The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right : Swingers Discussion 2205901031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   31 to 40 of 71   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The pastor of the flock whose lives are destoryed and whose own home was nearly demolished had no interest in workplace safety or the cause of unions for safe working conditions. Over the weekend he held an outdoor service to let his flock know his deep spiritual solution to their devastation.

How can religion become so disassociated from reality?

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7064 posts)
Also she was split almost directly in the center, which to me would indicate a structural failure from bowing. Which would explain why the last time she was seen before sinking her fencing was gone.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
She was discovered broken apart by both a aerial Navy plane, and by sonar, and then later dived using submersibles. I think in later years divers actually made the dive to her grave. She was definitely in two pieces, and if I remember correctly the stern was keel up at the bottom.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
Fj: If I remember the Coast Guard report she is intact. With exception of her cargo hold covers. Those are scattered. Which means they were not dogged down. There is a lot of disbelief as to why she went down. The splitting of her as she got suspended between two massive waves was the original theory. The union and the family's have dismissed the report as their own could have not been so sloppy in their work. But the pictures/video and interviews of the men who served aboard tell a different story.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Party:

I can tell you as a matter of fact, that a union doesn't make a factory safer.

My father worked a factory where they made metal pumps. They were good for a death a month. Either from moister being in the mold as the hot liquid was poured into it or when maintenance was preformed on one specific piece of equipment. (on good months, the new guys sent to do the maintenance on the machine would lose only a finger... or three.)

Why were these factories so unsafe? Because the bosses would enter the negotiations with an a threat. "Don't accept what we put on the table and we pack up and leave you unemployed."

One day the union pushed and called the bosses bluff. The bosses caved and signed the Unions contract... The following month they folded shop and within a year over 200 men were unemployed.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7677 posts)
Ahhhh Yes...self regulation...always effective! The Chances of a non Union Texas based company reporting such things to a federal agency, is on par with Sarah Pailin winning the Nobel prize for physics

Failure to report significant volumes of hazardous chemicals at a site can lead the DHS to fine or shut down fertilizer operations, a person familiar with the agency's monitoring regime said. Though the DHS has the authority to carry out spot inspections at facilities, it has a small budget for that and only a "small number" of field auditors, the person said.

Firms are responsible for self reporting the volumes of ammonium nitrate and other volatile chemicals they hold to the DHS, which then helps measure plant risks and devise security and safety plans based on them.

Since the agency never received any so-called top-screen report from West Fertilizer, the facility was not regulated or monitored by the DHS under its CFAT standards, largely designed to prevent sabotage of sites and to keep chemicals from falling into criminal hands.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
BS there were many theories on her sinking. With no survivors they only had what they could gather from the wreckage at the bottom of the lake. We do know she broke in two, and those two parts were over a hundred yards apart, IMO indicating she broke apart on surface or decent. EF was known for breaking tonnage records, which probably did not help with the stress on her welds.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
"The Texas Department of State Health Services" I have NO doubt that is a well staffed properly funded organization with highly trained professionals on staff (Sarcasm) Guessing it's office can be found in the doublewide in lot 144, and staffed by a guy named Floyd who is Perry's illegitimate grandson who also works part time at an Ace hardware store, his idiot brother in law, and their goat.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
"I can tell you that a union will make a factory no more safer than one without a union" Completely and totally untrue in the vast majority of cases.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
I thought the FG was sunk form over weight of ice...........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   31 to 40 of 71   End
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right