The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right : Swingers Discussion 2205901021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   21 to 30 of 71   End
User Details are only visible to members.
He won't answer because he's already been busted.

Sucks to be a non-union scab but you all seen for yourselves he can't defend his business practices. Gave him every opportunity and he bawlked. Surprise, surprise.

When you're ready to prove me wrong Goodenuff (snicker) I'm waiting...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Good,

I have worked in numerous chemical plants and this information has been widely known at each of them, and I know of many instances where OSHA came to inspect based on a concern raised by a worker at the plant.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18758 posts)
Good,,,sorry but here I go sounding like an elitist again...But that happens some times when you are honest about something We are talking about deep dark rural Texas blue collar industry here. The chances that 90% of the workers at this place know OSHA exists, much less how to go about filing of complaint, or even knowing there was anything to complain about, are about zilch

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
Why aren't the Texas-based Word Of Faith prophets like Ken and Gloria Copeland and their 'Voice of The Believer' ministries giving god's explanation of why this little city in their state is so hated by god that he allows a disaster like this to occure?

Discerning American patriots who mistrust religious zeal and pretentious moral supremacy are asking for a divine explanation.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6776 posts)
Apparently some people are not aware of how these things work.

An employee can make an anonymous call to OSHA about any workplace and report an unsafe condition. Anonymous means that just about anyone, including a competitor, a neighbor etc. can make the call. Refer to them as "the source".

OSHA will investigate all calls about a hazardous condition or workplace violation regardless of the source. There is a priority list for making workplace inspections. First priority is "Iminent danger", Second is "Catastrophes and fatal accidents", and...

"Third priority goes to formal employee complaints of unsafe or unhealthful working conditions and to referrals from any source about a workplace hazard.

The Act gives each employee the right to request an OSHA inspection when the employee believes he or she is in imminent danger from a hazard or when he or she thinks that there is a violation of an OSHA standard that threatens physical harm. OSHA will maintain confidentiality if requested, inform the employee of any action it takes regarding complaints, and, if requested, hold an informal review of any decision not to inspect."

osha . gov

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Party:

"You think a Shop Steward would have made sure the proper reporting procedures and subsequent action plans would have been taken? "

I know that a man faced with either having a job which keeps him on food stamps and other social welfare, or losing his job because the factory is sent to China, will do what ever he must to keep that factory open.

This is why any Union for any facility that can be outsourced have become pointless. It is too attractive to pay people in the third world a wage that they think is good, only because they already live in shit.

This is why I believe any company based in the US ought be mandated to pay its employees (anywhere in the world) the minimum of minimum wage in the US. You are a US company, you will uphold the values of work for pay based upon the status of the first world nation you represent.

This will of course have the added bonus of improving the lives of the people in that nation by building demand for other products and rising the standard of living from fly infested gettos to actual civilized nations.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7232 posts)
sevaral ships have went down on the lakes form snow storms.ice storms are worst,ice build up adds alot of weight in a short time.I heard there was an ice storm at the time............BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Robert..please...Spare me the anacdotal examples and exeptions that prove the rule....Unions brought us out of Sinclair's jungle, and "right to work" has taken us 10 steps back towards it. You think a Shop Steward would have made sure the proper reporting procedures and subsequent action plans would have been taken? Bank on it.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3831 posts)
One of those great 'Word Of Faith' preachers from Texas who is a modern apostle should have had a warning from god about the impending demise of the faithful flock. Since they 'hear the voice of god' it seems that must have been situationally deaf to the warnings. Or too busy counting the money from their last evangelism crusade teevee offering.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6776 posts)
I'm pretty sure Ybor City Rhino manure-derived fertilizer cannot be used in urban locations.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18758 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   21 to 30 of 71   End
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right