The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right : Swingers Discussion 2205901011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 71   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You missed the point entirely.

Non-operating plants lose money dude. Please don't argue about that.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19856 posts)
In thought I typed type.

They are owned by the same type of businessmen.

Men who will demand wealth many magnitudes higher than they are actually worth, investors who demand immediate returns, all of this immediate profit comes at the cost of the employees safety and scraps of bread and water allotments.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
" Both a Chemical plant and a factory have one common denominator, their owned by the same businesmen who make money no mater if the factory is operating or not."

Robert..... seriously....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19856 posts)
Va:

I use factories as my example because I do not know anyone who has worked one, that said... Both a Chemical plant and a factory have one common denominator, their owned by the same businesmen who make money no mater if the factory is operating or not.

Close the factory, sell the equipment and building. Take the profits and flee, then invest in the Chinese factory that replaced yours.

If your complaint is that a factory worker and a chemical worker are different, and the chemical worker will bring OSHA down upon his own all the time... Just because he is pissed... Then you have a low level of understanding people.

People need to eat. Their place of employment doesn't affect or change this fact.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Why did I bother trying to explain to Robert about OSHA inspections of chemical plants? WHY!?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19856 posts)
Va:

By the time an inspector is done with a factory, they can easilly write up 10 million USD in fines. They don't, because they know that those fines will be beaten down and the inspector will cost men their jobs when the factory leaves rather than fix their problems.

As for the disgruntled employee calling OSHA, tough. Keep your nose clean and you won't have to worry about inspections. Oh and this doesn't happen often, because the employees know that when the factory closes, they won't have another to go to.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
I should add....

A number of complaints are made by disgruntled employees who wish to "get someone" by filing an "anonymous" OSHA report of a problem in an area they are responsible for. I know of a few instances of this.

I say "anonymous" because usually they are stupid and brag about it to the wrong person.....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19856 posts)
"More over when the inspector discovers problems, they can write up fines equalling 10-20 million dollars."

Robert, "problems" do not rack up fines like that unless that demonstrate both blatant disregard for regulations *and* efforts to circumvent it or hide it, and on top of it someone gets killed.

The more routine things are solvent exposure, being more than 4 ft off the ground without a rail or safety harness, icy steps, an exposed hot pipe, etc. These typically result in corrective action plans and not fines, since the goal of OSHA is not to crucify things that are "imperfect", but instead to identify problems and correct them. The huge majority of such complaints are concerns only, and not as a result of some catastrophe.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19856 posts)
Good:

Technically you are correct. Any employee may make a complaint and ask to keep their identity secret. But the bosses need only close the doors after the inspection.

More over when the inspector discovers problems, they can write up fines equalling 10-20 million dollars. The business already expects this and possess lawyers to take fines to court and have them reduced... Even in PA the fines are normally reduced by 50-90%.

Why? So that the business doesn't go under and the people are able to retain their jobs. Remeber that the job of the court is to protect the needs of the people and uphold the law. By reducing the fines, the law is upheld and the need for employment is protected.

How do I know that this is how the game is played? Because while my father worked the factories, he climbed the union ladders and often sought out being union. He would sit on the boards deciding things at the factory level, and would work with inspectors. He would see how the courts would toss the fines aside... Even in cases where people died.

Why? Because the living needed employment. Because the employers knew that they were put on notice and in time the fines would become criminal charges of endangering their workers. This is when the rate of factory closures increased the most.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
"I have worked in numerous chemical plants" yeah...sure you have...LMAO A chemical, is that what they call meth in Va these days?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 71   End
TOPIC: The Texas Fertilizer plant a non Union right to work plant right