The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane : Swingers Discussion 73257101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane
TOPIC: The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane
Created by: AusTexFunGuy The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Bogas? She was the first one out the box bitching about this issue, and said the DOD and the white house were cooperating . The way I look at it? So fucking what. But there is that, what about me syndrome again.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
JNM..why must you try and insult the wives of people that you have a disagreement with? Why not deal with the person that you are dealing with and leave their wives out of it. I am quite sure your mother brought you up with better manners than that.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Perfect

I've have read what "you" posted from your conservative sources....do you really think they would cut CBPP a break. After all, conservatives never have anything negative to say about a liberal or their conclusions. It never happens here! The CBPP may indeed be slanted left but they claim to be nonpartisan, but one thing for sure, the Heritage Foundation is certainly and admittedly slanted right and as I said, if a think tank declares to be conservative then you're only going to get the conservative answer because they know where they're going to end up before they get started. They will certainly not publish anything contrary to their position.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
The problem I see with a think tank stating up front if they are conservative or liberal is that you know where their analysis is going to land with them before they type the first word. A claim of independence or nonpartisan I would feel I need to read the article to see where they land.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
ALL think tans lean one way or another. Some may have conservatives on them, some liberal, some with both....but the conclusions, suggestions, recommendations etc, will still lean one way or another, based on who has the deciding vote or votes, the final say or who controls the purse strings.

I concur with Akron, at least the conservative think tank admits, up front, who they are. That kind of honesty should be admired, and not automatically lead to skepticism, ridicule or dismissal of their conclusions.

Those that do automatically diss them are the owns being closed minded.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I've got to go. My reputable sources say they are independent or nonpartisan...you don't believe it, so why waste my time? You post sources that claim to be "conservative"....Heritage Foundation. Like I said at least Milken claims "independent", but then they are not as specialized as CBPP nor been in business as long. Milken gets into other discussions as far as I can see and was not able to find anything current on their site. CBPP posts reviews from other journalists, congress etc to support their value in economic analysis. It appears they are trusted for economic analysis as well as being timely with current events.

I'm not going to waste my time converting your numbers....you wouldn't pay attention anyway.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Anyway I don't expect an agreement with you. Obviously the "independent" think tanks don't agree so why should I expect an agreement with you. I say tomato you said tomoto. Got to go, got things to do.

Later

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

"I believe the table I got the information from had it in 2000 dollars. You have to pick a base year for constant dollars. I don't see a difference in using today as the constant. You won't see a difference in the gains either."

To measure growth you start earlier at the beginning of a business cycle not at the end and work backwards. The business cycle is not one or two year. It varys depending on the economy and other factors. From Wekipedia:

"[edit] Traditional business cycle models The main types of business cycles enumerated by Joseph Schumpeter and others in this field have been named after their discoverers or proposers:

the Kitchin inventory cycle (3-5 years) - after Joseph Kitchin. the Juglar fixed investment cycle (7-11 years) -- after Clement Juglar. the Kuznets infrastructural investment cycle (15-25 years) -- after Simon Kuznets, Nobel Laureate. the Kondratieff wave or cycle (45-60 years) -- after Nikolai Kondratieff. Even longer cycles are occasionally proposed, often as multiples of the Kondratiev cycle."

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
And by the way...I don't know why you're quoting revenues in current dollars as "support for the effects of 9/11"

The discussion has not been about 9/11, the discussion has been that tax cuts increase revenue. In addtiion costs of war is not unique to this administration.....we're had quite a few wars that the federal gov't had to support and pay for as well as natural disasters...so I'd say overall the playing field is rather level. However, this is one of the few times that wars have not been paid for by increasing taxes. Under Roosevelt for example, the individual highest marginal tax bracket was approximately 90% so WWII was pretty well paid for and the cost did not pass to future generations. Iraq, 9/11 and Katrina have been paid for by borrowing money not taxes. It is reflected in the severe increase to the national debt now sitting at about 8.6 - 9 trillion. This deficit will be paid for by yours and my children.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Perfect

LOL Funny that you'd qoute the Heritage Foundation LOL You've quoted them before....real creditable there....their home web page specifically states they are a "conservative think tank". In other words that don't even try to claim they are Nonpartisan or Independent. At least the Milken Institute "claims" to be independent.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 83   End
TOPIC: The Swiftboating of Nancy Pelosi's Plane