The Right's failure to understand capitalism : Swingers Discussion 2205151051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Right's failure to understand capitalism
TOPIC: The Right's failure to understand capitalism
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 65   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Good:

Either you are paying more than the median, to which I will thank you or you are lying.

Bls says the median roofer wage is $34,220 per year, $16.45 per hour

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
Oops, and as a matter of fact, I just did tell that to the BLS. I'm required to report the wages I pay for each class of worker so they can update the site you just referenced.

Like I said, some of us actually live in the real world.

:-)

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
LOL

I don't need to look at a website. I see the wage requirements every day- they're made a part of the contracts I have.

You forget- some of us work in the real world, NOT the virtual world.

BTW, the pay for a night watchman on a construction site is actually $40.30/hr. He gets to sit and watch to make sure no one tries to come on site and steal something, as well as to watch for fires.

A Roofer is $49.03, the Sheet Metal guy on the roofing crew is $59.93. A painter is $49.40, a bricklayer is $50.16, the elevator constructor is $73.19. These are base wages- a foreman or specific type of job may demand more money, and as is common, if you are better than the average guy, you get paid more.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good:

"The average pay for each hour of work is about $50 per hour of work. That of course is before taxes and insurance.

Unless they are working on highway/heavy work. You know, the jobs the government pays for. Those jobs pay significantly less for the same work performed on a building."

Tell that to the bureau of labor and statistics.

ht tp://ww w.bls.g ov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/roofers.h tm

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
The average pay for each hour of work is about $50 per hour of work. That of course is before taxes and insurance.

Unless they are working on highway/heavy work. You know, the jobs the government pays for. Those jobs pay significantly less for the same work performed on a building.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"..the average pay for a skilled construction worker here is about $50/hr..."

Are you averaging in those who don't have work? Or are they only "workers" who are currently working?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"skillled

1.having skill; skillful 2.having or requiring an ability, as in a particular industrial occupation, gained by special experience or training

The definition of skilled is someone with a talent or ability.

(adjective) An example of a skilled person is an expert stone mason."

Some things can only be learned on the job, in the field, NOT in a classroom. Roofing is a skill.

The only unskilled people on a construction site (aside from the office staff) would be the gopher, the floor sweeper, and the night watchman.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
ROFLMAO

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
People should be payed what the employer thinks they are worth paying. Fortunately for one loser on here it is illegal to pay with paper bags of dog shit.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
I don't have employees. I work for a living as you know. I don't care how much the owner pays himself. He is the one taking all the risk.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 65   End
TOPIC: The Right's failure to understand capitalism