Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics The significance of county Sheriffs defying the Federal Government
TOPIC: The significance of county Sheriffs defying the Federal Government
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 272   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacpl4,,,,I can only assume you have some semantic arguement up your sleeve when you ask how a barrel shrond allows for extended use, since it is the stated purpose of the feature, and the stealth properties of the flash suppressor are self explanatory...you asked for a definition...I gave you the one the MANUFACTURES of the firearms used and the one those who argued AGAINST the ban used...I happen to agree with the definition but if you have a probelm with it...I used to live not far from the Remington plant in Upstate NY, I would be happy to give you their address in Illion, and you can take it up with them

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
How does a barrel shroud allow for extended use? How does Pistol grip lessen trigger fatigue? Flash suppressor only lessens flash. You can get the same effect by changing the powder that you use to load your ammo with. I use low flash powder in my carry loads and out of a 3 inch barrel the flash at night is less than my 5.56 or my 7.62x51 they both have flash suppressors.Also if you use low flash powder in even a bolt action or semi rifle you will have less flash than a rifle that has a suppressor.

No manufacture ever marketed there weapons as assault weapons. This is a term made up by Politicians.It is used to scare the people like you that know nothing about weapons.

Prior to the 1980's, the term "assault weapon" was used in the context of military weapons systems, such as for the Rifleman's Assault Weapon, an American grenade launcher developed in 1977 for use with the M16 assault rifle. In 1985, Art Agnos introduced a bill in the California State Assembly seeking to place restrictions on semi-automatic firearms capable of using detachable magazines of 20 rounds or more. In his bill, AB 1509, these guns were categorized as "assault firearms".Speaking to the media, Agnos referred to them as both "assault firearms" and "assault weapons".The measure did not pass when it came up for a vote. Popularization of the term "assault weapon" is attributed by many to the 1988 book "Assault Weapons and Accessories in America", written by gun-control activist Josh Sugarmann, and to subsequent public reaction to the January 1989 Cleveland School massacre in Stockton, CA.Sugarmann wrote: Assault weapons—just like armor-piercing bullets, machine guns, and plastic firearms—are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
As I explained to Corkey....There is nothing unusual about a semi-automatic rifle, but that is a straw man, since being semi automatic is not the issue

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Define assault weapon? I'll use the criteria that those who manufacture them used until 2005 give or take a year or two before they changed the brand to "Adaptive combat weapon" and the Term Republican Tom Delay and others used throughout the sunsteeting debate Barrel shroud (allows for extended use) Flash suppressor (stealth) Pistol grip (reduces trigger fatigue) High capacity magazine (to kill more human targets) Or a combination of these, not all are required) These you see, are what makes them in legal terms "unusual" as they are military features, not features "commonly used" for hunting, sporting and personal protection. This of course will be revisited in the courts, but in light of Heller and the current political climate, I like our odds

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Please also explain what is unusual about a semi-automatic rifle. There is approx. 3,261,725 AR-15 style rifles in the US. So I would say they are common place weapons.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
No mass murders here just enjoy shooting against fellow shooters. Please define Assault Weapon.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacpl4..or how a mass murderer kills more people...that's why I asked you if you were planning a shooting binge

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
vacpl4...It is found not by the word assault weapon, but in the phrase "dangerous and unusual weapons" I explained how that relates to semi auto assault weapons already, and gave you the example of why the ban in NY is being challenged on FIFTH, not SECOND amendment grounds...even the gun lobby has ceded that Heller makes an assauklt weapons ban constitutional

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Yes back on target faster. That is why an Unlimited shooter in USPSA runs the course faster than a Limited class shooter does.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
" It's about increased speed in target acquisition between shots"

I just love it when they prove my point for me

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 272   End
TOPIC: The significance of county Sheriffs defying the Federal Government