The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right : Swingers Discussion 2205901051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 71   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Guilds arose prior to the industrial revolution and were comprised of skilled craftsmen in a particular field. The members were usually independent merchants and their chief goal was to control and limit entry into their profession. Over the centuries, the guilds evolved into the skilled trades unions, which in the U.S. eventually conglomerated into the AFL.

The CIO, by contrast, sprung out of the general labor movement and was made up mostly of low or unskilled workers in the large industries that emerged in the early 1900's.

Before and after the merger of AFL with the CIO, the tensions between skilled and unskilled labor have been as much a characteristic of the labor movement as have been the tensions between labor and management. Skilled laborers, many of whom served multiple year apprenticeships to learn their craft, typically are not thrilled about paying dues and fighting for the laborers who bring few skills and little leverage to the movement.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
Here are the 2 posts you can't see, in order:

"The Ella was the sister ship to the Edmund. Captured by the Germans, she was hauled by Fitzcarraldo up to Lake Victoria, where she was sunk by the African Queen of Jazz."

"youtube.c om/watch?v=-pJ76nAkysM "

Have fun.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Va:

"I would think Robert would find it interesting, given that it's about a "rubber baron"."

Sadly I cannot read to whom you speak, for they have blocked me and this site thinks a block on the forums was wise. Personally I think it was foolish. Forums are like speaking in town square, you have no privacy and may at any time leave.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
Hmmm I had never heard of that... mind you, I'm not surprised.

I would think Robert would find it interesting, given that it's about a "rubber baron".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19447 posts)
youtube.c om/watch?v=-pJ76nAkysM

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
That seems like a lot of work for someone you're going to sink in a lake. Union contract rules?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19447 posts)
The Ella was the sister ship to the Edmund. Captured by the Germans, she was hauled by Fitzcarraldo up to Lake Victoria, where she was sunk by the African Queen of Jazz.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
So how many sailors could board the Ella Fitzgerald at once?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19447 posts)
One thing is sure, the Ella Fitzgerald was a much better singer than the Edmund Fitzgerald. Can't say as I've ever heard anything about her battened hatches though.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I'm thinking most of the employees at Three Mile island were union.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16987 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   51 to 60 of 71   End
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right