The poor won't know the sequester happened : Swingers Discussion 2179911011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe poor won't know the sequester happened
TOPIC: The poor won't know the sequester happened
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 29   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Fjep:

A federal job doesn't ensure wealth or money, most of my fathers earnings have gone to paying for my mothers surgeries and other medical conditions which kept her form working.

Even with the medical provided by the government from my fathers government job, the debt encured was massive and we had to pay it off. So yes, I had to pich in and continue to do so. We are only now finishing off those debts.

Unlike many, we have this nasty tendency to actually pay off our debts.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
BS not to long ago he was telling us how he had to support his parents. NOW he claims his father has a union federal job. This guy wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the nose.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19318 posts)
he said he took care of his parents,but his dad works at a union job and for the goverment,sound like it all bullshit to me.are you an undercover agent for the fbi,i bet you don't even have a garage.........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
"(I will spare you this detail and how employers ignore the law about not firing you for this conflict.)"

From the bottom of my heart, a sincere THANK YOU for sparing me the details.

Do you think you could work on sparing more details- such as how terrible your life is because of the greedy businessman and how your post secondary education failed you and how you have to provide for your family and...?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
It needs to run longer than seven months in my opinion. Much longer.

The average middle class American took a pounding when taxes went up in January 2013. Time for the government, and the "entitled" to feel the same pain. If the middle class can tighten it's belt, so can you. You'll be just fine!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Robert, it only runs through the end of Sept. I really don't know were you get your info from. And yes she does work for DHS. And yes I have had a security check done on me as well.We live a very low key type of life so there are no red flags to throw up.You are right each Dept. will figure out were to put the cuts. If your job is less important then you will take the hit.Bottom line you need to put the blame were it belongs,your great Messiah.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

"Robert it is not for an indefinite amount of time. It is till the end of Sept. And they cannot loose more that a total of 22 days. If they did they would have to be laid off.)Federal law)This would cost more than the cut back of work time."

It is indefinite. They were bluntly told that they will work and be paid for only 4 days a week. End of story.

"The old lady works for the Feds (DHS) also and this is what she was told yesterday.And like I told you before make the cuts. "

That is here area of the government, each section operates with the basic over all contract, but finer details differ. I also highly doubt you are married to anyone who works within the government. Least of all anyone working in the DHS, as you must pass a background check which includes on those you are married to.

Given your comments here, I am sure that you would throw up so many red flags that she wouldn't ever get the job... Other than janitor... Maybe.

"Obama has be preaching his gloom and doom and it will not happen. Maybe this will open the peoples eyes up and they can see what kind of liar that is in office."

Oh you mean like telling Powell that Iraq has WMDs and having him tell the world? Yeah... you don't have any legitimate ground to accuse anyone of lying, for your own party lies every time it opens its mouth.

"He is the one who came up with this he signed it into law now he has to live with it. Just like all the asses who voted for him.He thought he was going to be able to bully the Senate and House into what he wants or he was hoping that the Dems would have control in both houses so he would have been able to push his agenda through. Bottom line he rolled the dice and HE lost!!"

Yes, he rolled the dice, he rolled the dice in hopes that the republicans weren't so insane as to drive the bus off the cliff. But he also had a plan for if they did drive it right off this cliff and you want to know what that plan is?

It is called history. Obama is a good student of history and knows exactly how to play large groups of people like a fiddle.

Historically, every time things become hard, the people turn to the government to help. These sequesters will make things very hard, the people will turn to the government for help and vote republicans out of office.

He played your own ignorance against you. All he must do is wait 2-3 years for the next election. Stop playing chess and start playing Go. The oriental game of Go is a far superior game when compared to chess.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
Robert it is not for an indefinite amount of time. It is till the end of Sept. And they cannot loose more that a total of 22 days. If they did they would have to be laid off.)Federal law)This would cost more than the cut back of work time.The old lady works for the Feds (DHS) also and this is what she was told yesterday.And like I told you before make the cuts. Obama has be preaching his gloom and doom and it will not happen. Maybe this will open the peoples eyes up and they can see what kind of liar that is in office.He is the one who came up with this he signed it into law now he has to live with it. Just like all the asses who voted for him.He thought he was going to be able to bully the Senate and House into what he wants or he was hoping that the Dems would have control in both houses so he would have been able to push his agenda through. Bottom line he rolled the dice and HE lost!!

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Sexus:

Agreed.

My father is one such federal employee and in addition to losing one day of work a week, for an indefinite length of time. He and those he is working with are seeing the entire maintenance community being shut down.

In the facility he works in, GE went from 10 civilian employees to 2. That won't even be enough people to do maintenance on the equipment.

They were already down to stripping lost causes (equipment too broken to be repaired) for spare parts... Which technically wasn't allowed, but they came up with a means of saving money this way. The lost causes would be written off at some point in the future, as they the National guard has more tanks and equipment than it could ever possibly use.

That equipment breaks down just by sitting. If the tank doesn't move at least for a few hours every few weeks to a month... It begins to die. The same is true for most equipment.

These jobs pumped a great amount of money into the local economy, worst yet... The job like my fathers was only available to national guards men... Without the job, there is no use in remaining in the national guard as it interferes with having a civilian job. (I will spare you this detail and how employers ignore the law about not firing you for this conflict.)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
As for the sequester, I will agree that most people do not know how to even begin to cut expenses enough to be okay. It irks me to no end b/c it's not that hard to do. And I don't buy into the myth that you live up to your income, that everyone does. because we certainly don't. We like having that cushion available for situations such as these.

The cuts hurt the military, and in the long run are going to hurt the country. Without saying too much about this matter, people who really need to oversee new weapons acquisitions and development are not going to be able to do their jobs, which down the line will mean that more mistakes will be made, more inconsistencies with buying, less quality control, less knowledgeable people will be available to ensure that jobs are done correctly. There will be frustration on all levels as the government plays its silly game.

It's all a political move, it has very little to do with actual cuts and budgeting. if it really was necessary to cut spending, it could be done in other areas. Congress has played this game now for quite some time, threats, then deciding a budget at the last minute, and since their bluff has been called all along, now they have to make good on it to save their faces. So they cut the military and federal employees and cannot even foresee the error of their ways in doing so.

It's going to be a very expensive game indeed. And the expense will be taken in much more than dollars. And much more than losing 20% of one's income.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 29   End
TOPIC: The poor won't know the sequester happened