they've done to the culture."

Well, that's a shock...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
" Based on what I could dig up on him he was a columnist for the media juggernaut the Des Moines Register which apparently has a readership of about 105,000 - a fraction of the membership of SLS. Are you seriously equating him to someone like Rush that has a reported following of 20 million listeners?"

LOL!!!

He's a SYNDICATED columnist for the Des Moines Register. His editorials can be found many places including Huffington Post.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17153 posts)
" In this case, the parent KNEW that her son had emotional issues yet failed to secure her firearms in a way that would keep her in sole control. It's a shame."

It's just not this case where the parent didn't act responsibly, it's most cases. I blame the liberals and what they've done to the culture.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17153 posts)
Ct:

Let's look at this logically. He is emotionally damaged. How willing are most parents to watch a son/daughter commit suicide? Much less in front of them? Adam could have held a knife to his own throat until he gave him acess to the weapons.

Personally if I had a child so damaged as he was... I wouldn't have so much as a butter knife left unlocked. And refusal to take his medication simply wouldn't be allowed.

This is what makes gun safety exceedingly hard and to say. "well lets ban all guns" isn't the answer as only the bad guys would have them.

In the city or areas like where I am lead to believe that they lived... A high powered weapon isn't home defense... It is simply overpowered and will penetrate your neighbors home. A weaker weapon like a shut gun is ideal.

Now if you live out in the country and the KKK decide to attack, well you just might need a faster firing, longer distance weapon. Single shot hunting rifles would be too slow for engaging the clansmen. (and doing civilization a favor by reducing them to crown and hog chow.)

A criminal needs only to hold one child hostage and your parental instincts kick in to protect that child any way you can. Gun cabinet or safe.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
There were no reports that she kept a gun safe or some other method of securing the guns. If she had RESPONSIBLY stored them in a way that would keep others away from them, he nor anyone else would have gotten to them. But you choose to ignore the point. Gun owners go on and on about their right to own guns but too many of them ignore basic gun safety practices. It doesn't take new laws of any kind to get them to be more aware of that and how much they might inadvertently put others at risk. Or maybe it does! There's certainly a groundswell of support for stricter gun limits. In this case, the parent KNEW that her son had emotional issues yet failed to secure her firearms in a way that would keep her in sole control. It's a shame.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(328 posts)
Do we know she did not lock up her guns? Dec 15 one news agency reported that Adam had tried to buy gun/s, but was turned away. He certainly could have known where keys were to a safe or locker, and taken them while she was asleep. If you have information please relate?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19441 posts)
I'm a "liberal" who doesn't have any problem with the second amendment. I do have a problem with professed responsible gun owners who don't lock up their guns. If Mrs Lanza had done that, her disturbed son wouldn't have had access to them. No new laws. No politics. Just common sense. I work out with a guy that owns so many guns he says they don't fit in his safe anymore and he just has them stored all over the place. For a nice guy, he's just being stupid.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(328 posts)
Are you out of your mind???????????? He's a journalist, part of the media, twice selected as a Pulitzer nominee.

What do you think would happen if Rush or Coulter had made similar statements?? It would be the lead story on NBC news.

Never heard of him before today and my guess is you would be hard pressed to find many that have. Based on what I could dig up on him he was a columnist for the media juggernaut the Des Moines Register which apparently has a readership of about 105,000 - a fraction of the membership of SLS. Are you seriously equating him to someone like Rush that has a reported following of 20 million listeners?

According to Alexa, the Des Moines Register website ranking is 6,214, again a fraction of SLS which has a ranking of 1,938. Between this and the membership number, this means that a forum poster on SLS has a higher readership potential than a columnist for the DR. Maybe the media should be reporting on what SLS forum posters are saying.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(82 posts)
If you think conservatives have not mastered the art of invective, you must be the second coming of Helen Keller, without the introspection.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 110   End
TOPIC: Things you can say or do if you're a liberal