The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane : Swingers Discussion 732571041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane
TOPIC: The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   41 to 50 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Perfect

"I gave you a statistic and websites....you don't investigate."

Not YOU personally that is....but I have posted statistics and websites either in this or other threads....recently concerning yearly budget deficits.....don't if any conservative looked the reference up.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Akron

Nice post, too bad it only shows what was collected not the percentage of the total taxes collected by the IRS

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

Whether you post on the subject or not is not a concern of mine.

you said:

"BTW I still think your 17% is BS. I didn't look it up but an educated guess is that you're looking only at C corps."

Then do look it up, I did. And of couse I'm talking about C Corps as S Corps do not pay taxes....the income gets passed through to the stockholder and the individual pays the tax.

So go ahead and bow out of the conversation and don't answer any questions yourself. I at least try to answer questions you put forth. And when talking about bias you need to look at yourself. I've said it before and will say it again.....everybody here is bias and never changes their minds. I gave you a statistic and websites....you don't investigate.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)

"if they didn't SAVE it...they SPENT it..and thats why this economy is on a rocket ship right now"

Exactly, they spent it. This is as the result of two things:

1. Wages are not keeping up and 2. Just like the federal gov't they can't seem to reign in spending.....got to have those new toys.

The negative savings will come around to haunt the individual.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

". "Corporations pay only about 17% of the revenue collected by IRS as of about 2001.....individuals pay the rest." Patently not true. Small business is STILL is the number one employer in the US. Also Individuals WORK for corporations"

You better go look it up, I did. Corporation taxes collected by IRS amounted to 17% as of about 2001. It was approximately 23% prior to then. The remainder is paid by individuals and you can't give corporations credit for paying individual taxes. To do that would say corporation pay 100% and individuals 0%.

"OMG!! At least corporate welfare CREATES prosperity."

OMG what part of welfare don't you understand. Welfare is welfare whether it's corporate of individual. It's still a cost spread over the taxpayer. Individual welfare costs about $400 per taxpayer while corporate welfare costs taxpayers about $1400 on average.....that's not prosperity, that a drain on the economy the same as you conservative says individual welfare is a drain.

Question: Would you say in recent years the economy has been expanding?

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)

"4. Give the taxpayers their own money back, they will either SPEND it, creating new jobs, INVEST it, which creates more jobs, or SAVE it, which allows Banks to LEND IT OUT, which creates more jobs."

SAVE it. Hmmm that's why they just reported last week that American's last year saved a negative 1%

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

"Tax rates decrease. I can now afford to buy new equipment. This equipment allows me to make products cheaper and faster. "

Well I can see your point pretty much. I just don't agree as to the degree that it would cause all the affects you give in your second example for two reasons.

1. Corporations pay only about 17% of the revenue collected by IRS as of about 2001.....individuals pay the rest.

2. That would not be the result for small corporations which are capital intensive as that would not result in much new equipment. And you assume that productively greatly increases. Not all new equipment results in increased production.

As I said corporate welfare costs the taxpayers much more than welfare for individuals. I could therefore say that tax cuts to corporations is an expense of individual taxpayers.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)

"The budget deficits created during the Reagan years were direclty fueled by congress and their out of control spending just like during the GWB years. "

And Reagan couldn't veto any spending bill? If he didn't veto it....then he agreed with it and therefore he owns it.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

"Sorry about this Dave, but that sounds like a statement made by somebody who has never run a business that requires any significant capital. "

Nope I have never run a business requiring significant capital. I have however, prepared corporate tax returns for many years and never seen one capital intensive business increase their capital or net worth due to tax cuts. I have however, watched many of the CEO and upper management steadily increasing their take home pay while the rank and file continue at the same pace.

And no I do not have class envy. I don't particularly care what any CEO or management takes home. I worry about my family only. But I can say that I have not had one single increase in my pay for either performing my job at supurb efficiency nor as a cost of living increase. For example, the last CPA firm I worked for, my responsibility was not in preparing tax returns but in reviewing what other staff had prepared (I did prepare when I was ahead of the other staff). Which means 1 that I knew the clients almost as well as the boss and 2 that I was the one catching the errors and saving face for the boss. I also had the responsibility of insuring scheduling and getting the work out. The last 3 years....no increase in pay and the last year my regularly scheduled (and desired) work week of 4 days was cut to 3 days to save money. Now if that other day pay didn't make it to my pocket.....who's pocket do you think it went into? Point being, I didn't begrudge the boss keeping it in his pocket but mine was hurting and I therefore had to move on. Fortunately, my brother who owns a construction company was getting ready to hire and accountant and asked me.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

"Tell me at who's expense a tax cut is. "

In your example of banking, you took customers from another bank. My assumption is anyone shopping for rates as in your example comes from the other bank not paying or charging as much depending on whether they are borrowing or saving. So I'd have to say that the "other" bank lost revenue. If they lost a customer to you....how did that bank increase revenue.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   41 to 50 of 83   End
TOPIC: The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane