Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › The State of America through European eyes: Germany and England
TOPIC: The_State_of_America_through_European_eyes:_Germany_and_England
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
Once Upon a Time in the West (from Germany)

Hate has become a part of the everyday culture of American politics.

This week, the United States nearly allowed itself to succumb to economic disaster. Increasingly, the divided country has more in common with a failed state than a democracy. In the face of America’s apparent political insanity, Europe must learn to take care of itself.

The word “West” used to have a meaning. It described common goals and values, the dignity of democracy and justice over tyranny and despotism. Now it seems to be a thing of the past. There is no longer a West, and those who would like to use the word — along with Europe and the United States in the same sentence — should just hold their breath. By any definition, America is no longer a Western nation.

The US is a country where the system of government has fallen firmly into the hands of the elite. An unruly and aggressive militarism set in motion two costly wars in the past 10 years. Society is not only divided socially and politically — in its ideological blindness the nation is moving even farther away from the core of democracy. It is losing its ability to compromise.

America has changed. It has drifted away from the West.

1  2  3  4  5  Next »
1 to 10 of 50
User Details are only visible to members.
Some of Rachel Ray's creole recipes must totally confuse you.

**ZZ**

Minneapolis MN
Username hidden
(9142 posts)
I have no fucking desire to be like europeans.

A nanny state taking care of them? I'll pass and take care of myself. I don't need the govt tit to do it.

Port Saint Lucie FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I notice they never mention george soros in that article.

He nearly bankrupted britan in his quest for wealth.

I don't have to time to refute every aspect of that propagana. I'll jsut say it's all bullshit.

Port Saint Lucie FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
The USA has always been seen as "different" from the rest of Western Europe. There's an old saying that goes something like this: " American society is the only culture that has gone from barbarism to decadence without passing through civilization."

Think about it, many of us are the descendants of reactionaries, victims, and radicals. Our forefathers left lives elsewhere (some of those lives were quite genteel and comfortable) to scratch out a new living in a foreign land. Some of us came here to escape persecution, some of us came here because we didn't have a choice.

It is from this experience that the classic American notion of "rugged indvidualist" is born.

Americans do stuff while the rest of the world gazes at its navel.

Personally I'm glad that we're "different"

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(63 posts)
tbr Its quit. PRIA iw so lost its not funny,, Now watch Ill put a pic up/

'Mickey

Maurice LA
Username hidden
(6215 posts)
It would be more likely that the French would be eating borscht at the conclusion of WWII had we not gotten involved.

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(23044 posts)
Does this dude expect stuff for freE or what? GIVE ME A FUCKING B REAK

Maurice LA
Username hidden
(6215 posts)
"Please name a few of people who predicted what would happen, that our present course was unsustainable, and when that prediction was made."

Please specify the time period you refer to.

If you are primarily referring to Keynesian economics, you get one answer.

If you are talking about the Bush Depression, you will get a different answer.

I'm thinking that an electrical engineer would be more precise...;-)

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(23044 posts)
Hitler made the mistake of paying back the WWI vendetta and back doored Russia after their "peace treaty". He was spread to thin and should have either never went into Eng. or leveled them before fucking with the Russians.

Remember the Red Scare? The Supreme Allied Commander (title might be wrong) and others were split on fighting Russia immediately. They didn't, and the Cold War started.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
"We lost thousands of men and women saving England from Germany's ass when they decided to lose their damn minds. France as well, throw her ass in there with them. If not for us...they'd be eating pinche yaegar schnitzel in Paris right now."

Other than the Columbus and pilgram/Thanksgiving fables we were fed as kids, this is another one of the biggest myths. We were getting beat to the point that they started letting Black soldiers enlist, even in the south. We did not single handedly defeat Germnay.

The U-boats controlled the Atlantic, and we were losing thousands of tons of ships to the point where the sent out fleets expecting to lose a great majority of them. An invention that helped the Allied detect the U-boats under water is what saved everyone. Russia was able to rebuild factories, brick by brick, moving them from the west to central and east Russia. They kept the Germans from from finishing off England and putting all their energy towards bombing the east coast. You should read some of the plane technology we took from them.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  Next »
1 to 10 of 50
TOPIC: The State of America through European eyes Germany and England
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.