The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane : Swingers Discussion 732571061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane
TOPIC: The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Good points, But profiteering? HHHMMMM not sure at this point. My meds must be kickin in LOL

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Freedom is not free and my $2000.00 a year doesnt buy much hell it doesnt even pay my son one months salary in the service. But it feeds a family of four with no father that doesnt pay his child support for one month. You have your quams about tax dollars and I have mine. But it seems it is the profit thing that really bothers you, not where the money goes. I am just askin.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
What is with the obssesion with profit? someone has to make the money why not U.S oil companies? Or is it excess of profit that bothers people? Not being an ass I really want to know, The profits when they lead to increased revenues for the fed and states and they provide jobs and research. Whats wrong with profit? Is it a free market society that is the problem.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Nobody is denying Pelosi's right or need to an Aircraft. After 911 the President signed a bill allowing any one in the immediate order of succession to fly on a secure aircraft and have personal protection.

Another part of the story is that the Aircraft requested is a 757 with amenities, andadditional cost to the taxpayers, that her predecessors never had. There are many smaller and “corporate” style aircraft within the government that can fly non-stop from DC to SF. Pelosi blamed it on the "Sgt at Arms".

However, I question whether the House "Sgt at Arms" could of submitted this request without the Pelosi's knowledge, or her staffs knowledge. I also would question where the "Sgt at Arms" got the specific amenities or "needs" from. I have a hard time believing he just made them up off the top of his head. Maybe he did but that would be one hell of a coincidence.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I agree Perfect. I get tired of hearing "U.S. Oil" interests. It is disingenuous and used to create spin and mislead the public.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
it has been reported..

The White House on Thursday defended House Speaker Nancy Pelosi against Republican criticism that her desire to fly in an Air Force transport plane is an extravagance.

This is a silly story and I think it's been unfair to the speaker," White House spokesman Tony Snow said.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
The current Congress is just spinning. If they truly wanted to stop the Iraq war, they could act. The War Powers Act ends with the ability for Congress to pass a joint BINDING resolution (Senate and House) ordering the end of any conflict and the removal of all troops. If they did that, the President would have no option but to remove our troops.

I actually agree with AUS that Bush MIGHT (we don't actually know) view his signing as "irrelevant". However, it is also my opinion that Pelosi and her Democrat colleagues, as well as many Republicans, who draft, propose, debate and make a big media deal out of these NON-BINDING resolutions; do it just for show, and to stir up their voter blocks. Therefore, it is my opinion, that Pelosi, etc., also view these as "irrelevant".

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"My wife works for an airline. Be glad that only two runways were closed at LAX. When The Madness of King George visits the SF Bay Area, ALL airspace and three major airports are shut down until he lands at Moffet Field." ------------------------------------------------------------------- Not according to the FAA or the Airports Authorities, at either San Jose or San Fran International Airports. I agree, the "Haircut" story about Bill Clinton was way overblown and facts were spun into fiction. However, the same is true of this BS about President Bush.

Now, if you would like to complain that President Bush has only had 6 trips to the Bay Area during his Presidency and NONE included visiting the Politicians of or the city itself of San Francisco, then you have a legitimate complaint.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
OH I get it its ok for you but not for me and if he would just answer the questions asked of him there would be no problem. but he sticks his nose in and then runs when things get a little tough. And he made that statement not me. Drugs are a serious problem for our youth and he make light of it and condones it in his children.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Or maybe dept of childrens services?

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 83   End
TOPIC: The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane