The significance of county Sheriffs defying the Federal Government : Swingers Discussion 21615710262
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe significance of county Sheriffs defying the Federal Government
TOPIC: The significance of county Sheriffs defying the Federal Government
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   262 to 271 of 272   End
User Details are only visible to members.
pp

"PP69...my freedom is defined in many ways....owning an assault rifle which the SCOTUS has already ruled is not 2nd amendment protected, is not one of them "

I think you are mistaken. Please point out where the Court said such a thing? Please be specific. In Heller, a majority of justices ruled that the government cannot ban an entire class of weapons (in this case, handguns) that are commonly used by law abiding gun owners for legitimate reasons, such as self defense.

The government could argue that semi-automatic weapons are not commonly used for self defense, but it's still unclear how the Supreme Court might rule.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
PP when did SCOTUS rule the AR-15 was not protected by the 2nd amendment?

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Sorry..PM69

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
PP69...my freedom is defined in many ways....owning an assault rifle which the SCOTUS has already ruled is not 2nd amendment protected, is not one of them If that is how you define your freedom, I honestly feel sorry for you

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
pp

It's not my fault you can't grasp what freedom is

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
PM69...PLEASE for the sake of all things American and decent in the world, do NOT compare the civil rights movement with a group of anti American domestic terrorist affiliated sheriffs breaking the law...Lord have mercy!

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
"The GOOD NEWS is, these whacko right groups claim they had THOUSANDS of sheriffs in their ranks, turns out, it was only 12"

12 spoke out publicly. The rest of the above is conjecture.

In 1955 a very brave black woman decided not to give up her seat on a bus in Alabama.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
I am actually in a sick twisted sort of way, looking forward to this coming to a head in one of those counties. This has not been real world tested since the 80s. Time to reaffirm the absurdity of the myth

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
"”The County Government is the only constitutionally sanctioned law enforcement entity in the US” (Which of course is categorically absurd)" _______________-

It's the only MENTIONED law enforcement entity in the Constitution. All others ARE authorized under various well accepted statutes....

Yes, a Sheriff DOES have the 'right' to not enforce (subject of course to being censured and voted out of office or impeached for malfeasance, etc) or even close the county to all transit and trade.

However, he better have a DAMN good reason for doing it (nuclear disaster, disease, war, etc) or the Feds will be all over him like white on rice if he does more than blow it out their holes, as these 12 radicals are. Watch what happens when even one of them is required to enforce in their county... they will 'deem it constitutional', a 'right' they explicitly DO NOT hold (the right to judge constitutionality of a law).

Everyone got your popcorn?

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   262 to 271 of 272   End
TOPIC: The significance of county Sheriffs defying the Federal Government