The Sandy 36 : Swingers Discussion 216131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Sandy 36
TOPIC: The Sandy 36
Created by: TheGhost_and_MrsMuir
Original Starting post for this thread:
36 Rethuglican Senators voted AGAINST the Sandy relief bill today. They insisted that the funding be tied to spending cuts of equal value, DESPITE most having lobbied for disaster relief for their own states IN ADVANCE of the storm even hitting their state (it never did), spoken highly of FEMA for the money THEY got for their state. Others were simply uncaring and unfeeling and said no out of some twisted reasoning they call 'morals'. Hypocrisy in the Rethuglican party? Go figure.

Comments?

I know that some supporters of these 'public servants' have been directly affected and desperately NEED this money. How do you square your willingness to take, but are unwilling to allow anyone 'else' (those people) access to government largesse? How do you rationalize your support of such sociopaths (the Republican party) and yet 'take' from the government more than any other group per capita?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mark:

Oh I will agree with you about the US having some ofthe worst weather... But as for me leaving, nah. It isn't I who can't adapt, it is those who would kick his countrymen when he is down who can't adapt to being a member if a civilized society.

First the northeast has the best weather in the country... Or at the least manageable weather. That said you place too many expectations upon a people with dwindling resources.

People must work, they go where thr work is. This means that they must live where the work is... And capitalist who butter their bread by not paying for the services they claim to render have made having insurance almost pointless in these places.

A family can't wait 2-6 months for the checks to come in from their insurance companies... They need them immediately, so to replace the car and get to work if their job still exist or find a new one.

The businesses need to relocate or rebuild... They can't wait years for those checks.

Then you have those who aren't able to even afford insurance... Who live in these places because they need to work.... But aren't paid a wage for the environment they live in.

So take your self rightious ass and go to Iraq where you can live your dog eat dog world.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7248 posts)
Robert: The North American Continent has the worst weather of any of the habitable continents. We have the most tornadoes, hurricanes, and largest snowfalls. We have some of the coldest and highest temperatures in the world also. Bad weather is not new here. And California is right up there with Japan for earthquakes. You need to leave Robert. You cannot handle it here.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Mark:

If the east coast were struck by weather like this more often, than you would have a point... But sandy wasn't the typical storm and thus why no one was prepared for it.

Katrina was so bad, because the levees broke.

Notice how most of FL isn't nearly as damaged or weren't as unprepared? Why? Because they are use to superstorms like sandy... The north east isn't and this shouldn't expect to be hit by such storms.

FYI: 3/4 of the US is at some kind of flood plain or in the way of some major devestating weather patteran, so you might want to watch what you are saying. More over with climate change, the storms are becoming worst... Yet it is people like you who block study and reporting of these changes so people may become armed so to know what to expect.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7248 posts)
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign quietly donated nearly $90,000 to the Red Cross in late November, according to a report filed Thursday night with the Federal Election Commission.

The donation came on Nov. 30 – about one month after Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on the East Coast, stretching thin the organization’s resources, and weeks after the GOP candidate lost to President Barack Obama. Neither Romney nor his campaign publicized the donation, despite liberal allegations in the days before the election that he had used the Red Cross as a political prop.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign quietly donated nearly $90,000 to the Red Cross in late November, according to a report filed Thursday night with the Federal Election Commission.

The donation came on Nov. 30 – about one month after Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on the East Coast, stretching thin the organization’s resources, and weeks after the GOP candidate lost to President Barack Obama. Neither Romney nor his campaign publicized the donation, despite liberal allegations in the days before the election that he had used the Red Cross as a political prop.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
I hope this is a trend and a start back to personal responsibility by the Federal Government. If you build where your going to get flooded. Expect to get flooded. Or build your house on stilts. I think it is wrong for my money to be used to rebuild your house, over and over again.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Current political truthiness. If Marcus discovered he can 'pray away the gay' he also discovered tha he can 'pray away the hypocrisy' using the same pseudo-psychological, para-charismatic christian confabulism.

Recent political truthiness reveals for this for the reader:

Although Marcus Bachmann has continually denied that his Christian counseling clinic practices so-called "pray away the gay" therapy, yet another prominent LGBT activist is testifying to the contrary.

Documentary filmmaker Kristina Lapinski, who is currently at work on "GAY U.S.A. the Movie," went undercover at Bachmann & Associates, the Minnesota-based Christian counseling clinic co-owned by Marcus and Michele Bachmann, and once again captured a staff member conducting what she described as "reparative" therapy.

Baffling pseudo-theo-pschological therapy is accepted as godification in Bachmann's Lake Elmo Clinic, Home of the Three Minute Welfare Queen Hypnotic Trance.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6787 posts)
Oh, I bet this is quality!

Look Ghost! This place is nothing but "righties"!

NK, You, PP, ZZ, Robert....

OMG look at us all!

It must be fun to live in a world where you can just make things up!

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18782 posts)
Every American citizen who knows anything about political greed and entitlement only nees to follow the trail of entitlement and government program queen Michelle Bachman of Minnesota's 9th Congressional District, to discover an answer to why Republic-con Party Congressmen vote for U.S. treasury funs for their districts, and yet vote to deny them to others.

It's a Government Welfare Queen Standard. God approves of this hypocrisy.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6787 posts)
Here is spending cuts.

1) All SSI. (I could always use that money... It isn't like I can depend upon using Social security when I am older.)

2) All medicare and other. (If the republicans are to be believed, my generation won't have the money for this either.)

3) All spending on defense. (If the republicans are to be believed, when we go under, we won't be able to defend ourselves anyway... and the liberals want to conduct a republican genocide... Might as well remove the fangs from the liberals now before they commit this fantasy genocide)

4) Tax all wealth 200% (The wealthy are the leaders of our society... They lead us to this mess, they can help clean it up.)

Why am I attacking the elderly and my parents generation? Possibly my own? these are after all the biggest spending areas we have and we are in debt are we not? Aren't we the ones who racked up this debt? Should we not put aside our own spending so to save for our childrens sake?

If we cannot spare the change to help our fellow citizens because of the cost, then we ought to repay our debts immediately so future generations will have a fresh credit card to use. We after all racked up these debts... We ought to repay them in our life times.... With our blood.

What do you all think of this plan of repaying the debt? Does anyone wish to spite my countrymen now? Or would you rather shed some pork at the top and find a means of spreading that wealth to the masses so that they can rebuild on their own?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7248 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: The Sandy 36