Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics The White House: The Second Term of America's 44th President, Barack Obama
TOPIC: The White House: The Second Term of America's 44th President, Barack Obama
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 103   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Well he eventually knew about it, after about 95% of the country knew."

A ridiculous response from a ridiculous person.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
Well he eventually knew about it, after about 95% of the country knew.

But seriously, I wonder about these polls. How would 49% of Repub voters even think of some nonexistent group stealing the election? Just that it was one of 2 or 3 choices in the poll question?

Found the actual poll at Public Policy Polling site; the question:

Do you think that Barack Obama legitimately won the Presidential election this year, or do you think that ACORN stole it for him? Obama legitimately won.................................. 66% ACORN stole it for him.................................... 24% Not sure .......................................................... 10%

This isn't broken down by Dems, Repubs, or non-voters. I'm always amazed so few want to admit they're "not sure".

Among Obama voters, 2% believe Acorn stole it for him.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Less than 49%!"

You sure about that?

A 2006 Howard University poll found that 51% of Democrats believed that Bush either knew about or participated in the 9/11 attacks.

A 2007 Rasmussen poll found that 35% of Democrats believe it.

A 2009 Zogby poll found that 42% of Democrats believe it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
" How many Democrats think Bush attacked the World Trade Center? "

Less than 49% ! If, say, 6% of American voters believe some version of this, and we can safely say they're just wackos, I'll guess that maybe 1 or 2% voted Dem this time around, and 4 or 5 would go Repub?

Delusional people often don't vote in their own best interest.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America."

Bill Clinton's inaugural address, I believe.

I *really* wish to believe that.

I have professed in the (recent) past that "hope" is a worthless emotion, as "hope" alone does not drive action, and only action makes things happen.

But, I *really* hope - perhaps in vain - that President Clinton was right.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
I'm stunned it's that high, but sadly, I am not in total disbelief.

I only say this because I wish to "spread the love around" - what percent of Democrats think Romney is a tax cheat? 70%? How many Republicans still think Obama's not a citizen? How many Democrats think Bush attacked the World Trade Center?

I have long insisted - and I have received general agreement, I believe, from the more sane posters such as tbr and Fun, that the majority of voters - both Democrat and Republican - have a very poor grip on issues, facts, economics, or just about anything. Most decide their vote based on their gut, peer pressure, and an aggregate total of perhaps 180 seconds of campaign ads.

As long as we have an idiot electorate, we will have an idiot government. No matter which party is in the majority. I do not foresee a change for the better any time soon. I find that so depressing that I am downing a triple sidecar (very tasty) right now, and will not be joining this convo as it progresses.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
"A new PPP survey released Tuesday finds that 49% of Republican voters nationally think that ACORN, a now long defunct community organizing group, stole the election for President Obama."

I wonder what percent of that 49% think he is a Muslim and was born in Kenya?

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
"A new PPP survey released Tuesday finds that 49% of Republican voters nationally think that ACORN, a now long defunct community organizing group, stole the election for President Obama. That measure is down from 52% in 2008."

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17438 posts)
Political analyst/media talking heads are still analyzing the voting results by profile segments and offering conclusions.

Climate deniers and political demographic deniers will be proven to have something in common.

Can you guess what that commonality would be?

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7079 posts)
"There are a lot of Obama supporters around, and the number is ever increasing. "

You must talking about the Cleveland precinct where Obama received 108% of the registered voters for that precinct.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 103   End
TOPIC: The White House: The Second Term of America's 44th President, Barack Obama